Top 10 Must-Read Topics for IAS Mains GS Paper 3: IAS Mains GS Paper 3 consists of themes of Technology, Economic Development, Agriculture, Biodiversity, Environment, Security & Disaster Management. Being tricky by nature, this paper gives you an advantage over other aspirants if you score well.
The course structure of the exam is so that it requires rigorous preparations from the side of the aspirant. It requires you to have proper study material to cover various topics. The paper requires both analytical and factual knowledge of the candidate and thus becomes a tough nut to crack.
Top 10 Must Read Topics for IAS Mains GS Paper 3 | Topic 9
Over here we are sharing Top 10 Must-Read Topics for IAS Mains GS Paper 3. Let us initiate with the next topic. Below mentioned is the explanation of the next topic i.e The Compensatory Afforestation Fund Bill.
Compensatory Afforestation Fund Bill
Compensatory afforestation is a way to make up for forest land that was diverted for “non- forest purposes”. The Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980, restricts “non-forest purpose” to the cultivation of tea, coffee, spices, rubber, palms, oil-bearing plants, horticultural crops or medicinal plants and any purpose other than reforestation. Thus, whenever a forest land is to be used for such purposes, the Act stipulates that another non-forest land has to be afforested as a compensatory measure.
The Bill establishes the National Compensatory Afforestation Fund under the Public Account of India and a State Compensatory Afforestation Fund under the Public Account of each state.
- The Bill establishes the fund at a national level under a Public Account of India, and at state levels under the Public Account of the states. The Bill also establishes an institutional mechanism at the national and state levels to ensure efficient use of the funds.
- The national fund will receive 10% of the amount under this bill, and 90% of the funds will be given to the state funds. The main focus is to reduce the impact of diversion of forest lands, create productive assets, and also increase employment opportunities, especially in the rural sector.
- The collected funds will be utilized for afforestation, regeneration of forest ecosystem, wildlife protection and forest-related infrastructure development. Establishes National and State Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authorities to manage the funds.
- The determination of NPV will be delegated to an expert committee constituted by the central government.
- The bill also seeks to establish National and State Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authorities to manage the funds.
- The legislation will allow states to access nearly 42000 crore rupees that are lying idle and channel it into afforestation projects. It has provisions for administration of funds and utilization of funds by the user agencies to undertake plantations, protection of forests and forest-related infrastructure development.
Preparing for IAS Prelims 2018?? Try these mock tests for FREE!!
Expected Question: Discuss the features of Compensatory Afforestation Fund Bill.
Over here we conclude our article on Top 10 Must-Read Topics for IAS Mains GS Paper 3. Stay tuned with us for the rest of the topic that we will discuss day by day. To excel in Civil Services Examination, download the Best IAS Exam Preparation App for free.