How Well Do you Know About ISRO?: The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India headquartered in the city of Bangalore. Its vision is to “harness space technology for national development while pursuing space science research and planetary exploration.
For your efficient preparation, OnlineTyari has formulated General Knowledge/ Current Affairs questions on ISRO topic. This article will contain mixed questions on the trending ISRO topic as well as its greatest Achievements.
GK Questions Which Can be Asked in the Exam
The below given questions will help you prepare efficiently for the upcoming examination. Get updated now!
- Where is the Headquarter of ISRO? Bengaluru
- From Which Space Centre ISRO Is going to Launch its 100th Satellite? Sriharikota.
- How Many Satellite is ISRO Going to Launch on 12th January 2018? ISRO will Launch its 100th satellite along with 30 others
- How long Chandrayaan-1 was operational? 312 Days
- Abbreviation ‘GSLV’ stands for: Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle
- Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), SHAR is situated at? Sriharikota
- India’s first satellite Aryabhata was launched from? Soviet Union
- What is the name of the India’s Multi Wavelength Space Observatory? ASTROSAT
- Which is India’s first experimental satellite launch vehicle? SLV 3
- Who was the founder of Indian Space Research Organization? Vikram Sarabhai
- ISRO India’s second mission to moon is called? Chandrayaan 2
- Who is known as the Father of Indian Space Program? Vikrama Sarabhai
- Who was the head of ISRO when Mar’s Mission Mangalyan was launched? K Radhakrishnan
- Which scientific organisation has developed India’s first indigenous solar hybrid electric car? ISRO
- Which are the satellites put into orbit by PSLV-21 as ISRO’s 100th mission ? SPOT-6 (French earth observation satellite) and Proiteres (Japanese micro satellite)
- Which is the heaviest satellite launched by India from India? 2130 kg launched by GSLV-F0 on September 2, 2007 Loaded satellite INSAT-4C.
- How many satellites were launched by India? So far (March 2013) 68 + 35 (foreign) satellites were installed in orbit
- When was the first rocket launched? What was this rocket? The first rocket, Nikki-Apache, was obtained from the United States, which was released on November 21, 1963.
- How many centers are ISRO? There are six major centers and many other units, agencies, facilities and laboratories established throughout the country.
- Which was India’s first launch vehicle? The first launch of India was called the name satellite launcher Yan-3 (SLV-3).
So, here we are summing our article on Gk Questions on ISRO Topic. We hope these questions will not only update your knowledge but also increase your score in the upcoming examinations.
For more informative & educational articles, stay connected with ONLINETYARI. To excel in Government Examinations, download the Best Government Exam Preparation App for free.