The SBI PO Prelims Result will be declared soon and the battle towards cracking Mains Examination should be started. As SBI PO Mains are nearing candidates will have lots of queries on How to Crack SBI PO Mains in the first attempt. Aspirants might have come up with the preparation plan also but everything depends upon time management and accurate attempts that can be framed under one roof for impeccable performance.
Here are the ultimate tips and tricks on clearing SBI PO Mains easily and moving to the final round, i.e. Interview process. Check the exam pattern, important topics and tips to crack SBI PO Mains.
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern
Candidates who clear the prelims exam will be allowed to appear for Main Exam. So it is important for candidates to know the exam pattern before starting their preparation.
The mains exam consists of an objective test for 200 marks and a descriptive test for 50 marks. SBI PO Mains objective test has 4 sections. The exam pattern for SBI PO Mains is shown below.
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern (Objective Test)
|Sections||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Total time duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern (Descriptive Test)
|Subject||No. of Questions|| |
|English Language – Letter Writing and Essay||2 Questions||50 Marks||30 Minutes|
SBI PO Syllabus of Mains Exam
Check the section-wise syllabus of the SBI PO Mains below and make a note of topics that you are familiar with.
SBI PO Mains Reasoning & Computer Aptitude Syllabus
Check the list of topics in Reasoning & Computer Aptitude section.
- Verbal Reasoning
- Circular Seating Arrangement
- Linear Seating Arrangement
- Double Lineup
- Blood Relations
- Directions and Distance
- Ordering and Ranking
- Code Inequalities
- Data Sufficiency
- Course of Action
- Critical Reasoning
- Analytical and Decision Making
- Computer Abbreviation
- Microsoft Office
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Software
- Operating System
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Computer Fundamentals/ Terminologies
- Number System
- Basic of Logic Gates
SBI PO Mains Data Analysis & Interpretation Syllabus
Check the list of topics for Data Analysis & Interpretation section.
- Tabular Graph
- Line Graph
- Bar Graph
- Charts & Tables
- Missing Case DI
- Radar Graph Caselet
- Data Sufficiency
- Let it Case DI
- Permutation and Combination
- Pie Charts
SBI PO Mains General Awareness Syllabus
This section mainly covers current affairs, banking and the economy. Check the list of topics below.
- Current Affairs – Technology, Sports, Awards, Books & Authors, Awards, National & International Events, etc.
- Principles of Insurance
- Financial Awareness
- General Knowledge
- Static Awareness
- Banking Terminologies Knowledge
- Banking Awareness
SBI PO Mains English Syllabus
The topics for the English Language section are as below.
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence Completion
- Para jumbles
- Paragraph Completion
- Multiple Meaning/ Error Spotting
- Parts of Speech
- Tenses Rules
SBI PO Mains Descriptive Test Syllabus
The descriptive test will have two sections, namely, Essay Writing and Letter Writing. Generally, business or official letters will be asked in the test and it will carry 25 marks. Essay topics related to the economy, society, culture, banking reforms or politics will be asked. The essay writing will carry 25 marks. This section carries a total of 50 marks and 30 minutes will be allotted to complete it.
By now candidates must be clear about the syllabus and exam pattern of SBI PO Mains. Now, let us move ahead and read tips on how to crack SBI PO Mains Recruitment Examination.
Tips to Crack SBI PO Mains
Read on to know the strategy that will be helpful in clearing the SBI PO mains Examination.
- Being a second phase of the Examination, level of Questions are expected to be high. So don’t expect Questions below Level II.
- Do not start new topics at the last minute because it will only waste time and lower your confidence. Concentrate on the topics that you have already covered and about which you are confident.
- Learn new topics at least a month before and revise them very often.
- Dedicate time in revision and try to apply time strategy by solving the question accurately.
- Try to implement Short tricks, Direct Formulas that can save your time especially in the case of Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Do not discuss or group study as it will bring anxiety. Every aspirant has a different strategy and comes up with different strengths. So don’t get moved away just believe in yourself.
- Go through the previous year exam analysis and set a range of marks /attempts so that there will be fewer chances of failure.
- Strategize topics wise in each section so that you should be aware of which topic is under a particular section.
- Basic knowledge of computers is a must to score more marks in Computer Aptitude section. Know the hardware/ software parts and learn the important topic.
- Read at least 6 to 8 months of newspapers, magazines, and watch the daily news. This will help you to score a good number in General Awareness section.
FAQs on How to Crack SBI PO Mains
|Q. When will be the SBI PO Mains 2021 conducted?|
A. The SBI PO Mains will be conducted in the upcoming months. Now it is time for candidates to start preparing for the mains exam.
|Q. How can I prepare for the SBI PO Mains in a short time?|
A. Go through the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly. Divide your time on each topic. Make a proper study plan and work on the well known and important topics. Revise very often and take mock tests to get real-time experience.
|Q. Is SBI PO Mains a tough nut to crack?|
A. No, if you have cleared SBI PO Prelims, SBI PO Mains is not a tough nut to crack. But candidates have to prepare well because SBI announces only a few seats, and the cut-off is usually high.
|SBI PO Mains Last Minute Preparation Tips||How to Crack SBI PO in First Attempt|
|SBI PO Preparation Tips||SBI PO Books|
|SBI PO Study Material||SBI PO Question Papers|
|SBI PO Exam Pattern||SBI PO Exam Date|
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.