Top 10 Must Read Topics for IAS Mains GS Paper 3: IAS Mains GS Paper 3 consists of themes of Technology, Economic Development, Agriculture, Biodiversity, Environment, Security & Disaster Management. Being tricky by nature, this paper gives you an advantage over other aspirants if you score well.
The course structure of the exam is so that it requires rigorous preparations from the side of the aspirant. It requires you to have proper study material to cover various topics. The paper requires both analytical and factual knowledge of the candidate and thus becomes a tough nut to crack.
Over here we are sharing Top 10 Must Read Topics for IAS Mains GS Paper 3. Let us initiate with the next topic.
Top 10 Must Read Topics for IAS Mains GS Paper 3 | Role of Make in India Scheme in the Manufacturing Sector
Let us initiate by highlighting difficulties in the manufacturing prpocess. The below-given constraints in the manufacturing sector are:
- credit problems, both cost, and availability
- lack of skills
- deterrents against urbanisation and formalization
- infrastructure constraints.
- Taxation, both direct and indirect
- labour laws
- entry and exit problems
- administrative laws and complicated procedures
How Make in India addresses these constraints:-
- The key thrust of the programme would be on cutting down in delays in manufacturing projects clearance, develop
- adequate infrastructure and make it easier for companies to do business in India.
- The national progamme aims at time-bound project clearances through a single online portal
- The objective of the mega programme is to ensure that manufacturing sector which contributes around 15% of the country’s Gross Domestic Product is increased to 25% in next few years.
- It also deals with the construction permit delays by directing the big municipal
- corporations to ease the process involved.
- In this initiative the rules of IPR are also strengthened, that rules out the possibilities of delay involved with the patents.
- Employment intensive sectors for example leather, textile and food processing
- industries have been given the centre stage.
- Simplifications of rules involving clearance involving labour laws and environment.
- Transfer of assets in case of sick industries via NIMZ i.e. National Investment and Manufacturing Zone.
- Govt’s initiative of Skill India will also play a pivotal role in the success of Make In India by providing the much-needed skill force.
- Issues involving trade union and labour laws should also be dealt with at most care By introduction of new reforms in policies along with a positive economic atmosphere, it has created a fertile ground for businesses to thrive in India.
Preparing for IAS Prelims 2018?? Try these mock tests for FREE!!
Expected Question: Discuss The Role of ‘Make in India’ Scheme in the Manufacturing Sector??
Over here we conclude our article on Top 10 Must Read Topics for IAS Mains GS Paper 3.