IBPS PO Prelims 2018, 30 Days Study Plan: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will be conducting written examination for the recruitment of Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee vacancies in Public Sector Banks.
IBPS PO is one of the most sought-after banking jobs of the country. As of now, IBPS will hold the Probationary Officer in the month of October. Candidates should start preparing for the same as soon as possible.
Hence, to help you go with the flow, we have formulated the IBPS PO Study Plan: Crack Prelims Exam in 30 Days.
Crack IBPS PO Prelims in just 30 Days
The exam is scheduled in the month of October. We expect that by now, you must have prepared all the important topics related to IBPS PO Prelims exam. Below are some important tips and important topics from each section. You need to keep your focus on these topics and Practice.
- Quantitative section is completely based on practice as in this you required good speed with accuracy, which can only be achieved by practice.
- The calculation becomes an important part to increase speed so focus more on the speedy calculation by doing is mentally and by short tricks.
- Learn the basic concepts first and start with the easy level of questions.
- The trick to score marks in Quantitative Aptitude Section is to attempt the questions from the topics like Quadratic Equations, Simplification and Approximation first and then going for Number Series.
- After that, go for Data Interpretation as this is the topic which comprises approx. 50% of the paper. Also, now the DI is coming which is based on arithmetic topics so it becomes important to have good command on some of the arithmetic topics like Time and Work, Time, Speed and Distance, SI and CI.
- Rest questions will be from miscellaneous topics like CI & SI, Time and Work, Pipes, and Cisterns, Partnership, probability, Mensuration, etc. So if you are good with miscellaneous topics then you can go for this too.
Data Interpretation |Time and work |Number Series |Probability |Percentage | Quadratic Equation
- This section as this section is scoring one if you have control over basics.
- The trick to attempt maximum number of questions in Reasoning Section in minimum time is to attempt the difficult puzzles in the end.
- There are some topics go for them first likes Syllogism, Coding Decoding, Inequality, Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series, and Numeric Series based questions from which the set of 4-5 questions are there so, if you master these topics then defiantly you will be landing on the safer side.
- Then try to start with puzzles that appear easy to solve and proced with moderate and difficult puzzles in a similar way. So, this is how you have to manage to attempt this section.
- Practice more and more puzzles because weightage of puzzles is more. Almost every time a puzzle and sitting arrangement comes with 4-5 questions and there are 4 sets. So, overall 60% of the paper comprises of puzzle and sitting arrangement.
- Don’t get too engrossed in any question in the actual examination as you’ll have other questions to attempt as well. If you feel they are too time consuming, a smart choice will be to skip them.
Puzzle and sitting arrangement |Inequality |Coding Decoding | Syllogism | Alpha Numeric Symbol Series.
- English is not a subject but a Language and one needs proper time in order to get used to a Language. So every student have his/her own strategy to score good in this.
- As we know English of banking exams is more based on your reading skills so improve it by daily reading relevant thing rather than mastering yourself in grammar as you don’t have that much of time.
- If you are good at vocab and reading then attempt the reading comprehension first and proceed with Cloze Test and other miscellaneous topics like Error Detection, Para Jumbles, Phrase Replacement, Double Fillers, etc.
- But if you are good at grammar, attempt Reading Comprehension in the end.
- The Reading comprehension too should be attempted in a way that vocab and phrases based questions first and then the questions that need a deeper penetration through the paragraphs.
- The important topics for cloze test and error detections are subject verb agreement, preposition and verbs. These topics may help you do some other questions too that will be based on grammar.
Reading Comprehension | Cloze Test | Error Detection | Idioms and Phrases |Para Jumble | Sentence Completion |
Day-Wise Study Plan For IBPS PO Prelims
|Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Day 1||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Simplification and Approx.||Reading Comprehension||Sectional Test|
|Day 2||Syllogism||Data Interpretation||Parra Jumbles||Mock 1|
|Day 3||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Number Series||Reading Comprehension||Sectional Test|
|Day 4||Inequality||Data Interpretation||Fillers and Cloze Test||Mock 2|
|Day 5||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Quadratic Equation||Error Detection|
|Day 6||Numeric Series||Simplification and Approx.||Reading Comprehension||Sectional Test|
|Day 7||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Data Interpretation||—|
|Day 8||Blood Relation||Number Series||Phrase Replacement||Sectional Test|
|Day 9||—||Data Interpretation||Reading Comprehension||Mock 3|
|Day 10||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||—||Fillers and Cloze Test||Sectional Test|
|Day 11||Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series||Quadratic Equation||Reading Comprehension||Mock 4|
|Day 12||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Simplification and Approx.||Error Detection|
|Day 13||Direction Sense||Data Interpretation||Phrase Replacement||Sectional Test|
|Day 14||Syllogism||Miscellaneous Topics||—||Mock 5|
|Day 15||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Number Series||Parra Jumbles||Mock 6|
|Day 16||—||Data Interpretation||Error Detection|
|Day 17||Coding Decoding||—||Fillers and Cloze Test||Mock 7|
|Day 18||Alphabets and mathematical Operation Based Questions||Miscellaneous Topics||Mock 8|
|Day 19||Inequality||Miscellaneous Topics||Phrase Replacement||Mock 9|
|Day 20||—||Miscellaneous Topics||Reading Comprehension||Mock 10|
|Day 21||—||Miscellaneous Topics||—||Mock 11|
|Day 22||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Data Interpretation||—||Mock 12|
|Day 23||Order and Ranking||Miscellaneous Topics||Error Detection||Mock 13|
|Day 24||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Miscellaneous Topics||—||Mock 14|
|Day 25||Syllogism||Data Interpretation||Fillers and Cloze Test||Mock 15|
|Day 26||—||Miscellaneous Topics||—||Mock 16|
|Day 27||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Miscellaneous Topics||Mock 17|
|Day 28||—||Miscellaneous Topics||—||Mock 18|
|Day 29||Revision||Miscellaneous Topics||Revision||Mock 19|
|Day 30||Revision||Revision||Revision||Mock 20|
We hope that this article on IBPS PO Study Plan will help you to formulate your preparation scheme and score well in the IBPS PO 2018.