IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018 Preparation: The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) will be conducting the IBPS Common Recruitment Process (CWE) for the recruitment of Clerks in different Public Sector Banks spread across the country.
As the exam is nearly a few weeks away, it is time for the candidates to boost up their preparation. This year, IBPS Clerk exam will be conducted online and will follow the same selection process i.e 2 Tier Process. Scroll down to explore best study tips & boost up your IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2018 Preparation now.
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018 Preparation: Best Study Tips
The Recruitment Process involved for IBPS CWE Clerk VIII is a 2 Tier Process i.e. Preliminary Written Examination and Mains Written Examination. A candidate needs to qualify at each level in order to move to the next one. Let us try and understand each level.
IBPS Clerk Tier I: Prelims Written Examination
The Online Computer-Based Test (CBT) for IBPS Clerk Prelims will be conducted in an objective pattern (same as before). There will be 100 questions in total and 3 sections – English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.
|Name of the Section||Questions||Marks||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Some of the essential details related to IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018 are as follows.
- The total number of questions will be 100.
- The Paper mode will be English/ Hindi.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- The total time to solve the entire paper is 60 minutes.
- There will be sectional and overall cutoff.
Marks secured in IBPS Clerk Prelims will be taken into consideration while selecting candidates for Mains. Keeping it simple and precise, in this post on IBPS Clerk Prelims Recruitment 2018 Preparation Tips, we are going to share few essential points which primarily aims at improving the overall score in the said exam.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2018 Preparation: English
Candidates’ understanding of the Basics of English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms, and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability would be tested. Here we are giving you some important topics out of these which will surely help you maximize your score:
1. Major Portion includes Grammar:
- Cloze test
- Error Detection
- Phrase Replacement
- Reading comprehension
English Section: Tips & Tricks
- First, you need to remember the Grammar Rules. However, you do not need to know all grammar rules after solving previous year papers you can easily understand what kind of question IBPS is framing.
- For the smart preparation of IBPS Examination, the best method will be to attempt all the above given mock tests and do daily practice.
- English Section in IBPS especially judges your ability to understand English and Proper Usage of Grammar. For improvement on understanding English Read Newspapers and Books on Grammar.
- You need to develop a habit to learn new words daily from the newspaper, news channels, books etc. It will help you to build up your own lexicon of essential words.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2018 Preparation: Reasoning Ability
The test will include questions designed to test the candidate‘s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation, and other analytical functions. The IBPS Clerk Prelims Reasoning Ability Section is quite massive. So, there can be a chance that you might miss out on a few scoring topics. The following topics in IBPS Clerk Prelims Reasoning Ability Section in Preliminary Examination should be at your tips:
- Puzzle and Siting Arrangement
- Coding Decoding
These questions give the most accurate answers in the least time, provided you have given them time while preparing for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam. If one is not very comfortable with Quantitative Aptitude, more time can be allotted to this section and the overall score can be improved.
Reasoning Section: Tips & Tricks
- Do not waste time on a single question. Leave the question which you are not able to solve. Meanwhile, try to attempt other questions to save time and score more.
- Try to practice and focus more on our upper given table on the expected list of questions from each topic.
- Try to start with your favorite topic and attempt easier questions first.
- Apply blood relation question on your family structure. This will make things clear to you.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2018 Preparation: Quantitative Aptitude
This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, use of Tables and Graphs, Menstruation, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
Major Portion will include Arithmetic based questions. Let us now highlight some important topics for Maths section:
- Data Interpretation
- Quadratic Equation
- Number Series
Quantitative Aptitude: Tips & Tricks
- As you all know, Time Management is the important factor of any competitive exams. Therefore, you do not have much time to spend on calculations. For doing fast calculations, you should remember tables, square, cubes and square roots.
- When you start your preparation, do not try to solve questions by shortcut methods. You should memorize all the basic theories and formulas of all the chapters. If your basics are not clear, you may not be able to solve questions.
- Make a concise version of your class notes by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them. You can identify key terms and concepts by paying attention to what has been emphasized in previous year papers.
- Maintain a plan for each day to practice topics. Try to devote at least three hours for Quant practice on daily basis.
Candidates who will be appearing for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam can go through these golden study tips on IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2018 Preparation.