FCI Exam Pattern 2019 For Manager: Food Corporation of India has released FCI notification for the recruitment of 330 managers. With the release of FCI 2019 Manager recruitment notification candidates are now searching for the exact and detailed FCI exam pattern and syllabus. With the knowledge of FCI exam pattern, candidates can start with their FCI exam preparation in a planned manner.
As per the FCI selection process, candidates will first have to attempt the FCI online test which will be conducted in two stages. The FCI phase 1 & 2 exams will be held separately and candidates need to know the detailed syllabus as per the post they are applying for. In this article, we will provide you with the detailed FCI exam pattern for manager post as per the recent FCI notification.
FCI Exam Pattern 2019
FCI Manager Selection process consists of three stages namely, Online Test, Interview and Training. However, the selection for the post of Manager (Hindi) consists of only two stages as there will be no training period for this post.
Candidates will now focus on the FCI exam pattern for the online examination which will be held in two separate stages. FCI Phase 1 exam will be common to all candidates. Whereas, the FCI Phase 2 exam will be post-specific. There are four papers and as per the post the candidate has applied for, different papers are to be attempted.
FCI Exam Pattern For Manager – Phase 1
The FCI Phase 1 Exam Pattern is common to all posts. The FCI Phase 1 exam pattern is as follows:
|Name of Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
- A total of 60 minutes is allocated to complete the test with a sectional time allocation of 20 minutes.
- All the question will be multiple-choice questions (MCQ).
- For every right answer, 1 mark will be allocated and 1/4th of the marks allocated to that question will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- No mark will be deducted for unanswered questions.
- The FCI phase 1 exam will only be qualifying in nature and the marks will not be calculated for the final merit list.
FCI Exam Pattern For Manager – Phase 2
The FCI Phase 2 consists of four papers namely, Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3, Paper 4. The candidate will have to attempt the paper as per the post they have applied. Note that the candidate will not have to attempt all the papers. Let’s go through the table below to understand the post-wise papers to be attempted for FCI phase 2 exam.
|Manager(Accounts)||D||Paper 1 & Paper 2|
|ManagerTechnical)||E||Paper 1 & Paper 2|
|Manager(CivilEngineering)||F||Paper 1 & Paper 2|
|Manager(Electrical Mechanical Engineering)||G||Paper 1 & Paper 2|
|Manager (Hindi)||H||Paper 3 & Paper 4|
Note that, the FCI phase 2 exam consisting of multiple papers will be conducted in a single stage. Besides that, Paper 1 is common for post code – A, B, C, D, E, F, and G.
Note that, there will be no negative marking for phase 2 exam across all papers. Let’s go through the FCI phase 2 exam pattern for different papers from the table below:
|Paper Type||Number of Questions/ Max. Marks||Duration|
|Paper – I||120/ 120||90 minutes|
|Paper-II (Only For Post Code D, E, F, G)||60/ 120||60 minutes|
|Paper-III (Only for Post Code-H )||120/ 120||90 minutes|
|Paper-IV (Only for Post Code-H )||4/ 120||90 minutes|
FCI Phase 2 – Paper 1 Exam Pattern
- Paper consists of 120 questions and each question carries one mark for a correct answer.
- All the questions will be multiple-choice questions with no negative marking.
FCI Phase 2 – Paper 2 Exam Pattern
- A total of 60 multiple choice questions will be asked each question carrying 2 marks.
- All the questions will be objective type (Multiple choice questions)
FCI Phase 2 – Paper 3 Exam Pattern
- The paper consists of 120 questions each carrying one mark.
- All the questions will be of objective type (MCQs).
FCI Phase 2 – Paper 4 Exam Pattern
- Paper 4 will be only for Manager (Hindi) post (post-code – H).
- The test will be of descriptive type.
- A total of 4 questions will be asked. Each question carries 30 marks and the total marks will be 120.
- The questions will be based on translation (English to Hindi and visa Versa), essay writing and precis writing.
FCI Selection Process
The FCI Selection Process consists of the following stages.
- Online Exam Phase 1
- Online Exam Phase 2
As per the FCI selection process candidates qualifying the FCI phase 1 cutoff will be eligible for FCi phase 2 online test. Followed by which candidates will then be called for interview based on their performance in online test phase 2. Lastly, candidates will have to undergo the training period which carried 10% of the weightage of marks for the final selection.
We have now provided you with the detailed FCI Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme. Make sure you go through the exam pattern and prepare the FCI study plan for the upcoming exam. You can also take FCI Mock Test at Onlinetyari which will help you in your FCI preparation.
We hope this article on FCI exam Pattern helps you. If you have any question feel free to post your comment below. We will get back to you at the earliest.