Crack IRDA Junior Officer Exam 2016: The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority will be conducted IRDA Junior Officer Exam on 27 February. This will be IRDA Prelims Exam. Hence, the major motive of this examination is shortlisting candidates for Phase II, which is, Descriptive Test. Since IRDA Exam is only a few days away, here are a few preparation tips and tricks to crack IRDA Junior Officer Exam 2016. But before you dive into reading IRDA Preparation Tips, it is advisable to once again understand the exam pattern for IRDA Jr. Officer Recruitment Exam.
Understanding IRDA Junior Officer Exam Pattern
As discussed earlier in our introductory blog on IRDA Recruitment 2016, the selection process is 3 Tier for the recruitment of Junior Officer.
- Phase I: Objective Examination (Qualifying)
- Phase II: Descriptive Examination (Mains)
- Phase III: Interview
First, candidates will face IRDA Prelims Exam. IRDA Jr. Officer Preliminary Exam will be an online examination of objective pattern. The exam is equally divided in 4 sections, which are, Reasoning, English, General Awareness and Quantitative Aptitude.
|Name of the Section||Questions||Marks|
Total Time: 100 Minutes
Marking Scheme: Similar to most recruitment exams, there will be negative marking for incorrect answers. The following method has been adopted by IRDA Prelims Exam.
- For right answer, 1 mark will be added to total score.
- For wrong answer, 0.25 mark will be deducted from total score.
We hope everyone is now familiar with the exam pattern of IRDA Jr Officer Exam. Now, we turn towards tips and tricks for cracking IRDA JO Exam (Phase 1).
Crack IRDA Exam: Preparation Tips and Tricks
We will go section by section and provide useful preparation tips and tricks and exam strategy. Please keep in mind that qualifying in Phase 1 Examination is essential for advancing to IRDA Phase II. Hence, give your best shot.
Section 1: Reasoning Ability – Tips to Solve IRDA Exam 2016
Reasoning Ability in IRDA Exam Prelims will be a test of your thinking and analytical prowess. You need to attempt this section with a pre-determined plan. Without building a proper exam strategy, you cannot solve questions based on Reasoning Ability. Here are a few preparation tips and tricks to solve reasoning ability questions in IRDA Jr. Officer Exam 2016.
- Initially, solve questions which are less time consuming. According to us, problems based on Coding-Decoding, Analogies and Direction Sense Test will be easy to solve.
- Problems based on Seating Arrangement or Puzzles should only be taken up if you are confident enough. They can be time consuming as well as confusing.
- Non-Verbal Questions will be of moderate to challenging difficulty level. Reserve time to solve these questions.
- Make sure you cover those topics which are your strengths.
- The options might be tricky. Avoid any sort of guess work in them.
The reasoning section is more about approach than calculation. Apply logic.
Recommended: IRDAI Jr Officer Mock Test Series (English)
Section 2: English Language – Tips to Solve IRDA Exam 2016
Unlike other recruitment exams, English Section in IRDA Phase 1 Paper is challenging. A lot of IRDA aspirants find this section dreadful. Although the exam syllabus is linear yet most questions are based around application of English Grammar. To crack IRDA English Section, follow this exam strategy.
- Analyse the entire English Section first. Try to find out those questions which can be solved by simple inspection.
- English Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Error Correction, Vocabulary and Synonyms & Antonyms will constitute the majority of this section. You need to work around these topics if you wish to score good.
- Revise popular synonyms and antonyms. They will improve your score and barely consume any time.
- Continue reading from various sources. Your vocabulary will keep on getting updated on its own.
- Solve previous years papers. You will get to know about the level of questions and the common type.
If you consider your English weak, try to atleast clear the sectional cutoff set by IRDA. You can level scores by making it up in other sections.
Recommended: IRDAI Jr Officer Mock Test Series (Hindi)
Section 3: General Awareness – Tips to Solve IRDA Exam 2016
General Awareness is a major score booster in IRDA Exam for Junior Officer Recruitment. A mix of static GK and current affairs will be prevalent in this section. Follow this exam strategy to crack IRDA Exam 2016.
- Give a quick read to the entire General Awareness section of IRDA Exam 2016.
- Major Emphasis is laid upon India and Neighbouring Nations. Try to get in touch with economic relations, policies and issues.
- Revise Current Affairs of atleast 3 months back. If you were inactive from the past 1 year, this strategy can still help you score a little better.
- Focus more on Static GK than Current Affairs.
- Avoid any sort of guess work in this section.
Try solving a few mock tests to fully understand your level of preparation.
Section 4: Quantitative Aptitude – Tips to Solve IRDA Exam 2016
The level of difficulty of the questions asked in Quantitative Aptitude is elementary to moderate. A number of questions will be based on simple application of mathematical formulae. This exam strategy might be helpful for you in solving problems.
- Number Systems, Time & Work, Mensuration and DI are most important. Make sure your ability of solving problems based on these is strong.
- Revise all mathematical formulas. You might lose a significant number of marks just because you didn’t remember a formula.
- Speed up calculations. Time and Work, Mensuration and Profit and Loss Questions might take up some time of yours.
- Learn Tables till 20, square roots and cube roots till 30 and the most common set of fraction to decimal conversions. These will be your time saving tactics.
- Data Interpretation Questions will require both speed and logic. Apply both.
A good score in this section will serve as a great confidence booster for IRDA Exam 2016.
We hope these IRDA preparation tips and tricks will help you secure a better score in the upcoming prelims exam. If you are worried about the exam day, just follow these simple steps.
How to attempt IRDA Junior Officer Exam 2016
- Read the Examination Guidelines carefully before you begin solving questions.
- Try to scan all the sections first.
- Start with the section you are most comfortable with. A good start will ensure a smooth ending.
- Do not waste excessive time on a single question. Remember, 160 questions will be present in the exam paper with only 100 minutes to solve!
- Each section is important. You cannot leave out any of the sections. Atleast aim at solving a minimum set of questions from the section you dread the most to clear cutoff.
- Try reverse engineering, if possible. There might be a few question where the answer can be deduced from the options.
- Devote time for revising. There can be a few silly mistakes which might be the difference between getting selected or rejected.
We wish you all the best for the upcoming IRDA Examination. If you still haven’t downloaded your admit card, click here.
Let us know your doubts and queries in the comments section below.