GIC Recruitment 2016: General Insurance Corporation of India has recently published an official notification for the recruitment of 20 Assistant Manager Scale I. Interested candidates can apply for Assistant Manager Post under various streams/ disciplines, like General, Insurance, Finance, Accounts, Engineering, Legal etc. Before you initiate the process of applying online, make sure you are familiar with GIC Re Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process, Job Vacancies and Educational Qualification required for each specialization.
Note: The Tentative Date for GIC Recruitment Examination for Assistant Manager Scale I has been set for 15 May 2016.
GIC Assistant Manager Vacancy 2016
The total number of job vacancies under GIC Recruitment 2016 for the post of Assistant Manager Scale I depends on the specific area of specialization.
|Stream/ Discipline||Number of Vacancies|
Number of vacancies and Number of Reserved Vacancies may increase or decrease, depending upon the actual vacancies at the time of final selection and availability of successful candidates.
The category-wise vacancy for GIC Assistant Manager Recruitment 2016 is as follows.
- General: 10
- SC: 3
- ST: 1
- OBC: 6
- PWD (HI/VI/OC): 1
Before you initiate the online application procedure for GIC Re Recruitment 2016, it is necessary to get understand the examination guidelines, eligibility criteria, required educational qualification and age limit for each post.
Eligibility Criteria for GIC Recruitment 2016
There are a certain set of rules and basic criteria which every GIC Re Aspirant has to fulfil in order to apply for the Assistant Manager Post. Since there are multiple streams under the post of Assistant Manager Scale I, the educational benchmark and work requirement will be different in each case.
Nationality: As per GIC Recruitment 2016 Notification, the applicant must be
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
This is applicable for all streams/ disciplines under GIC Re Recruitment 2016 for Assistant Manager Scale I Post.
Age Limit: The date of validation in this must be calculated as on 23 March 2016 (23.03.2016).
- Minimum age : 21 years
- Maximum age : 30 years
Candidate should have been born not earlier than 23.03.1985 and not later than 24.03.1996 both days inclusive. The Relaxation of Upper Age Limit has been set as per Government Norms.
- Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST): 5 Years
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 3 Years
- Persons With Disability (PWD): 10 Years
- Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-Servicemen: Actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled ExServicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 45 years.
- Widows, Divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried: 9 Years
- J&K Domicile: 5 Years
- Existing Confirmed Employees of Public Sector General Insurance Companies: 8 Years
Minimum Educational Qualification: The required qualification for each post alongwith professional experience is as follows.
For the post of GIC Assistant Manager (Insurance), the candidate must possess atleast a Graduate from a recognized college or university and the desirable Education Qualification would be Post Graduation in General Insurance/ Life Insurance/ AIII/ FIII.
For the post of GIC Assistant Manager (General), the candidate must possess atleast a Graduate from a recognized college or university and the desirable he desirable Education Qualification would be Post Graduation in Management/ Maths.
For the post of GIC Assistant Manager (Finance), the candidate must possess Bachelors Degree in Commerce from a recognized college or university and the desirable Education Qualification would be Chartered Accountant (CA)/ Cost Accountant(ICWAI)/ M.Com/ MBA.
For the post of GIC Assistant Manager (Mechanical Engineering), the candidate must possess Bachelors Degree in Engineering/ Technology (B.E./ B. Tech) from a good college with specialization in Mechanical Engineering.
For the post of GIC Assistant Manager (Aeronautical Engineering), the candidate must possess Bachelors Degree in Engineering/ Technology (B.E./ B. Tech) from a good college with specialization in Aeronautical Engineering.
For the post of GIC Assistant Manager (Legal), the candidate must possess Bachelors Degree in Law (LLB / B.L) from a recongized college and the desirable Education Qualification would be an LLM Degree with relevant years of experience.
One thing common with all GIC Assistant Manager Trades is, all require proficiency in computers. We hope that after reading this GIC Assistant Manager Eligibility Criteria, you are able to identify your status. If you are eligible for GIC Recruitment 2016, follow these instructions to submit your application online.
GIC Recruitment 2016: How to Apply
The application fee set for General Candidates is Rs. 500/-. No fee is required to be paid by candidates belonging to SC/ST, Physically Handicapped categories & employees of GIC and GIPSA Member Companies. The Fees can be paid through Debit Cards/ Credit Cards/ Internet Banking/ IMPS /Cash Cards /Mobile Wallets.
Note: Last Date to Apply for GIC Assistant Manager Recruitment is 11 April 2016 and the candidates can apply online only.
We also request all of you to keep scanned documents ready, like photographs, certificates and signature before you start GIC Application Process.
Steps to Submit GIC Re Application Form Online
- Log on to the website “www.gicofindia.com”.
- Click on the link “Careers”.
- Click on the following link begin: Apply Now
- Proceed towards filling the Application Form by going to “Click here for New Registration“
- Begin the registration process and complete all details.
- Fill all the details carefully & submit the form.
- Take printout of application for future use.
Keep the following dates in mind for GIC Recruitment 2016 for Assistant Manager Scale I.
|Starting Date to Apply Online & for Payment of Fee||23-03-2016|
|Last Date to Apply Online & for Payment of Fee||11-04-2016|
|Last Date for receipt of hard copy of Application||26-04-2016|
|Tentative Date of online Examination||15-05-2016|
The selection process involves a written examination followed by a Group Discussion and Interview. We will update you all more in our next blog.
You can put in your doubts and queries in the section below. For better response, post your Queries at OnlineTyari Community.