How to Prepare for SSC CPO English Language Section 2018: The Staff Selection Commission will conduct the written exam for SSC SI/ ASI Recruitment in the month of June. Candidates develop ample of questions in their minds when it comes to exam preparation.
To help them, we are providing some crucial tips and tricks to be followed to prepare SSC CPO English Language Section. But first, let us provide you a brief view of the exam pattern.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2018
The Tier 1 Paper for SSC CPO 2018 Examination will be an online computer-based test (CBT). The written paper will consist of 200 questions, each carrying 1 mark. There will be 4 sections in total.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
The exam pattern for SSC CPO Examination is pretty straight-forward but lets us see how we can crack this recruitment examination in the most efficient manner.
How to Prepare for SSC CPO English Language section
Just like our previous article on reasoning ability, this article on ‘How to prepare for SSC CPO English’ focuses primarily on how we can help SSC aspirants in identifying best preparation tips and techniques which help them in cracking SSC CPO Exam.
Each aspirant must be able to answer the following questions after they’ve read this article on How to Prepare for SSC CPO English Language Section. So, without any further build-up, this our take on How to Prepare for SSC CPO English Language 2018.
Focus on High-Scoring Topics
The English Section of most bank exams like SSC CPO is primarily focused on Reading Comprehension and Grammar. Hence, you need to extremely good at solving problems based on these.
You should begin with English Grammar. This is something you’ve been learning since your preschool days and yet, somehow, you don’t really know it at a professional level. Change that and go hit those basic books on English Grammar and start with simple exercises to understand where you can improve.
Regular Practice, Constant Reading from various sources and progress report will help you understand your scale of improvement.
Tips to solve Reading Comprehension Questions
For Reading Comprehension Questions in SSC CPO Clerk English Language Section, here are a few preparation tips.
- Vocabulary in Context: Meaning of a word in a given context. One may not go through the passage entirely if one knows the meaning of the word. Tone and flow of the passage, option elimination etc. are to be kept in mind while solving questions based on vocabulary in RCs.
- Direct Information based problems: One needs to go through the questions first and then start skimming through the passage to find the most relevant answer.
- Inference based problems: One needs to read and process the information provided in the passage thoroughly to answer these problems.
If by any chance, you are still finding these questions hard to solve, do not spend excess time. Rather invest your time and energy towards other topics.
Solve Error Spotting and Fill in the Blanks based Questions
Both Spotting the Error and Fill in the Blanks are essential topics and carry 5 questions each in SSC CPO English Language section in Prelims Examination.
- For Spotting the Error, one should also be good with Subject-Verb agreement, Nouns, Pronouns, Adjective and Parts of Speech.
- For Fill in the Blanks, Grammar and Vocabulary are again very important and it is also advisable to get your synonym and antonym knowledge straight.
Do keep track of those ‘silly’ mistakes you make while solving questions based on both topics as they can help you in the actual paper. Don’t commit these mistakes in the actual SSC CPO Exam!
Enhance your SSC preparation with the below given Mock Tests:
- Inculcate Eclectic Reading in your routine. Reading from various sources like textbooks, novels, blogs etc. helps in building a versatile vocabulary.
- Maintain a separate notebook. Whenever you come across an essential/ important/ new word, make sure you enter this in your notebook for future use.
- Understand Word Usage from Dictionary. Since there is literally an infinite number of words, it is advisable to learn the usage of words from the dictionary based on alphabet breakdown and combination.
- Try and build sentences using Synonyms and Antonyms. It is considered a better learning exercise to introduce various synonyms and antonyms in your daily vocabulary for faster learning.
- Mug up the most commonly used Synonyms and Antonyms. Based on previous years papers and other bank exams, you can make a list of most commonly used words and learn them by heart.
These crucial tips on how to prepare for English section will help candidates to perform well and score good in the upcoming recruitment examination. Click here to check out our free SSC CPO packages.