How to Prepare for Reasoning Ability for RBI Grade B 2016: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released the official notification regarding the RBI Grade B Officer Recruitment 2016. Every year, lakhs of aspirants apply for different banking jobs across the country. This year, RBI Grade B exam is tentatively scheduled for 4 September 2016.
Since the phase I examination of RBI grade B is only a month away, candidates must start the preparation. In this article, we will be guiding RBI grade B candidates on how to prepare for reasoning ability section in RBI grade B recruitment exam. But first, let us understand the importance for the particular section.
How to Prepare for Reasoning Ability for RBI Grade B 2016
The RBI grade B examination consists of a 3 tier process: Phase I examination, Phase II examination and Interview. Candidates need to qualify at each level in order to move to the next one. The exam pattern for RBI grade B phase I examination is given below:
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
In reasoning ability, there are a total of 60 questions carrying 1 mark each. The question paper will have Objective MCQ based questions set in both English and Hindi languages. For a complete information regarding the RBI grade B exam pattern, follow the link.
Recommended: RBI Grade B Previous Solved Papers
Before heading to our next section of how to prepare for Reasoning Ability, have a look at the analysis of previous year’s papers.
Analysis of Questions from Previous Year’s Papers
|Topic||Number of Questions||Level of Difficulty|
|Seating Arrangement (Circular and Inward Outward) Relation based||5||Difficult|
|Logical / Analytical Reasoning||10||Difficult|
From the above data, we can conclude that most of the topics of Reasoning Ability were difficult in nature. Thus, you should prepare extensively for this particular section. Now, lets head to the tips & tricks and Exam strategy of how to prepare for reasoning ability for RBI grade B exam.
Preparation Tips and Strategy for RBI Grade B Reasoning Ability
If we analyze deeply, one requires around 30-40 minutes to solve the reasoning ability section. The best strategy for reasoning ability is to start with easy questions first. Never start with puzzles, complex arrangements or any other mind-boggling topics.
Easy Difficulty Questions
These are easy to solve and less time consuming Questions.You can easily solve these questions through common sense and practical knowledge.
- Blood relation
- Coding –Decoding
- Data Sufficiency
- Direction Based Test
High Difficulty Questions
These questions require a high level of logical understanding and practice.
- Sitting Arrangement
- Complex Arrangement
- High Level Reasoning like Derivation of Conclusion, Assumption, Inference etc.
Once you are able to sort out the priority topics from reasoning section, your task becomes easier. Following the above information, you should make out which topic needs your constant attention. Now, lets head to the tips & tricks and Exam strategy of how to prepare for Reasoning Ability for RBI grade B exam.
Important Tips for Reasoning Ability Preparation
Here are a few tips that will help you in your preparation for Reasoning Ability section for RBI grade B exam.
- Start preparing topic by topic and then make yourself clear with Questions under Reasoning that is among your strength. Segregate the topics which you are weak in and practice those every day.
- Don’t try to cover everything included in syllabus. Just focus on the important topics which carry a high weightage of marks.
- Focus on accuracy and speed. Solve various mock tests available online by setting a timer for yourself. This practice is the most beneficial one and guarantees proper time management.
- Learn the basics by studying from reference books. Read and understand the basics behind each topic. This way you will be able to grasp the concepts which will help you in solving the questions easily.
- Solve previous year’s question papers to understand the pattern of questions which are asked in the exam.
- Lastly, do not forget to revise the topics which you have learned throughout the week.
We hope this article provides you with useful information on how to prepare for Reasoning Ability for RBI grade B Recruitment Exam.