IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis 2017 (Section-wise): The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection i.e. IBPS held the mains examination for IBPS CWE PO/ MT today. The shortlisted candidates from IBPS PO Prelims 2017 Exam were called for the mains paper. In this article, we will analyse each section in detail and compute topic-wise difficulty level of IBPS PO Mains Examination.
Please remember that the candidates who are able to crack IBPS PO Mains Examination will be called for the final round i.e. GD/ Interview. Hence, scoring well in the mains paper for IBPS is the biggest hurdle at the current stage.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis 2017: 26 November
Based on a few changes in the IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern, the IBPS PO Mains Exam comprised of four sections namely English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & Computer section and General Awareness.
Each section had its own time limit beyond which, no questions from that particular section could be attempted. Revisiting the IBPS PO Exam Pattern for Mains Examination, the following table gives an apt description about it.
|Name of the Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted (in mins.)|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35|
|English Language (Letter writing & Essay)||2||25||30 minutes|
The most important details regarding IBPS PO Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme for Mains Examination are as follows:
- The total questions in the exam were 155.
- This year, IBPS also conducted a descriptive test of English Language along with the mains exam.
- Reasoning and Computer sections were clubbed together.
- The overall time allotted for IBPS PO 2017 Mains Exam was 180 minutes.
Now, talking about IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis 2017, the overall difficulty level of IBPS PO Mains Exam was most definitely ‘Hard’. The paper was quite challenging and full of tricky questions as well if we compare it to our previous years IBPS PO Mains paper. It was inevitable that the paper would be difficult to attempt since this is the final written examination before the GD/ Interview process and only a handful of candidates will be shortlisted for the next round.
Let us go deeper and understand the complexities and challenges of the paper in our section-wise paper review of IBPS Mains Examination for PO/ MT Recruitment.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis 2017: English Section
- Total Number of Questions: 35
- Level of Difficulty: HARD
There were many new types of questions introduced in the English section. Beginning with the English Section, the biggest threats this year in this section were Reading Comprehension, Parajumbles, and Sentence Rephrase. The RC was riddled with challenging text and parajumbles (New Pattern) required precise logic for the accurate application.
- Reading Comprehension – 10 Questions
- Cloze Test – 5 Questions
- Fillers (Double) – 2 Questions
- Parajumbles – 4 Questions
- Sentence Repharsement – 4 Questions
- Connector – 5 Questions
- Spotting the errors – 5 Questions
Since the other topics like Cloze Test, Spotting the Error, Connector etc. were not on the easier side either, we expect an attempt of 12-14 questions with good accuracy as an adequate score in this section.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis 2017: Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Total Questions: 35
- Level: MODERATE TO HARD
In this section of IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis, we will talk about the Data Analysis & Interpretation section. The Maths section ranged from moderate to tough questions, sprinkled across the topics, with Data Sufficiency based questions being quite difficult to solve. The DI questions were based on Bar, Caselets and Tabular graph and were fairly difficult in terms of the level of difficulty.
- Number Series (Wrong) – 5 questions
- Data Sufficiency – 5 questions
- Mathematical Inequalities (Quantity 1 & Quantity 2 Pattern) – 5 Questions
- Data Interpretation – 15 questions
- Misc. – 5 questions
The level of difficulty of Miscellaneous based questions was fairly Moderate-Difficult. Based on the difficulty level of QA section, a good attempt would be 18-20 questions with good overall accuracy.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis 2017: Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
- Total Questions: 45
- Level: HARD
The third one in our series of IBPS PO Mains Section-Wise Analysis is Reasoning & Computer Aptitude Section. The difficulty level of Reasoning based questions dwindled to a much harder tone. Questions about Puzzles and Seating Arrangements were highly confusing and only those with immense amounts of practice were able to solve these. No questions were asked from computer aptitude.
- Logical reasoning – 10 Questions
- Blood Relations (Coded) – 4 Questions
- Input Output – 5 Questions
- Simple and Complex Puzzle/ Sitting Arrangement – 15 Questions
- Data Sufficiency – 2 Questions
- Direction Sense (Coded) – 5 Questions
- Miscellaneous – 4 Questions
Owing to the difficulty level of this section, we expect an attempt of 17-19 questions to be quite decent here.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis 2017: GK Section
- Total Questions: 40
- Level: MODERATE
Same as last year, the GK section could be attempted much easily as compared to the first 3 sections mentioned in the IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis. The chunk part of this section was filled with Banking Awareness & Current Affairs questions. An attempt of 25-27 questions would be considered good.
Some of the questions asked in IBPS PO Mains General Awareness section are as follows:
- Government sets up _____ panel to oversee PSU bank mergers (Oversee Merge Committee): Arun Jaitley
- RBI sets up a task force on Public credit Registry which is headed by? Y M Deosthalee
- Taxable event under Goods & Service Tax (GST)? : Sales of goods and services
- MGNREGA Budget allocation increased to the record amount of? 48000 Crores
- On which amount tax of 10% slab rate has been introduced? 50 & 100 Lakhs
- To which sport is the famous sportsperson RV Rahul Kumar related? Weightlifting
- Bandhan Bank Ltd. started as a? Micro-Finance
- Full form of SEAC? State Expert Appraisal Committee
- Where is Panna National Park located? Madhya Pradesh
- Headquarter of City Union Bank? Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu
- What is the meaning of LTV In Baning and Financial World, what does LTV means?? Loan-to-Value
- On which river one will find Dudhawa Dam? Mahanadi River
- Which organization published The World Economic Outlook (WEO)? International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Which team won the Under 17 FIFA (U 17) world cup 2017- England
- To which sport is the famous sportsperson Sivalingam Sathish Kumar related? Weightlifting
- The leader Paolo Gentiloni is the Prime Minister of which country? Italy
- G7 presidency summit 2018 will be held by which of the following countries? Canada
- Meaning of “S” in SWIFT- (Society) Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication
Here we conclude our IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis 2017. We are sure candidates must’ve faced issues adjusting to the new pattern.
Needless to say, we will keep you posted on further updates. Till then, stay connected for more information regarding IBPS PO Recruitment 2017. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best IBPS PO Exam Preparation App for free.