IBPS PO Mains 2018: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will now conduct the final paper for IBPS PO Recruitment, i.e. IBPS PO Mains in a few days.
To help you in a better way, OnlineTyari experts have amalgamated essentials tips (Topic-wise) which will definitely help you attempt IBPS PO Mains in an efficient manner.
IBPS PO Mains 2018 Data Interpretation: Topics to Cover
Although most of the candidates are afraid of maths section, it is just a myth that you cannot score well in IBPS PO Maths section. There is a list of Important topics that are Important as per Analysis of Previous year Exam. We are not saying that only these topics will be there but this will cover the maximum portion of the paper and help the candidate maximize the score in that particular section.
- Ratio & Proportion
- Data Interpretation
- Mensuration and Geometry
- Profit and Loss
- Number Series
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Time and Work
- Data Sufficiency
- Number System
- Mixture and Allegations
- Linear Equation
- Permutation and Combination and Probability
IBPS PO Mains Quant Preparation Tips
Let us now touch the core of this article which will help you acquire useful tips on IBPS PO Quantitative Aptittude section.
To master this area, you need to combine skills with strategy. This section tests your ability to interpret and comprehend graphical data and then answer the questions that follow.
What is essential is that you need to have an idea of all the types of questions that are asked, so that you can attempt them in the correct manner.
- A candidate must be thorough with Table (at least up to 50), Squares, cubes, Square roots, percentage to fraction conversion & vice versa.
- Some of the mathematics areas which you must be good at are time & work, percentage, averages & ratio proportion.
- Another important aspect is that you need to be aware of the options given. In certain questions, the exact to the point answer is not necessary. The options are spaced in such a manner that approximations can be done. Thus looking at the options before answering the questions saves plenty of your time.
Remember to first attempt the topics that you are most confident about. Then move on to Average and Difficult questions. This way, even if you run out of time, you would have covered most of the questions that you will score well in.
Quad equations can be solved by various types. One of the methods is to directly solve for roots of the equation. However, you will be getting less than 1 minute to solve any type of question. Hence, we will suggest you make use of other short-tricks like analyzing the signs of the equation to infer the signs of the roots. Instead of giving simple quad equations, IBPS may give two variable questions & ask you to solve & compare the variables. An easier way to solve these questions is to simply the given equations such that the coefficients of a particular variable become equal. This can be done by multiplying equations with constants.
- Always remember that the probability of an event can only be between 0 and 1 and can also be written as a percentage.
- Most of the IBPS PO Mains probability questions are expected to be based on Permutation & Combinations. So, make sure you go through P & C well.
- The best way to mastery probability is to practice.
Time & Work
Time and Work problems are most frequently asked problems in quantitative aptitude. To solve these problems very quickly, you should understand the concept of Time and Work and some shortcut methods. Do remember these important pointers:
- If a man can do a piece of work in 5 days, then he will finish 1/5th of the work in one day.
- If a man can finish 1/5th of the work in one day then he will take 5 days to complete the work.
- If a man 5/6th of work in one hour then he will take 6/5 hours to complete the full work.
- If A works three times faster than B then A takes 1/3rd the time taken by B.
- Always use short tricks & practice Time & work questions regularly.
- Read the given problem. Don’t assume anything except universal facts.
- Take the first statement and combine it with the main statement. Try to find the answer.
- If you are unable to find the answer using 2nd step then combine the second statement and combine it with the main statement and try to find the answer.
- If you are unable to find an answer using the second statement then add both statements with the main statement and try to find an answer
- If even now you can’t find the answer, simply tick both statements are insufficient.
Here we conclude our article, stay tuned for the latest updates on IBPS PO Examination 2018.