How to Prepare for RBI Grade B English Language Section 2017: The Reserve Bank of India, also known as RBI, has officially released 161 vacancies for the post of Officer Grade ‘B’ in various departments. This year, RBI Grade B examination process will commence in the month of June. The written examination will be held throughout the country at various exam centres in an online Computer-Based Test (CBT) format.
As the exam is nearly a few days away, it is time for the candidates to start the preparation. In order to secure good marks and qualify in RBI Grade B 2017, here is a proper study plan on how to crack RBI Grade B English Language section.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2017
Selection will be through Online Examinations and interview. Examinations will be held in two phases. Given below is the exam pattern of Phase-I
The Pattern of the Phase-I examination is as follows:
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
- The Phase-I Online Test will carry 200 marks.
- All the questions in the test will be objective type.
- Candidates have to secure minimum marks separately for each test as well as in aggregate, as may be prescribed by the Board.
Candidates, who secure minimum marks separately for each test, as prescribed, will be shortlisted for Phase-II of the examination based on the aggregate marks obtained in Phase-I.
How to Prepare for RBI Grade B English Language Section 2017
Most RBI candidates are able to secure good marks in this section but there is a significant number which find RBI Grade B English Language Section confusing.
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Single/ Double Fillers||5|
|Parajumbles (7 statements)||5|
|Spotting the Error/ Phrase Replacement||5|
If you set a target of securing 20+ marks in the English Language section, you can easily boost your overall score.
This means that an aspirant should attempt at least 24-25 questions with accuracy. Here we are giving you some important topics out of these which will surely help you maximize your score:
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test (New and Old Pattern)
- Parajumbles (New and Old Pattern)
- Spotting Errors (New and Old Pattern)
- Sentence Improvement
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Exclusion
- Compound Sentences
Preparation Tips for RBI Grade B English Language
Here are a few tips that will help you in your preparation for English Language section for RBI grade B exam.
- Go through previous year’s questions papers to get a gist of the pattern of questions asked. Solve at least two years question papers particularly of 2014 and 2015.
- Work on your vocabulary as it helps in solving one word substitution and sentence correction questions.
- Read newspaper daily. This is the best habit you can adopt that will help you in your preparation for various competitive exams.
- Dedicate time for each topic one by one and keep switching topics as well so that you don’t get bored with one subject.
- Use 1 hour daily for mugging up antonyms, Synonyms, One word substitution, Analogy etc.
- Read Grammar Basics, this will help you in overcoming silly mistakes. It will be beneficial in long run as well.
- Solve at least 1 mock test everyday and also set a timer to ensure proper time management. The more you practice, the better your score.
- Lastly, Revise whatever you learn throughout the week.
Choosing the best study material for any exam becomes a tedious task. One must choose the study material for RBI Exam preparation wisely. While, there are many factors that are taken into consideration for selecting the best books.
How to Select Best Books for English Language Section
In order to crack the prestigious RBI Grade B recruitment examination, candidates require a proper, sufficient study material. An ideal study material includes:
Preparation Books – Reference books, preparatory books are an important source of study material. Most students prefer to study content from various books published by famous authors. Books are considered to be the best source of information for all the topics which are included in an exam.
Question Banks – Question banks are considered to be the most reliable source for practice and to understand the type of questions asked. Many students practice with a series of question banks to improve time efficiency and knowledge.
Sectional Tests – Sectional tests include mock tests designed to present questions in an arbitrary manner. The test includes all the topics of an exam which is to be answered in a particular time frame. This test helps in giving a fair idea about the sectional cut off.
Here we conclude our article on How to Prepare for RBI Grade B English Language Section 2017. If you are preparing for Bank exam, here are our recommended products.