IBPS PO Mains Reasoning & Computer Knowledge 2018: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will now conduct the final paper for IBPS PO Recruitment, i.e. IBPS PO Mains 2018.
This article is primarily focused on IBPS PO Mains Reasoning Ability and Computer Knowledge Preparation Tips and strategy to solve questions. Let us begin with some important topics to focus on
IBPS PO Important Topics: Reasoning and Computer Knowledge
We are initiating with the “Reasoning and Computer Section”, which will provide you with useful IBPS PO Mains Reasoning Preparation Tips to Crack Written Examination. There is a list of Important topics that are Important as per Analysis of Previous year Exam. We are not saying that only these topics will be there but this will cover the maximum portion of the paper and help the candidate maximize the score in that particular section.
IBPS PO Mains Reasoning Ability Topics
- Series – Alpha-Numeric, Alphabetical, Alpha-Numeric Symbol
- Coding- Decoding
- Order and Ranking
- Data Sufficiency
- Sitting Arrangement
- Complex Arrangement
- Blood Relation
- Logical Reasoning
- Input and Output
IBPS PO Mains Computer Knowledge Topics
- Number System
- History Of Computers
- Database ( introduction)
- Communication (Basic Introduction)
- Networking( LAN, WAN,)
- Internet (Concept, History, working environment, Application)
- Security Tools, Virus, Hacker
- MS Windows, MS Office
- Logic Gates
IBPS PO Mains Reasoning and Computer Knowledge Preparation Tips
In IBPS PO Prelims, the Reasoning Ability section contains 35 questions carrying 1 mark each. The time allocated to complete this section is 20 minutes. In IBPS PO Mains, the Reasoning Ability section is merged with Computer Aptitude section. The total number of questions combining these two is 45 carrying a total mark of 60. The time allocated to finish this section is 60 minutes. Let us now go through each topic of reasoning ability section-
Tricks to Solve Syllogism Questions
Questions based on syllogism are totally based upon Logic. To ensure a better score in this section, you can use the following techniques.
- Venn Diagrams are the best and the quickest way to solve such type of questions easily. However, sometimes questions can have a lot of Venn diagrams.
- In this case, one should draw the easiest figure in order to solve the question in the minimum amount of time.
- Practice as much as you can to understand the various types of Syllogism Questions.
Tricks to Solve Seating Arrangement Questions
- Questions on Seating Arrangement involve Arrangement of Persons in a circular table, rectangular table or a line with some given conditions.
- In order to such type of questions, the best strategy is to develop a rough pictorial diagram.
- Once the diagram is complete, questions that follow can be answered easily.
Tricks to Solve Puzzles Questions
- Puzzles are intentionally designed to stimulate the brain into devising solution, one would be given a series of interlinked information or data and would be expected to have the ability to analyze the data in order to reach certain conclusions.
- The trick is to make a relevant tabular structure for using the clues seamlessly, perceive what indirect clues are being stated in order to use them correctly and convert clues written in language form into visual clues so that you do not need to read the text again and again.
Tricks to Solve Coding Decoding Questions
- Questions on coding-decoding are very easy to solve. Coding is a process of conversion of original word or sentence or collection of character into some other form by following certain logic or rule. The resultant is known as Code.
- In order to solve such questions you just have to find the logic or rule that is being followed by comparing the given words/ sentences/ characters.
- There are a number of variations in Coding Decoding Questions. So, it is next to impossible to solve questions based on them without proper practice.
Tricks to Solve Blood Relation Questions
- Questions on blood relationships are very common in competitive exams. In such type of questions, a roundabout description is given in the form of certain small relationships and direct relationship between the persons concerned is to be deciphered.
- Questions based on blood relation may appear confusing but it is easier to answer if one breaks the questions into parts and analyze it with the help of a diagram.
- Apply blood relation question on your family structure. This will make things clear to you.
Tricks to Solve Input/ Output
- Input/ Output section comes with a word and number arrangement machine question, when given an input line of words and numbers rearranges them following a particular rule in each step.
- There is much possibility that this topic will cover 3 questions of double-sided arrangement. So, a candidate is advised to practice accordingly
Tricks to Logical Reasoning
- Logical reasoning covers the major portion of this section. The Topics covered are Statement and Argument / Assumption / Conclusion / Course of action Cause and Effect Deriving Conclusions from passage.
- Do not make your own Assumptions. While attempting the questions, go through the statement properly first and try to understand what exactly it suggests. Go through the assumptions then and try to analyze if these can be assumed based on the information in the statement.
- It is a common tendency of students to adopt an approach based on your own value system. Generally, 7 to 10 questions are asked from this section.
- Computer Awareness is an important section in IBPS PO Mains Examination. Fundamentals will help you in resolving the complex problem, so you must read the fundamental elements of the computer before the examination.
- Lots of technologies developed in this field and students required to keep an eye on updates. The new types of questions involved just require the understanding of the content. Carefully read the information given in directions and solve questions according to it.
- Learn Abbreviations, Shortcuts, basic theories related to MS Office, OS and Basic Computer.
Please remember that Practice is the only way with which you can decrease the time to solve any Question. Attempting 35+ Questions will be considered as a good attempt as Reasoning used to be the strength of Maximum Banking aspirants.