How to Prepare for English Language for RBI Grade B 2016: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) recently released the official notification regrading the recruitment of RBI Grade B Officers for the year 2016. The official information regarding the admit card for the exam will be available soon. Every year lakhs of aspirants apply for the position of Grade B officers.
The phase I examination of RBI grade B consists of 4 sections. We have already covered the general awareness section in our previous article. In this article, we will be focusing on how to prepare for English Language for RBI grade B Exam. But first, let us understand the importance for the particular section.
How to Prepare for English Language for RBI Grade B 2016
The Phase I Examination is an Objective Examination of 200 Questions divided into 4 sections i.e. General Awareness, Reasoning, English and Quantitative Aptitude. The exam pattern for RBI grade B phase I examination is given below:
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
The English Language section of RBI grade B phase 1 examination consists of 30 questions carrying 1 mark each. The question paper will have Objective MCQ based questions set in both English and Hindi languages. For a complete information regarding the RBI grade B exam pattern, follow the link.
Before heading to our next section of how to prepare for English, have a look at the analysis of previous year’s papers.
Analysis of Questions from Previous Year’s Papers
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Parajumbles (7 statements)||5|
If you set a target of securing 20+ marks in the English Language section, you can easily boost your overall score. This means that an aspirant should attempt at least 24-25 questions with accuracy. Now, lets head to the tips & tricks and Exam strategy of how to prepare for English for RBI grade B exam.
Preparation Tips and Strategy for RBI Grade B English Language Section
All those who are proficient in the English Language find this section to be very scoring and indeed it is. However, some of them fail to get the desired result due to lack of practice and over confidence. Each section of the RBI grade B is equally important and no subject can be taken lightly.
Candidates who are weak in English, must start focusing on the grammar rules. Grammar plays a huge role in all the topics of English Language section. In order to excel in this particular section, solve cloze test questions first and then move to the topic of reading comprehension.
Recommended: RBI Grade B Previous Solved Papers
Reading Comprehension is usually very lengthy. So, you can attempt 3-4 Synonym and Antonym Questions that are asked with reference to the passage given.
Para jumbles is always considered as the most difficult section of English. So, you need to practice more and more of these questions during your preparation. All in all, you need to be well aware with the English Vocabulary to solve most of the topics. Head over to the next section of how to prepare for English for a few handy tips.
Preparation Tips for English Language Section
Here are a few tips that will help you in your preparation for English Language section for RBI grade B exam.
- Go through previous year’s questions papers to get a gist of the pattern of questions asked. Solve at least two years question papers particularly of 2014 and 2015.
- Work on your vocabulary as it helps in solving one word substitution and sentence correction questions.
- Read news paper daily. This is the best habit you can adopt that will help you in your preparation for various competitive exams.
- Dedicate time for each topic one by one and keep switching topics as well so that you don’t get bored with one subject.
- Use 1 hour daily for mugging up antonyms, Synonyms, One word substitution, Analogy etc.
- Read Grammar Basics, this will help you in overcoming silly mistakes. It will be beneficial in long run as well.
- Solve at least 1 mock test everyday and also set a timer to ensure proper time management. The more you practice, the better your score.
- Lastly, Revise whatever you learn throughout the week.
We hope this article provides you with useful information on how to prepare for English Language for RBI grade B Recruitment Exam.