How to Attempt IBPS RRB 2016: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will conduct IBPS RRB Examination this week and the next for the post of Officer Assistant and Officer Scale-I, II, III. With a number of countable days left, it is apt to publish the final tips for both preparation and revision, which will help candidates understand how to attempt iBPS RRB 2016 Examination.
Please refer to our detailed study plans for both Assistant and Officer post to gain more insights.
To crack IBPS RRB 2016 Examination, candidates need to apply a focused strategy. In this article, we will help aspirants by providing some important tips and tricks on how to attempt IBPS RRB 2016 Examination for both posts.
How to Attempt IBPS RRB 2016
For IBPS CWE RRB 2016, there are 16000+ vacancies for the post of Office Assistant and Officer Scale I, II, III in various Public Sector Banks (PSBs). Most of the candidates have some common questions in their mind regarding the IBPS RRB Prelims:
- How to Attempt IBPS RRB Examination?
- What is the strategy to be applied?
- What are the Do’s and Dont’s for IBPS RRB 2016?
Please remember that the first level for IBPS RRB is preliminary and therefore your main focus here should be qualifying for Mains Examination. Hence, your exam strategy should be more about sustainability. Let us revisit the exam pattern once.
IBPS RRB Prelims Exam Pattern 2016
Similar to most bank examinations, the exam pattern for IBPS RRB Prelims 2016 will be objective MCQ based. There will be 2 sections – Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude, with 40 questions each.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
The most important details regarding IBPS RRB Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme for Prelims Examination are as follows.
- The Written Examination will be bilingual i.e. English/ Hindi.
- There will be 80 questions in total, 40 from each section.
- Each question will carry 1 mark. Hence, the total score will be 80.
- For every wrong attempt, 0.25 mark will be deducted.
- The total time will be 45 minutes.
Based on Previous Year Cutoff for IBPS RRB and current year’s competition, candidates need to aim for a good score in order to be eligible for mains examination.
So, without further ado, let us have a look at our Do’s and Dont’s section, which will help us understand the best technique on how to attempt IBPS RRB 2016 Examination.
Do’s for IBPS RRB 2016 Exam
- Carry your Photo ID Proof in original along with its photocopy on your exam date.
- Download your call letter before time. It can be the possibility that IBPS site loads slow during the last days as it will generate huge traffic in these final days.
- Take your own pen and pencils to the examination hall, IBPS will not provide any stationery during exam.
- Affix your passport size photo on your call letter. The passport size photo should be signed across.
- Move in-between sections during exams as it will help students to crack sectional cut off. Students have to attempt accordingly to save time and score more.
- Try to attempt easy questions first and leave the difficult or time taking ones to save your precious time. Candidates have to meet the minimum sectional and overall cut off requirements to be eligible for the next round, so we advice you to attempt easy questions first to score high.
- Try to solve grouped questions which come with 4-5 sub-questions as students can score 4-5 marks in one go.
Dont’s for IBPS RRB 2016 Exam
- Don’t waste your time on difficult or time taking questions as one can score high by solving easy questions. Candidates need to secure sectional cut off as well as overall cut off to move to the next round.
- Do not start preparing for a fresh or new topic during the last days.
- Do not waste time in guessing questions. Each mark matters In IBPS RRB Prelims 2016, Instead of wasting time in unfruitful guesses, one should try to mark the correct answers and avoid negative marking.
- Do not change your strategy at the last minute. If you’ve worked on your own strategy previously, do not stray away from it just for a few more marks. You need to focus on your strengths and manage to maximize your accuracy rather than attempts. Getting Correct Answers will definitely help in boosting your confidence.
- Most students start exam with their favourite section and the biggest mistake they do is to keep on solving that section irrespective of time and end up losing time for the other sections. So, one important thing students must keep in mind while attempting IBPS RRB Prelims 2016 Examination is to divide particular section in accordance with time.
- Do not get nervous if the difficulty level of exam is high. Remember, it will be challenging for all and the overall cutoff will vary accordingly.
So here will conclude our article on how to attempt IBPS RRB 2016 Prelims. Keep these points in your mind to avoid problems during the examination. These tips will open up all the doors to qualify IBPS RRB Prelims and will help you to gain confidence.
We wish you All the Best for the upcoming examination and hope to see you right after the paper when we publish a detailed exam analysis of the written paper.
Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS CWE RRB Recruitment 2016. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best IBPS RRB Exam Preparation App for free.