IBPS Clerk Exam Analysis: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection i.e. IBPS will conduct IBPS CWE Clerk VI Preliminary Examination on 26, 27 November and 3, 4 December in multiple slots/ shifts. The candidates who’ve successfully submitted their application form online will appear for the written examination as per the exam date and shift mentioned in their respective admit card.
Missed our previous article on IBPS Clerk Exam Analysis? Refer to the links below:
- IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Analysis: 26th November 2016 (Shift-I)
- IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Analysis: 26th November 2016 (Shift-II)
- IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Analysis: 27th November 2016 (Shift-III)
- IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Analysis: 27th November 2016 (Shift-IV)
- IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Analysis: 3rd December 2016 (Shift 1)
- IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Analysis: 3rd December 2016 (Shift 2)
IBPS Clerk Exam Analysis: 3rd December (Shift 3)
Today’s third shift (December, 3) has come to an end and the candidates are now coming out of their respective centres. We will look into 3rd December (Shift 3) IBPS Clerk Prelims exam and analyse each and every section in detail. Before we begin our paper review, lets get some basics out first. As we all know, the exam was composed of 3 sections i.e. Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability and English Language. The exam pattern in details is as follows:
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
The total time was 1 hour i.e. 60 minutes, hence, Speed, Accuracy and Planning is surely needed to have good number of attempts with maximum accuracy. As for IBPS Clerk Exam Analysis for Shift-III, the paper’s overall level of difficulty ranged from Easy to Moderate.
Proceed further into detailed IBPS Clerk Exam Analysis with Prelims section-wise paper review of each topic asked in today’s slot.
IBPS Clerk Exam Analysis for English Language Section
- Good Attempts: 16-19 Questions
- Level of Difficulty: Easy
We begin our IBPS Clerk Exam Analysis with the English Section. This section was the easiest to attempt with most questions being quite direct application based. The topic-wise review and distribution is as follows.
- Reading Comprehension- 10 Questions
- Cloze Test- 10 Questions
- Spotting the errors – 10 Questions
Most candidates secured marks in this section by solving Cloze Test questions. A good attempt in this section would be 16-19 questions.
IBPS Clerk Exam Analysis for Reasoning Ability Section
- Good Attempts: 18-22 Questions
- Level of Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
Moving to our next section, Reasoning Ability questions in today’s IBPS Clerk Exam Analysis had a bit of Easy to Moderate Difficulty Level range. The topic-wise review and distribution is as follows.
- Alphabetical or Number Series – 5 Questions
- Alphabet Coding – 5 Questions
- Mathematical Inequalities – 5 Questions
- Sitting Arrangements and Puzzles (Linear and Circular) – 15 Questions
- Miscellaneous – 5 Questions
Reasoning Section has followed the same pattern again as we can see that Puzzles and Siting arrangement topics occupied a major portion of questions. A good attempt in this section would be 18-22 questions.
IBPS Clerk Exam Analysis for Quantitative Aptitude Section
- Good Attempts: 18-20 Questions
- Level of Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
The Quant Section in today’s IBPS Clerk Prelims Examination had a mixed number of Easy to Moderate Questions. The topic-wise review and distribution is as follows.
- Simplification – 15 Questions
- Data Interpretation – 5 Questions
- Series – 5 Questions
- Miscellaneous – 10 Questions
The misc. questions consists of Simple and Compound Interest, Time Speed and Distance, Profit and Loss, Time and Work, Averages, Ratio, Mensuration etc. DI Questions were major score point in this paper. A good attempt in this section would be 18-20 questions. We conclude our section-wise IBPS Clerk Exam Analysis for 3rd December Shift 3 here.
Expected IBPS Clerk Cut off 2016
For IBPS Clerk Prelims Examination, there will be both sectional and overall cutoff. The cutoff marks usually vary according to a number of factors, like
- Number of vacancies
- Total number of applicants
- Level of Difficulty of the paper
Keeping in mind all the factors and the analysis of 3rd December paper, here is the expected sectional and overall cut-off for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2016.
Sectional IBPS Clerk Prelims Cut off 2016 (Expected)
|Section Name||Total Marks||General||OBC||SC/ST||PWD|
Overall IBPS Clerk Prelims Cut off 2016 (Expected)
There were only marginal changes, which ultimately did not affect the expected cutoff score generated previously. Hence, the cutoff margin remains the same.
We hope this article on IBPS Clerk Exam Analysis and Prelims Expected Cutoff 2016 for 3rd December Shift-3 helps you understand the paper better. We will be back soon with our next analysis and detailed paper review. Till then, go through:
Must Read: IBPS Clerk Previous Year Cutoff 2015
Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best IBPS Clerk Exam Preparation App for free.