IBPS PO Mains Syllabus Exam Pattern 2016: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection i.e. IBPS announced 8822 vacancies in various Public Sector Banks (PSBs) for the post of Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee. The candidates need to qualify in IBPS CWE PO/ MT VI 2016 Recruitment Examination in order to pursue a career as a Probationary Officer in any leading PSB. Once, IBPS PO Prelims exams are concluded, eligible candidates will have to appear for the IBPS PO Mains Exam.
In this article, we will inform the IBPS candidates about the latest IBPS PO Mains Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern & Structure 2016
Before heading to the IBPS PO Mains syllabus, it is important to know the pattern and structure for IBPS PO Mains Exam. This year, a new exam pattern for the IBPS PO Mains has been introduced. The IBPS PO Mains 2016 will have 5 sections in total – Reasoning, English, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge.
|Name of the Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||40 minutes|
|General Awareness (with special reference to Banking)||40||40||20 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||20||20||10 minutes|
As you can see from the table that a separate time slot has been allotted to each section. The most important details regarding IBPS PO Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme for Mains Examination are as follows:
- There will be 200 questions in total and each will carry 1 mark.
- Total time duration for IBPS PO Mains exam is 140 minutes.
- The Written Examination will be bilingual i.e. English/ Hindi.
- The questions will be objective in nature.
- For every wrong attempt, 1/4th mark of the total score of the question will be deducted.
For IBPS PO Mains 2016, there will be both sectional and overall cut-off and the shortlisted candidates will be called for the final round i.e. Group Discussion/ Interview. The final merit list of selected candidates will be based on scores achieved in IBPS PO Mains and GD/ Interview.
We conclude the IBPS PO Mains exam Pattern here. Now, let’s switch to IBPS PO Mains syllabus for each section of the IBPS PO written examination.
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus 2016
For any recruitment exam, the syllabus is the most important piece of information with which candidates prepare accordingly. The IBPS PO Mains syllabus for each section of the IBPS PO Mains exam 2016 is given below.
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus for Reasoning
- Verbal reasoning
- Word formation
- Statement and conclusions
- Statement and assumptions
- Statement and arguments
- Coding Decoding
- Blood Relations
- Passage and conclusions
- Alphabet test
- Series Test
- Number, Ranking and time sequence
- Direction sense Test
- Decision making test
- Figure series
- Input/output, Assertion and reasoning
- Sitting Arrangement
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Series test
- Odd figure out
- Miscellaneous Test etc.
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus for English Language
- Word Formation
- Spotting Errors
- Phrases and idioms
- Direct and Indirect speech
- Active/ Passive voice
- Reading Comprehension
- Theme Detection
- Passage completion
- Topic rearrangement of passage
- Deriving Conclusion.
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
- Ratio and proportion
- Time and work
- Speed, Distance and time
- Mixture and allegation
- Stocks and shares
- Volume and surface Area
- Height and Distances
- Permutation and combinations
- Simple and compound interest
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Elements of Algebra
- Data Interpretation: Pie Charts, Tables, Bar & Graphs, Line Charts
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus for General Knowledge
- Current affairs related to national and international issues of last 6 months.
- Static Affair
- Overview of Indian Financial System
- History of Indian banking system.
- Recent credit and monetary policies
- Introduction to National financial institutions like RBI, SEBI, IRDA, FSDC etc
- International organizations like IMF, World Bank, ADB, UN etc.
- Abbreviations and Economic terminologies
- Banking Terms
- Important Government Schemes on capital & money market.
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus for Computer Knowledge
- Basics of Hardware and software
- Windows operating system basics
- Internet terms and services
- Basic Functionalities of MS-Office (MS-word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint)
- History of computers
- Networking and communication
- Database basics
- Basics of Hacking,
- Security Tools and Viruses.
We hope this article provides you useful information regarding the IBPS PO Mains Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2016. You must now focus on your preparation and work hard towards achieving your goal. We will keep you posted for more updates on IBPS PO Mains Exam 2016.
Also Read: Best Books for IBPS PO Exam Preparation 2016
Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS PO Recruitment 2016. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best IBPS PO Exam Preparation App for free.