How to Prepare for UGC NET Geography Subject: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting the National Eligibility Test (NET) on behalf of the University Grants Commission(UGC). CBSE will be conducting UGC NET exam in the month of November.
UGC NET recruitment exam will contain 3 papers. All the three papers will comprise MCQ objective type questions and will held on same day in three separate sessions. The subject code for UGC NET Geography subject exam is 80. Let us now elaborate our topic- How to Prepare for UGC NET Geography Subject.
UGC NET Geography Exam Pattern
Before posting important topics and tips on how to prepare for UGC NET Geography subject, it is necessary to go through the UGC NET Geography Exam Pattern. UGC NET Paper I will be common for all candidates. Paper II and Paper III will comprise questions on your concerned subject. Let us look at the following exam pattern-
|Paper/ Session||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|I||100||60||1¼ Hours (09:30 A.M. to
|II||100||50||1¼ Hours (11:15 A.M. to
|III||150||75||2½ Hours (02:00 P.M. to
- Paper-1 will cover 60 objective type questions carrying 100 marks.
- Paper-2 will cover 50 objective type questions (multiple Choice, matching type, Assertion-reason, Statement Conclusion Questions) carrying 100 Marks.
- Paper-3 will cover 75 objective type questions (multiple Choice, matching type, Assertion-reason type, Statement Conclusion) carrying 150 Marks.
To read the whole syllabus of Paper-2 and Paper-3 for UGC NET Geography subject, refer to the link http://www.ugc.ac.in/net/syllabuspdf/80.pdf
UGC NET Geography Important Topics
Below is a list of important topics for UGC NET Geography subject which will help candidates in covering syllabus of Paper II and Paper III. These topics will help aspirants in getting answer to the most common question i.e How to Prepare for UGC NET Geography Subject.
Important Topics for Geography Paper II
- Geographical thoughts
- Population geography
- Economic Geography
- Geography of India
These are some important topics for UGC NET Geography subject. Candidates need to focus on these topics for better results.
Important Topics for Geography Paper III
- History of Geographic thoughts
- Indian Geography
- Economic Geography
- Regional Planning
The above listed topics are crucial for UGC NET Geography Paper III. Make a separate list of these topics and prepare them thoroughly to score more.
Let us now highlight some important reading material and books for UGC NET Geography Paper II and Paper III.
Preparation Books for UGC NET Geography
- Physical Geography by Strahler and Strahler
- Principles of Geomorphology by W.D. Thornbury
- Physical Geography- Made Simple, Rupa Publisher
- Physical Geography in Diagrams by Bunnett
- Physical Geography by Savindra Singh
- Geomorphology by Savindra Singh
- Climatology by D.S.Lal
- General Climatology by Critchfield
- Oceanography by Sharma and Vatal, NCERT
- Economic Geography by Hertshorn and Alexander
- Economic and Social Geography- Made Simple by Rupa Publisher
- Agricultural Geography by Masjid Husain
- Human Geography by Majid Husain
- Urbanization and Urban Systems in India by Ramachandran
- Economic and Social Geography- Made Simple, Rupa Publishers
- A Geography by Population by R.C. Chandna
- Regional Planning: Regional Planning- by Chand and Puri
- Geography of India- Majid Husain
- Economical and Commercial Geography of India by C.B. Mamoria
- Economical and Commercial Geography of India by Sharma and Coutinho
UGC NET Geography Subject: Tips to Remember
- Understand the paper pattern thoroughly.
- Follow a methodical studying pattern for maximum benefits.
- Prepare a study schedule including as many varied topics as you can and study accordingly.
- Study basic concepts in mass communication for the communication topic.
- 5 questions will definitely come from each topic. Hence, aspirants need to focus on every topic.
- Analyse the attempted sample/mock test soon after its completion to identify and improve your weak areas.
- Practice as much as you can. Practice will help you to attain a clear picture of the concepts involved.
- Don’t lose your confidence. Be confident that you can clear the Exams.
These were some crucial tips for overall good performance in UGC NET Geography Paper II and Paper III. Try to structure your preparation strategy using these golden tips.
Here we conclude our article on How to Prepare for UGC NET Geography Subject. Stay connected for more information regarding CBSE UGC NET 2017. To excel in Teaching Exams, download the Best Teaching Exam Preparation App for free.