How to Crack SBI PO Mains 2016: The Prelims Result for SBI PO 2016 was declared a few days back and the battle towards cracking Mains Examination is underway. SBI PO Mains Examination 2016 is just a week away and we are seeing a number of queries from the aspirant’s side. The aspirants might have come up with the preparation plan but everything now depends upon time management and accurate attempts that can be added up under one roof as impeccable performance.
Here are a tips and tricks on how to crack SBI PO Mains Examination and move to the final round, which is the Interview Round. But first, let us have a final look at the new exam pattern for SBI PO Mains 2016.
Revisiting SBI PO Mains New Exam Pattern
Previously, the total time for solving objective paper of SBI PO Exam was 2 Hours. But, as per the new exam pattern, the total time for SBI PO Mains has been extended to 3 Hours.
Recommended: SBI PO Mains Mock Test Series 2016
The total number of questions and the marks carried by each section in SBI PO Mains is as follows.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
|Reasoning and Computer Knowledge||45||60|
|Data Interpretation and Analysis||35||60|
|General Awareness (Economy/ Banking)||40||40|
Hence, the SBI PO Mains 2016 will consist of 155 questions carrying 200 marks in total. The new introduction for SBI PO 2016 was there will also be sectional limit on each of the sectional objective paper. The exam will be conducted online and each section has a timer.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Time Allotted|
|Reasoning and Computer Knowledge||45||60 Minutes|
|Data Interpretation and Analysis||35||45 Minutes|
|General Awareness (Economy/ Banking)||40||35 Minutes|
|English Language||35||40 Minutes|
After the 3 Hour Paper, an SBI PO Aspirant also has to attempt a descriptive paper online. The Descriptive Paper will be a Test of your writing skills, particularly Letter Writing & Essay. The total time for solving descriptive paper is 30 minutes and it carries 25 marks.
To sum up, the most important things to remember regarding the change in exam pattern of SBI PO 2016 are
- There will be 2 Written Papers – Prelims and Mains
- The Exam Pattern for SBI PO Prelims remains unchanged. 100 Objective Questions based on Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English with 1 Hour Total Time to solve.
- SBI PO Prelims 2016 is only qualifying in nature. Hence, marks secured in Prelims will not be considered while creating final merit list.
- SBI PO Mains 2016 will consist of objective and subjective papers, where the objective papers will carry 200 marks and descriptive will carry 25 marks.
- Time allotted to solve objective paper will be 3 Hours and a total time of 30 minutes will be allotted to descriptive paper.
- Both type of papers for SBI PO 2016 Mains will be conducted online.
We hope you’ve been informed about SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern by now. Let us move ahead and read tips and tricks on how to crack SBI PO Mains Recruitment Examination.
Tips to Crack SBI PO Mains 2016
In this post we will mention about the procedure or Strategy that might be helpful in getting selected in PO mains Examination.
- Being a second phase of the Examination, level of Questions are expected to be high. So don’t expect Questions below Level II.
- It’s not the correct time to start new topics. Concentrate on the topics that you have already covered and about which you are confident. Concrete thing that you consider among your strengths but Trying to learn new topics at this time will only waste time and lower your confidence.
- Dedicate time in revision as per the below mentioned time strategy.
- Time management will not play the role in this case as time window is the newest implication of SBI officials in order to maintain the normalization. The only way to get selected this time is “Maximize Accurate Attempts” Decrease the number of Guesses so that you didn’t lose marks in mere feeling it as familiar.
- Try to implement Short tricks, Direct Formulas that can save your time specially in case of Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Don’t discuss or group study as it will bring anxiety. Every aspirant has different strategy and come up with different strengths. So don’t get moved away just believe in yourself.
- Read previous year exam analysis and set a range of marks /attempts so that we can decrease our failure chances.
- Strategize topics wise in each section so that you should be aware of which topic under a particular section to start.
From what we can deduce, in order to score better in SBI PO Mains, the ideal score would be following.
Ideal Attempt for SBI PO Mains 2016
|Category||SBI PO Mains (Target Score)||Good Attempts|
Descriptive Paper will also contribute target to secure 20+ that will make you eligible to Qualify for the Interview.
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.