Dena Bank PO Syllabus Exam Pattern 2017: Dena Bank will conduct a online Exam for the post of Probationary Officer (PO). The online application window for Dena Bank PO Recruitment is now open and the last date to apply is 09 May 2017.
For thorough and systematic preparation, they need to have complete information about the Dena Bank PO syllabus and exam pattern. So, here with this article on Dena Bank PO Syllabus and Exam Pattern, the candidates will have detailed knowledge about all the aspects of the same.
Dena Bank PO Exam Pattern 2017: Check Here
Candidates shall be selected by Dena Bank through a selection process consisting of an (open) online exam followed by Group Discussions and Interviews.
|Test Type||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|Objective Test||Reasoning Ability||50||50||2 Hours|
|General Awareness (special reference to Banking)||50||50|
|Descriptive Test||English Language||2||50||30 Minutes|
Minimum qualifying marks in group discussion and interview is 40 % (35% in case of SC/ST/OBC and Physically Handicapped candidates.
- Candidates are required to obtain a minimum score in each test and also a minimum total score in the online test to be shortlisted for Group Discussion & interview.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion & Interview depending on the number of vacancies, cut-off in each test and total marks secured in the online test as decided by the Bank There will be descriptive paper for test of writing skill in English which has to be completed in online mode only.
- The descriptive paper of only such candidates will be assessed who secure a minimum qualifying mark in the objective test. Wrong answers in objective test will attract negative marks (1/4th of marks assigned to that question) for the online test. Along with the call letters, information hand-out and a sample test shall also be uploaded on the site which candidates can take to familiarize themselves with the nature of Test & Questions.
Dena Bank PO Syllabus 2017
To crack the Online Written Exam one needs to prepare proficiently. For that, it is important to list all the topics that are part of the syllabus. Here, we have prepared a list that covers all the topics. The Dena bank PO syllabus is divided into 4 sections.
Usual Reasoning – Analogy, Odd Man out, Syllogism, Word Formation, Statement and Conclusions, Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Arguments, Passage and Conclusions, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, Alphabet Test, Series Test, Number Ranking and Time Sequence, Direction Sense Test, Sitting Arrangement, Decision Making, Input Output, Assertion and Reasoning, Figure Series etc.
- Non-Verbal Reasoning: Series test, Analogy, Odd Figures, Miscellaneous Test etc.
- High-Level Reasoning: Syllogism, Statement – Assumption/ Conclusion/ Inference/ Course for Action, Eligibility Test etc.
Vocabulary, Homonyms, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Word Formation, Topic comprehension (deriving conclusion, theme detection), Sentence Rearrangement, Passage Completion, Rearrangement of Passage, Spelling, Sentence, Grammar Rules (active, passive voice, direct, indirect speech), Phrases and Idioms.
- Data Interpretation: Visual diagrams, Pie outlines, Line charts and Classification, Number-crunching
- Arithmetic Ability: Roots, Average, Ratio, Time & work, Time & separation, Rate, Benefit & loss, Mixture, Stocks & shares, Partnership, Clocks, Volume & surface area, Height & distances, Logarithms, Permutation & combination, Simple & Compound interest, Equations and Probability.
- General Knowledge: Current Affairs (special reference to Banking Industry), Indian Economy, International Economy, UNO, Marketing, Constitution, Awards & Honors Sports, Reserve Bank of India Policies, Finance, Agriculture, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Computer
The expected topics are:
- Reading Comprehension (Descriptive Answer)
- Letter Writing
- Paragraph / Essay Writing
- Precise Writing
To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best Public Sector Banks Exam Preparation App for free