IBPS PO Study Plan 2017, Crack Prelims Exam in 10 Days: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will be conducting written examination for the recruitment of Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee vacancies in Public Sector Banks. This year IBPS PO examination will be conducted in the month of October. All the candidates have started preparing for the exam.
IBPS will be conducting online written examination in less than 10 days to fill up 3562 vacancies for the post of Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee . Here, we are introducing IBPS PO study plan for the upcoming 10 days to cope up with the level of written examination and crack it.
IBPS PO Study Plan 2017: Crack Prelims Exam in 10 Days
IBPS PO exam will be conducted online following a 3 tier selection process i.e Preliminary examination, Main examination, and Interview. Candidates need to qualify at each level in order to move to the next round.
IBPS PO Prelims
IBPS PO Prelims Examination is an Objective MCQ based paper with 3 sections – Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language.
|Name of the Section||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
The total time duration for all the three papers is 1 hour. Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. Shortlisted candidates for each category, meeting the specified requirements set by IBPS, will only be allowed to appear for the IBPS PO mains examination.
After visiting detailed structure of IBPS PO 2017 Prelims Examination, let us focus on the IBPS PO Study Plan outlines below, which will guide on how to crack IBPS PO Study Plan in 10 days.
Outline the Important Topics
For IBPS PO Study Plan 2017 Examination, we have earlier mentioned all of the important topics for each section. If a candidates is well-prepared in these topics, he/ she can expect a decent score in IBPS PO Preliminary Exam. Let us go deeper in our IBPS PO Study Plan.
Important Topics for IBPS PO Quantitative Aptitude
- Quadratic Equation
- Approximation/ Simplification
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Miscellaneous (Time and work, Time, Speed & Distance, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Average, Ratio & Proportion, Partnership etc.)
Important Topics for IBPS PO Reasoning Ability
- Seating Arrangment
- Miscellaneous ( Coding & Decoding, Blood Relation, Direction sense, Alphabet sequence etc.)
Important Topics for IBPS PO English Language
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Spot the Error/ Phrase Replacement/ Sentence correction
- Sentence completion (Single and Double Fillers)
Since all the important topics related to each section has been mentioned above, try to align your preparation around this. Match and understand which topics align well and where you might face issues. Do not pick an entirely new topic at this time!
Follow 60-40 Exam Strategy
Do not start searching this online. For the simplicity of the users, we are calling it ‘The 60-40 Exam Strategy’.
According to this exam strategy for IBPS PO Exam, the remainder of the time must be dedicated towards revision and practice. But, the denomination of time should be 40% revision and 60% practice.
For revision, go through the basics first. Try and revise all the essential topics you’ve worked upon over the past few weeks or months. You can also refer to our section-wise preparation tips for IBPS PO.
- IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Preparation Tips
- IBPS PO Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Tips
- IBPS PO English Language Preparation Tips
To optimally continue progressing further in the IBPS PO Study Plan to crack IBPS PO Examination, you should not exceed the time limit by dedicating any more than 40% of the remaining time towards revision.
After your revision is complete, go straight towards solving mock tests and practice papers. As per the objective of the IBPS PO Study Plan, always begin with previous year papers and then attempt the new practice tests. The major objectives behind solving IBPS PO Mock Test Papers are
- To strengthen one’s hold on major topics.
- To get in touch with the regular exam pattern and type of questions asked.
- Understand time limit while solving a test paper.
- Cope with the competition in real-time format (in case of All India Live Test).
While dedicating time towards revision and practice, make sure that you begin with revision and then go towards practice.
Optimal Mock Test Practice & Analysis Routine
Under the IBPS PO Study Plan, this basically forms as an extension to the previous rule. In your practice routine, there needs to a regular part of exam analysis. For IBPS PO preparation, you need to appear for
- IBPS PO Section-Wise Mock Test
- IBPS PO Previous Year Papers
- IBPS PO Full Length Mock Tests
- IBPS PO Speed Tests
But, all of these mock test practice sessions will amount to nothing if you do not analyse your performance regularly. For IBPS PO Study Plan, build a routine where you dedicate good time towards analysis of your performance in the mock test you’ve attempted.
Try to follow this exam strategy in the following online mock test series for IBPS PO. In the following mock test, follow this procedure to improve your chance of cracking IBPS PO.
- Attempt the online mock test for IBPS PO.
- Keep in mind both the time limit and previous year cut-off and try to score above it.
- As soon as the online mock test is complete, check your score and see where you could have attempted more.
- Check the ratio of number of questions which have been attempted correctly, the ones which are wrong and the ones which have been left unattempted.
- Analyse the time taken to attempt the entire paper with the difficulty level of the online mock test.
The reason for this extensive analysis is to get an advance answer on whether you’ll be able to crack IBPS PO Exam or not. This is where we conclude our IBPS PO Study Plan for the next 10 days.
Preparing for IBPS PO? Try our Recommended FREE Mock Test
To further improve your chances of qualifying in IBPS PO Mains Examination, make sure you’ve registered for IBPS PO Prelims All India Test 2017. The Online Mock Test will be held on 3 October and you can select a time slot as per your preference.
Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS PO Recruitment 2017.