How to Prepare for SBI PO Mains General Awareness Section 2017: State Bank of India will be conducting its second round of recruitment process i.e SBI PO Mains 2017 in a few days.
We are providing some crucial tips and tricks to be followed to prepare for SBI PO Mains General Awareness section efficiently. In this article, we will cover all the information related to SBI PO Mains General Awareness preparation.
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern
SBI PO Mains exam will contain 4 sections namely Reasoning & Computer Knowledge, English Language, Data Analysis & Interpretation and General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness. Each section will have a separate time window.
|Name of the Section||Questions||Marks||Time Slot
|Reasoning & Computer Knowledge||45||60||60|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45|
As we can see from the above table, a total number of 40 questions will be asked from General/Economy/Banking Awareness section. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
Are You Prepared for SBI PO General Awareness?
The General Awareness Section plays a very important role, mostly due to the fact that it is very scoring. For a well prepared Banking candidate, it will take less than 2 seconds to answer the questions in written examination.
Here are some important topics which can help you ace in exams:
- Current Affairs
- General/ Economic/ Banking Awareness
- Static Affairs
These topics are expected to cover a major chunk of SBI PO Mains General Awareness Section 2017. Precise information can be viewed from the below-mentioned pie chart:
In the next section, we are highlighting some tips for SBI PO General Awareness subject questions.
SBI PO Mains General Awareness Section Preparation Tips
To improve your chances of qualifying in SBI PO Mains Examination, go through these preparation tips for SBI PO Mains Preparation for General Awareness Section.
- Solve the Previous Year’s Question Paper of SBI PO as it helps one to know the type of questions asked and their difficulty level.
- Try mock test papers and practice all the questions for gaining perfection in attempts.
- It is important to analyze each and every practice or mock test you appear for. It helps in giving you a rough idea of your level of preparation for the exam and apply strategy accordingly.
- Read at least one newspaper daily, as it will help in both GK and English Sectional Preparation.
- Follow at least one site for Daily Updates on GK and Current affairs.
- It has been always observed that the same previous year questions have been asked in different types. Hence, solving previous years question paper would prove beneficial.
- Try to dedicate some time for revising what you’ve learnt. It is the most crucial tip anyone can give