GATE 2017: Are you still thinking? Well, stop it! Yes, the online registration window for Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering is now open. Candidates interested in applying can now submit their GATE Application Form online through GOAPS. GATE 2017 is being organised by Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
A lot of aspirants must be surprised that the GATE 2017 Registration Window opened a day before scheduled date of application. We recommend you to read this article and get to know all the important details related GATE 2017 and then proceed to the final section which will help you in successfully submitting your GATE 2017 Application Form online.
GATE 2017: Introduction & What’s New
GATE i.e. Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering is a National Level Competitive Examination conducted every year. It is a competitive examination jointly regulated by 7 IITs and IISC on rotational basis, for providing admission to the post-graduate engineering courses like M.Tech, M.E offered by the IITs, NITs, other GFTI and various private institutions.
Those who qualify in GATE are open to admissions to Postgraduate Courses (Master’s and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships/ Assistantships in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science. The scores achieved in GATE Examination will also used by some PSUs for their recruitment process and the validity of GATE 2017 score is three years.
This year, GATE 2017 will also hold examinations for candidates in other countries such as, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and United Arab Emirates (UAE), making it an International Examination. Hence, GATE has transformed to a new level this year.
GATE Eligibility Criteria 2017
Candidates aspiring to appear for GATE 2017 Examination must possess one of the following given:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such program.
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Four-year integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such program.
- Five-year integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such program.
- Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc. /M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
- GATE candidates from Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and UAE should have completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Master’s degree in Science in a relevant subject or are in the final year of the program.
If a candidate fails the satisfy the eligibility criteria, he/ she cannot appear for the written examination for GATE 2017. If you do, let us move straight to the application section.
GATE 2017: How to Apply
GATE 2017 Examination for all the trades/ fields will be conducted online or Computer Based Test. The Online Registration Form or GATE Application Form will be submitted through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering Practice Papers
- GATE Computer Science Engineering Practice Papers
- GATE Mechanical Engineering Practice Papers
The Application Fees for GATE 2017 Examination will also be submitted online and can be done through Net Banking, Debit/ Credit card or e-Challan.
|GEN and OBC Male Candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|Female Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ ST/ PD Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
Steps to Submit your GATE 2017 Online Application Form through GOAPS
Step 1: The registration process is quite simple. You need to go straight to the online registration counter first and enter your basic information.
GATE 2017: Click here to Register as a New User
Step 2: Once you fill this registration form and click on submit, you will receive a unique Enrolment ID and Password for GATE 2017 through SMS and E-Mail.
Step 3: Now login with the Enrolment ID and Password through the following link: Click here
Step 4: An ‘Application Status’ Window will be prompted, click on Edit Application Form.
Step 5: Enter all the relevant information related to your preferred trade, country, examination centre preference and personal information.
Step 6: Proceed further and upload Photograph/ Signature/ Thumb Impression/ Eligibility Certificate/ PwD Certificate (wherever applicable). Make sure you limit the size and pixel resolution.
Step 7: Re-check all the entered information and Click on Submit and Proceed to Payment.
Step 8: Make Payment Online and Complete the Online Registration Procedure for GATE 2017. A confirmation mail will be sent via E-Mail to your registered account. Do make sure to save a printed copy of the same.
We hope these steps will help you guide through the online procedure. Here is the list of important dates which every GATE Aspirant must keep a strict note of.
|GATE 2017 Notification availability||August 2016|
GATE 2017 Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) opens for registration, application filling and submission
|1 September 2016|
|Closing date for online application submission||4 October 2016|
|Closing date for request for change of city||16 November 2016|
|Admit Card availability||5 January 2017|
|GATE 2017 Online Examination||4, 5, 11 and 12 February 2017|
|Announcement of Result||27 March 2017|