IAS Prelims 2017 Exam Topics: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct the civil services (CS) preliminary examination on June 18 this year. It is one of the most esteemed and toughest exams in the country. With a success rate of 0.1- 0.3 percent of the total percentage of candidates who apply, it is really difficult to nail the examination.
All the UPSC IAS aspirants are now preparing for IAS Prelims 2017. The problem is that no matter how good & knowledgeable we think we are or how good we feel we have prepared for the exam there is always a certain level of uncertainty. To overcome this fear, we will be sharing IAS Prelims 2017 Exam Topics that will Increase your Score.
IAS Prelims 2017 Exam Topics that will Increase your Score
Here is the list of topics suggested by experts that can help you score more:
- Cold Mix Technology
- Dugong Conservation
- Solar Healthcare Initiative
- Sustainable Sand Mining Management Guidelines 2016
- National Green Highways Mission (NGHM)
- IUCN declares Bornean Orang-utan critically endangered
- Micro Plastic Pellets: Serious threat to Environment
- Kuji Menda: Certified as a ‘Rare and Singular Species’ by National Bureau of Animal genetic Resources
- Velas: Soon to Be a Biodiversity Heritage Site
- Global Soil Biodiversity Atlas and Initiative
- Environmental Supplemental Plan
- Environmental Management Accounting
- Kukrail being declared as a Biodiversity site
- A Universal Method To Calculate The Carbon Footprint Of Logistics Supply Chains
Today we will discuss the first topic i.e Cold and Mix Technology. Below mentioned is the explanation of the said topic.
Cold Mix Technology
Cold Mix technology is field application of mix design based on tailor-made CRRI-Bitchem cold mix binders with the available IRC recommended aggregates through modified HMP plant or site mixing without need of any heating in an environment-friendly manner.
- A unique technology developed by Assam-based Bitchem Company. Will help in laying of more green roads in the country.
- Cold mix technology is greener, safer and enables faster black-topping of roads. Cold mix is tailor made and can be used in all-weather conditions besides being more durable as it contains anti-stripping properties.
- The technology will also help to resolve the problems of road connectivity in India and especially in hilly states as various factors like heavy rainfall often delay the construction and maintenance of roads in such regions. Biggest advantage of this technology would be in saving the precious fossil fuels like diesel and petrol
- It is not simply supply of ordinary bitumen emulsions.
- It is the entire value chain of technology from laboratory mix designs, supply of tailor made cold mix binder and overseeing the entire mixing, laying & rolling activities through technical support and supervision services.
- 2-3 times faster progress using existing facilities at site without any extra investment in capacity building or equipments.
- Green Technology: Non polluting process , no heating, saves fuel and 90% energy efficient.
- Highly durable: contains anti-stripping properties, performing better than Hot Mix roads.
- All weather construction: during monsoons and cold winters on dry days.
Benefits to India
Below mentioned are the social, economical and environmental benefits of Cold mix technology to india.
- No adverse effect on health.
- Friendly to local construction workers.
- Higher progress, faster connectivity, avoids escalations.
- Eradicates need of subsidized fuel equivalent to 3375 million INR.
- 1,500 liter per Km means annually programme of 30,000 km can save the nation 45 million liter and 145.35 million kg carbon footprints
- Bitchem is the largest cold mix technology company in India.
- Approved by various PWD’s in India. õ Since 2015, Successfully completed more than 2500 km roads in India till date.. credentials available.
- Under Exclusive Cold Mix Technology License from CSIR-CRRI on Pan India Basis.
- Bitchem deploys well-trained Technical services to provide error-free construction a site.
- 5 Years performance evaluation report of Bitchem cold mix conducted by CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat, Assam found performance of Bitchem cold mix superior than conventional hot mix.
Over here we conclude our article on IAS Prelims 2017 Exam Topics that will Increase your Score. Stay tuned with us for the rest of the topic that we will discuss day by day.