How to Prepare for UGC NET Commerce Subject: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) announces holding of the National Eligibility Test (NET) for the post of Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship in Indian universities and colleges. CBSE is going to conduct NET exam on behalf of UGC in the month of November.
Most of the UGC NET aspirants must be busy with their preparation. This article will help candidates to prepare for the upcoming examination. Let us help candidates in finding the solution of the common question in commerce students’ mind i.e How to prepare for UGC NET Commerce subject. The subject code for UGC NET Commerce subject is 08. Let us start with the UGC NET exam pattern.
UGC NET Commerce Subject Exam Pattern
Exam pattern is the necessary thing to start up preparation process. A candidate initiates his/her strategy accordingly as exam pattern helps him/her to know about the structure of the test. Let us go through the UGC NET Commerce Subject Exam Pattern of Paper I, Paper II and Paper III.
|Paper/ Session||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|I||100||60||1¼ Hours (09:30 A.M. to
|II||100||50||1¼ Hours (11:15 A.M. to
|III||150||75||2½ Hours (02:00 P.M. to
- Paper-1 will cover 60 questions of 100 marks.
- Paper-2 will cover 50 questions of 100 Marks.
- Paper-3 will cover 75 questions of 150 Marks.
All the three paper will be held on a single day i.e on 5th November 2017. Paper I will be common for all candidates whereas Paper II and Paper III will cover questions on the concerned subject.
To read the whole syllabus and sample questions of Paper II and Paper III for UGC NET Commerce Subject, refer to the link- http://www.ugc.ac.in/net/syllabuspdf/08.pdf
UGC NET Commerce Important Topics
Given below is a list of some important selected topics for UGC NET Commerce subject which help candidates in covering syllabus of Paper II and Paper III.
Important Topics for Commerce Paper II
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing management
- Financial and Management accounting
- Business Statistics and Data Processing
- Banking and Financial Institution
Try to align yourself with these important topics to get a hold over UGC NET Commerce Subject Paper II.
Important Topics for Commerce Paper III
- Business Environment
- Accounting and Finance
- International Business
- Income– Tax Law and Tax Planning
- Human Resource Management
These are some important topics for UGC NET Commerce subject Paper III. Candidates need to focus on these topics for better results.
Let us now highlight some important reading material and topic source for UGC NET Commerce Paper II and Paper III.
Reading Material and Preparation Source
- Financial Accounting: JR Monga & DS Rawat (For Accounting Standards) OR Material of CA PCC
- Cost Accounting: Maheswari & Mittal plus
- Taxation: Girish Ahuja
- Auditing: Aruna Jha
- Financial Management: RP Rastogi
- Financial Markets and Institution: Indian Financial system by Bharati V Pathak
- Industrial Relation: Mamoria, Singh & Chabra, Monappa
- Fundamentals of Management Accounting: Anthony and Welsch
- Company Commerce: N.D Kapoor
- Marketing: Kotler
- Human resource and personnel management: Ashwathappa
- Statistics: Complete business statistics: Aczel−Sounderpandian
- IGNOU booklets
Go through these books to enhance your problem-solving skills and clear all doubts regarding How to Prepare for UGC NET Commerce Subject.
Let us now move to the heart of this article i.e How to Prepare for UGC NET Commerce: Important Tips.
UGC NET Commerce Paper: Important Tips
It is time to list up some important tips for How to prepare UGC NET Commerce Section. Going through these crucial tips will guide you in a right direction.
- Practice previous 10-15 year question papers frequently to get familiar with the exam structure.
- Candidate must practice hard to gain fundamental as well as advanced knowledge of UGC NET Commerce subject.
- Make a habit of revising important topics daily.
- Maintain a proper time limit.
- Put more efforts in your weak points and concentrate on those topics where you are lacking.
- Be generous in using the internet for topics you are not clear about. Take the help of books and internet to eradicate doubts.
- Write down important data on a rough paper or as a note and keep revising that frequently.
Candidates are requested to follow these tips in UGC NET Commerce Subject preparation to strengthen your chance of getting shortlisted. UGC NET Commerce Question paper is expected to be complex and thorough in nature. Hence candidates are advised to follow these tips and prepare accordingly. Here we conclude our article on How to Prepare for UGC NET Commerce Subject.
Stay connected for more information regarding CBSE UGC NET 2017. To excel in Teaching Exams, download the Best Teaching Exam Preparation App for free.