UPSC IAS Mains GS Paper 2 Analysis 2017, Download Actual Question Paper: UPSC IAS Civil Services Examination is regarded as one of the most challenging papers of the country. Millions of aspirants appear for the Civil Services Examination every year. UPSC conducted IAS Mains GS Paper 2 exam on 30th October 2017.
The main aim of this article is to analyse IAS Mains GS Paper 2 examination. We will also go through all the questions asked in IAS Mains GS Paper 2 examination 2017.
IAS Mains GS Paper 2 Analysis & Question Paper
UPSC conducted IAS Mains essay paper today. A candidate had to answer 20 questions. There was a change in the word limit than that of the previous year Exam. Questions from 1 to 10 carried 10 marks with a word limit of 150 words each and Questions from 11 to 20 carried 15 marks with a word limit of 250 words each making overall exam of 250 marks. Let us go through question paper in detail:
- “The local self government system in India has not proved to be effective instrument of governance”. Critically examine the statement and give your views to improve the situation. (150 words)
- Critically examine the Supreme Court’s judgement on ‘National Judicial Appointments Commission Act, 2014’ with reference to appointment of judges of higher judiciary in India. (150 words)
- ‘Simultaneous election to the Lok Sabha and the State Assemblies will limit the amount of time and money spent in electioneering but it will reduce the government’s accountability to the people’ Discuss. (150 words)
- How do pressure groups influence Indian political process? Do you agree with this view that informal pressure groups have emerged as powerful than formal pressure groups in recent years? (150 words)
- Discuss the role of Public Accounts Committee in establishing accountability of the government to the people. (150 words)
- ‘To ensure effective implementation of policies addressing water, sanitation and hygiene needs, the identification of beneficiary segments is to be synchronized with the anticipated outcomes’ Examine the statement in the context of the WASH scheme. (150 words)
- Does the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 ensure effective mechanism for empowerment and inclusion of the intended beneficiaries in the society? Discuss (150 words)
- Hunger and Poverty are the biggest challenges for good governance in India still today. Evaluate how far successive governments have progressed in dealing with these humongous problems. Suggest measures for improvement. (150 words)
- ‘China is using its economic relations and positive trade surplus as tools to develop potential military power status in Asia’, In the light of this statement, discuss its impact on India as her neighbor. (150 words)
- What are the main functions of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)? Explain different functional commissions attached to it. (150 words)
- Explain the salient features of the constitution(One Hundred and First Amendment) Act, 2016. Do you think it is efficacious enough ‘to remove cascading effect of taxes and provide for common national market for goods and services’? (250 words)
- Examine the scope of Fundamental Rights in the light of the latest judgement of the Supreme Court on Right to Privacy. (250 words)
- The Indian Constitution has provisions for holding joint session of the two houses of the Parliament. Enumerate the occasions when this would normally happen and also the occasions when it cannot, with reasons thereof. (250 words)
- To enhance the quality of democracy in India the Election Commission of India has proposed electoral reforms in 2016. What are the suggested reforms and how far are they significant to make democracy successful? (250 words)
- Is the National Commission for Women able to strategize and tackle the problems that women face at both public and private spheres? Give reasons in support of your answer. (250 words)
- ‘The emergence of Self Help Groups(SHGs) in contemporary times points to the slow but steady withdrawal of the state from developmental activities’. Examine the role of the SHGs in developmental activities and the measures taken by the Government of India to promote the SHGs. (250 words)
- ‘Poverty Alleviation Programmes in India remain mere show pieces until and unless they are backed by political will’. Discuss with reference to the performance of the major poverty alleviation programmes in India. (250 words)
- Initially Civil Services in India were designed to achieve the goals of neutrality and effectiveness, which seems to be lacking in the present context. Do you agree with the view that drastic reforms are required in Civil Services. Comment (250 words)
- The question of India’s Energy Security constitutes the most important part of India’s economic progress. Analyze India’s energy policy cooperation with West Asian Countries. (250 words)
- Indian Diaspora has an important role to play in South-East Asian countries’ economy and society. Appraise the role of Indian Diaspora in South- East Asia in this context (250 words)
Want to Download IAS Mains GS Paper 2 Paper ?? Click Here
After going through the whole IAS Mains GS Paper 2, let us now quickly shift our article to IAS Mains GS Paper 2 analysis.
IAS Mains GS Paper 2 Analysis
Over here, we will try to formulate IAS Mains GS paper 2 analysis in the form of important pointers. Let us do a quick analysis of the paper:
- IAS Mains General Studies paper 2 covered topics like Indian Constitution, Indian Polity, Social Justice, International Relation, Poverty, SHGs (Self-help group).
- The question no. 10 was divided into 2 parts carrying 5 marks each.
Overall we conclude that the level of UPSC IAS General Studies Paper 2 (30th October 2017) examination was Easy to Moderate.
We hope this article on UPSC IAS Mains GS Paper 2 Analysis for 30th October 2017 helps you understand the paper better. Here we sum up UPSC IAS Mains General Studies Paper 2 Analysis.