How to Attempt LIC AAO 2016: The Life Insurance of Corporation will be conducting LIC AAO 2016 this weekend i.e. 5th and 6th March. The recruitment examination will be conducted for selecting new candidates for 700 vacancies for the post of Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO). This article focuses primarily on how to attempt LIC AAO 2016 Examination in terms of exam strategy, preparation tips and section-wise exam insights. If you are someone who is confused regarding the upcoming LIC AAO Examination, maybe this article will help boosting your morale.
Before we provide our insights on How to Attempt LIC AAO 2016, we would like to enlist the exam pattern for the written examination.
As we elaborated in detail in our LIC Exam Pattern article, the written exam will be conducted online and the pattern will be objective.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
Some of the crucial points related to the exam pattern of LIC AAO 2016 are
- The total number of questions will be 160.
- The total marks in the written exam is 300.
- The total time allotted is 120 minutes (2 Hours).
- English is only qualifying in nature. Marks obtained in the English Section will not be considered in calculating the total score.
How to Attempt LIC AAO 2016
Turning our full concentration on how to attempt LIC AAO 2016, here are a few exam strategies and pointers to help you crack the written examination.
Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude
Both Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude combine to form 60% of LIC AAO Written Exam Weightage. Knowing how to attempt LIC AAO questions in an efficient way might be the tipping point here. Try to add these exam strategies and insights.
- Always start with your strong topics and complete them as this will motivate you as well as help in managing time.
- Don’t start any Question that seems new to you. Just leave it for now.
- Focus on Caselets like Sitting Arrangement, Complex Arrangement, Data Interpretation and Syllogism as they are having a common information for a set of 3-5 Questions. Solving the set sometimes becomes easy and increases your number of accurate attempts.
- If your calculation speed sucks, just avoid such questions in Quantitative Aptitude.
- Allot a little time for revision. It is highly important.
General Awareness & Computer Knowledge
Both sections have equal importance and weightage. You can improve your overall score monumentally, provided you know how to attempt LIC AAO questions on these topics.
- Try to go through all the Questions in One Go. Just give the sections a quick read.
- Mark the answers that you know exactly.
- Some Questions might be there where you feel that you are unsure, Mark them for Review. You can revisit them after you’ve taken care of other questions.
- Don’t focus much on any particular Questions as General Awareness and Computer are the sections in which you have to be patient in attempting as the accurate answer as it cannot be calculated or founded.
- Avoid all types of “guess work” in both sections. Some questions are designed here just for the purpose of confusing you. Avoid them.
Most LIC candidates get confused over this section. For the last time, it is only qualifying in nature. You only need to prove your Basic English Proficiency skill in this section.
- Don’t attempt all the Questions just try to attempt 50% Questions with Good Accuracy.
- Dedicate the Remaining Time to other sections as it will help in achieving a better score.
- Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases have specific answers. Select only if you are positive about them.
These exam strategies will guide you on how to attempt LIC AAO questions. Now, while attempting the written examination, here is a list of Do’s and Don’ts which you should integrate in your exam strategy in order to crack LIC AAO 2016.
Do’s and Don’ts while attempting LIC AAO 2016
- Do initiate solving questions in LIC AAO with a good strategy in mind.
- Do read questions properly, especially reasoning based.
- Do attempt questions which can be solved by inspection or elimination method.
- Do relax and stay calm while attempting LIC AAO questions.
- Do read the examination guidelines carefully.
- Do not procrastinate while attempting the written exam. Concentrate.
- Do not lay your entire focus on a particular section. There is sectional cut off in LIC AAO.
- Do not focus on increasing number of attempts. Accuracy matters.
- Do not select answers based on absolute guesswork. Just don’t.
- Do not finish the written exam without revising. There might a few corrections.
Also Read: LIC AAO Previous Years Cut Off
We conclude our How to Attempt LIC AAO 2016 article here. Do you have a similar exam strategy? Share with us in our comments section below.
Best Wishes to all LIC AAO candidates!