How to Prepare for SSC CPO Reasoning and General Intelligence 2018: The Staff Selection Commission will conduct the written exam for SSC SI/ ASI Recruitment in the month of June. Candidates develop ample of questions in their minds when it comes to exam preparation.
To help them, we are providing some crucial tips and tricks to be followed to prepare for SSC CPO Reasoning and General Intelligence. But first, let us provide you a brief view of the exam pattern.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2018
The Tier 1 Paper for SSC CPO 2018 Examination will be an online computer-based test (CBT). The written paper will consist of 200 questions, each carrying 1 mark. There will be 4 sections in total.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
What are the Important Topics for SSC CPO Reasoning/ General Intelligence Section?
The total time to solve the paper will be 120 minutes. So, there will be an overwhelming number of questions to attempt in a very limited time space. It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type.
- Similarities and differences
- Space visualization
- Spatial orientation
- Decision making
- Visual memory
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning and figural classification
- Non-verbal series
- Statement conclusion
SSC CPO Reasoning/ General Intelligence Section: Topics-Wise tips
Questions based on Reasoning Ability are fun to solve, provided you really know and understand the problem. Here we are giving you some important topics out of these which will surely help you prepare for SSC CPO Reasoning & maximize your score:
- In questions based on Analogy, a particular relationship is given and another similar relationship has to be identified from the alternatives given.
- The Analogy Reasoning Questions are both verbal as well as non-verbal.However, there is a very less chance that will contain Non-verbal analogy questions. In verbal questions, a relationship is given and you have to find out the similar relationship from the given alternatives.
- Coding and Decoding carry significant weightage in bank exams.
- To solve questions based on Coding and Decoding you need to observe alphabets or numbers given in the question. The more prepared you are, the better will be your score.
- In decision-making questions, select the option that maximizes the benefit for the majority. Do not give personal judgement.
- It is a common tendency of students to adopt an approach based on your own value system. Generally 2 to 3 questions are asked from this section.
Questions based on syllogism are totally based upon Logic. To ensure a better score in this section, you can use the following techniques.
- Venn Diagrams are the best and the quickest way to solve such type of questions easily. However, sometimes a questions can have a lot of Venn diagrams.
- In this case, one should draw the easiest figure in order to solve the question in the minimum amount of time.
- Practice as much as you can to understand the various types of Syllogism Questions.
Blood relation topic is fun to solve. Just try to apply the question on your family and follow the structure of the question, you will definitely get the answer in less time. This topic question can be manipulated in some other form too.
Statement- Assumptions, Statement-Conclusion, Statement- Arguments, Statement- Courses of Action – you may get one or two problems from these.
Miscellaneous and other topics
Other topics include coding-decoding, direction sense, alphanumeric series, ranking/Alphabet Test, data sufficiency etc. The only way to excel in these topics is to practice as many times as you can, as we all know that Practice makes the man perfect.
Tips & Tricks
- Try to align your preparation with the exam pattern for Reasoning Section in the upcoming Recruitment Exam. This will help candidate to attempt SSC CPO Reasoning section in better ways.
- Give mock tests regularly. Mock test helps in a way that a candidate get prepared better for the upcoming exam.
Enhance your SSC CPO preparation with the below given Mock Tests:
- Revise sample papers and Previous year Exams. This will help you to gain an insight into the pattern.
- Read Question Twice in order to understand it correctly with no scope of mistake in interpretation of meaning.
- You need to solve previous years Exam Papers first and your objectives should be as follows.
- Understand which topics were prominent in SSC CPO recruitment Examination?
- Were the questions easy, moderate or difficult to solve?
- How much time you were able to dedicate to each section?
- What was your correct/ incorrect ratio while attempting?
- Analyze Your Performance and re-evaluate regularly to work on errors and doubts.
These crucial tips on how to prepare for Reasoning and Numerical Ability section will help candidates to perform well and score well in the upcoming recruitment examination.