How to Attempt IBPS Clerk Examination: The IBPS Clerk CWE (Common Written Examination) is conducted every year by the Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection. The selection criteria is a 2 step process – Prelims and Mains. As we all know that IBPS Clerk Prelims are about to begin, many aspirants must be done with their revisions and some would be about to finish it off.
This article will be helpful for each and every candidate who is either still preparing or those who are done with their revisions. We have come up with a few tips and strategies on how to attempt IBPS Clerk Examination which can help in maximizing your exam score. But first, let us fully understand the exam pattern and marking scheme.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
Before heading on How to Attempt IBPS Clerk Examination: Do’s & Don’ts section, it is important to go through the exam pattern. The Preliminary Examination for IBPS CWE Clerk will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT) and the pattern will be Objective MCQ type. There will be 100 questions in total from 3 sections – English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability.
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Some of the essential details related to IBPS Clerk Prelims 2016 are as follows.
- The total number of questions will be 100.
- The Paper mode will be English/ Hindi.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- The total time to solve the entire paper is 60 minutes.
- There will be sectional and overall cutoff.
Without further ado, let’s have a look at our main section i.e How to attempt IBPS Clerk Examination 2016.
How to Attempt IBPS Clerk Examination 2016
In order to crack IBPS Clerk Prelims 2016, you need to develop a strategy instead of a study plan. Here are a few pointers which might help you. Let us start with the reasoning section
Ideal Time Spent: 20 minutes
Reasoning Ability in IBPS Clerk Prelims usually has questions ranging from easy to moderate, depending on your level of understanding. Questions are generally asked from these topics.
- Seating Arrangement
- Direction Test
- Blood Relations
- Data Sufficiency
A few pointers from this section would be-
- Focus more on Inequalities, Seating arrangement and Syllogism based Questions as one can score 4-5 marks collectively in a single go.
- You might require additional time for solving problems based on Blood Relations, Data Sufficiency etc.
Let us now head towards IBPS Clerk Prelims Numerical Ability Section.
Ideal Time Spent: 25 minutes
In IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability section, most questions range from easy to moderate level. You must tick right the ones you are confident about. Problems from Numerical Ability will be asked from these topics.
- Data Interpretation
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Time and Distance
Follow these points in order to maximize score in Numerical Ability section of IBPS Clerk Prelims 2016.
- DI consists of Bar Graphs, Pie Charts and Tables. If you are quick in calculations, do not skip this section. The questions are pretty straightforward.
- Simplification based questions should be the next target. Try and learn the values of commonly used approximations in advance.
- Avoid lengthy calculations. Much like every examination, you need to leverage calculation speed over time. Try learning a few shortcut tricks to calculate the solution faster.
Let us now head towards IBPS Clerk Prelims English Language Section.
Ideal Time Spent: 15 minutes
In IBPS Clerk English Language section, most questions range from easy to moderate level. You must tick correct the ones you are confident about.Here are the core subjects for English Language section.
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Spotting Error
- Odd One Out
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Improvement
Focus points for English Language Section will be
- Begin with Cloze Test. A passage consisting of 10 questions will be asked in IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam.
- Reading Comprehension can be time consuming. Try skimming and reading at a faster pace to avoid panic mode.
- Synonyms Antonyms and Sentence Improvement based questions should be solved right after Cloze Test. They can be solved pretty quickly provided you take them up early in exam.
After studying How to attempt IBPS Clerk Examination section wise along with their deciding factors, let us now try to formulate safest attempts needed to be in the safe zone. The safest Attempts for IBPS Clerk Prelims will be high this time in comparison to last year.
Hence if a candidate attempts the Examination with 80% accuracy then the safest number of attempts will be as follows:
|Section Name||Number of Attempts||Marks|
Hence based on the above factors, 69-73 will be the safest attempts with minimum 80% accuracy.
Without further ado, let’s have a look at our How to attempt IBPS Clerk Examination: Do’s and Don’ts section.
Do’s for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam
- Carry your Photo ID Proof in original along with its photocopy on your exam date.
- Download your call letter as soon as possible. It can be the possibility that IBPS site loads slow during the last days as it will generate huge traffic in these final days.
- Take your own pen and pencils to the examination hall, IBPS will not provide any stationery during exam.
- Affix your passport size photo on your call letter. The passport size photo should be signed across.
- During online Examination, start with the section which you think you have the best hold on.
- You can also try to attempt easy questions first and leave the difficult or time taking ones to save your precious time. Candidates have to meet the minimum sectional and overall cut off requirements to be eligible for the next round, so we advice you to attempt easy questions first to score high.
Dont’s for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam
- Don’t waste your time on difficult or time taking questions as one can score high by solving easy questions.
- Do not change your strategy at the last minute. If you’ve worked on your own strategy previously, do not stray away from it just for a few more marks. You need to focus on your strengths and manage to maximize your accuracy rather than attempts. Getting Correct Answers will definitely help in boosting your confidence.
- Most students start solving the paper with their favourite section and the biggest mistake they do is to keep on solving that section irrespective of time and end up losing time for the other sections.
- Do not get nervous if the difficulty level of exam is high. Remember, it will be challenging for everyone, not just you. IBPS will publish the cut off in accordance to the level of the examination.
So here will conclude our article on how to attempt IBPS Clerk Examination 2016. Keep these points in your mind to avoid problems during IBPS Clerk Prelims. These tips will open up all the doors to qualify IBPS Clerk Prelims and will help you to gain confidence.
We wish you All the Best for the upcoming examination and hope to see you right after the paper when we publish a detailed exam analysis of the written paper. Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best IBPS Clerk Exam Preparation App for free.