IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Study Plan 2018:: IBPS has released the notification for the recruitment of Officer Scale 1 in the branches across the country. Approximately 20-25 Lakhs students applied for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 every time it was conducted. This year we are expecting around 28 Lakhs applicants. The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) will be conducting the IBPS RRB Preliminary Examination in the month of August.
It is essential for every candidate to crack both Prelims & Mains Examination if he/she wants to get shortlisted for IBPS RRB 2018 recruitment. Hence, with this article, we will formulate and try to follow a proper IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Study Plan for the upcoming 30 days.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Study Plan 2018: Tips to Crack Prelims in 30 days
The 30 Days Strategy and Study Plan is designed by experts who have helped many students crack the examination with a lot more comfort and ease. In today’s time, you may find a lot of materials on the internet but can you trust those study material? The answer is NO. This situation is similar to those where many people claim to know the cure but only a few people actually have the knowledge.
After the declaration of IBPS RRB Result for Preliminary Examination, a merit list will be prepared for all the shortlisted candidates for the Mains Examination for Officer Scale I Post.
In this Article, we will talk about the following points that are necessary for the Officer Scale 1 Prelims 2018 Exam Preparation:
- Exam Pattern
- What If You Are Appearing For The First Time?
- Section-wise Preparation Strategy
- Strategy to Attempt The Exam
- Recommended Mocks and Preparation Time Table
- Tips to Improve Your Attempts
Important Tip: This Study Plan and Strategy can be followed by both Fresher and Experienced candidates. You can amend this study plan based on your strengths and weaknesses.
Similar to most bank examinations, the exam pattern for IBPS RRB Prelims 2017 will be objective MCQ based. There will be 2 sections – Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude, with 40 questions each.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
The most important details regarding IBPS RRB Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme for Prelims Examination are as follows.
- The Written Examination will be bilingual i.e. English/ Hindi.
- There will be 80 questions in total, 40 from each section.
- Each question will carry 1 mark. Hence, the total score will be 80.
- For every wrong attempt, 0.25 mark will be deducted.
- The total time will be 45 minutes.
What If You Are Appearing For The First Time?
If you are appearing for the Banking Exam for the first time, then you should probably Watch video to get updated on the latest updates on the examination
Cracking Bank Exams is not a Rocket Science. If you want to be a banker, you just have to be consistent with your practice and must know what kind of questions is being asked in the exam. This might be the kind of starting you want and gradually, you will have to switch your level to the actual level of exams. To check exactly what kind of questions is being asked, do take our Free Mock Test Series.
Ensure your selection in IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 2018 with OnlineTyari.com – Here we ensure that you get best of the study material and Mock Tests at Online Tyari Store. Our team of experts has dedicatedly been involved in bringing the best content for you based on latest exam pattern.
- Study on the go and at your pace (It is all on your device) – And Test Prepared By The Experts.
- The best “Bilingual Test Taking Environment” (Available on website) – Here, you not only study but also test yourself in a real test environment.
- Formulate and evaluate your exam taking strategy – Remember, studying and practicing are not sufficient. You need more to compete with millions of other candidates.
- All India Test (AIT) – You actually want to see as to where you stand when a test is conducted at all India level, don’t you? Ours is the only platform that can help you predict your chances of getting selected.
Section-wise Preparation Strategy
The level of IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Prelims is expected somewhat Easy level. Preliminary exam will not have any surprises as per latest exams we have seen so far. In fact if you find anything difficult, then we recommend you to move on to the next question. You never know what lies ahead. Now let us look at all the sections separately in order to have a broad view of the Pattern.
Strategy For Reasoning Ability
We know how this section has evolved with time and how Sitting Arrangements and Puzzles have dominated their presence in this section. Earlier students used to rely on this section and now the attempts got reduced due to the level of difficulty. Below is the Expected Pattern of the Reasoning Section. This pattern has been derived from the latest Prelims Exam conducted by IBPS in the year 2017.
|Topics||Question Variation||No Of Questions|
|Puzzle||Circular Arrangement With 2 More Variables||10|
|Linear Arrangement With 2 More Variables|
|Assignment Puzzle With 3 Variables|
|Sitting Arrangement||Linear Arrangement||10|
|Floor Based Arrangement|
(Direction Sense, Alpha-Numeric Series, Blood Relation, Order and ranking, Coding Decoding etc.)
|You can Refer To Online Tyari Mocks In Order To Find All Such Questions That May Be Asked In The Exam.||10|
Strategy For Quantitative Aptitude
If we leave Mains Examination apart, the level of questions being asked is doable. You can save some time and increase your attempts by enhancing your Calculation Speed. Below is the Expected Pattern Of Quantitative Aptitude Section in IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Prelims Exam 2018. This pattern has been derived from the latest Prelims Exam conducted by IBPS in the year 2017.
|Topics||Question Variation||No Of Question|
|Number Series||Wrong Series/Missing Series||5|
|Data Interpretation||Tabular/Pie/Line Graph/Bar Graph||5|
|Simplification and Approximation||These are the most easy and high scoring topics. Be quick with your calculations||15|
|Quadratic Equation||Based on Inequalities||5|
|Miscellaneous Questions||Based on various Topics Of Quantitative Aptitude||10|
If you want to check your preparation level in this section, then you can attempt
Strategy to Attempt The Exam
In order to get secure a seat in IBPS RRB this year, you need to have a proper strategy. Unlike others, Successful candidates have their own set of Goals and they work smartly towards achieving it. At Online Tyari, we have been providing all the essentials required to crack the examination. In the examination, we have seen a lot of students getting panicked by some of the toughest questions and they fail to attempt the easier ones due to nervousness. To avoid such situation, we are providing you few points that will help you get used to with the Surprises and changes.
- Fix a Target Score – Although the cut off is different for different States, but targeting 65+ in IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Prelims Exam 2018 will take you to the safer side. As sectional timings have been introduced in the Pre Exam, we would suggest you to Practice English section more seriously.
- Find your strength – This can be a Game Changer for you. You will have to attempt maximum with confidence in your strongest area. If you still have not identified your strength, then its a concern. We would recommend you to start practicing the mock now.
- Develop Time Management Skill – You will have to manage the time between the Topics that are easy and the ones that are tough. You will have to keep making Impulsive Decisions for that 45 minutes and no one will be able to stop you.
- Implement A Proper Section Wise Strategy – We have shared this in the above part of the document and we are sure that you won’t be having any difficulty cracking the exam.
All the above points are very important from exam point of view. But first and foremost thing that you need to concentrate on is “PRACTICE”. If you fail to maintain the pace of preparation, then it may cause a lot of damage in the long term. We have provided a variety of Test Series based on Latest Pattern that will help you to keep up with the pace.
Recommended Mocks and Preparation Time Table
We have various Test Series based on Latest Exam Pattern and Sectional Locking. If you feel like practicing more, then you can choose any of the Test Series based on your requirements.
Since you have Enough Mocks, we would suggest you to start practicing as per 30 Days Plan as per the below table. The 30 Days Plan is specially designed by banking experts who have successfully cracked exams like SBI, LIC, IBPS and Other Public Sector Bank Exams.
|Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude|
|Day 1||Syllogism||Data Interpretation||Sectional Test|
|Day 2||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Number Series|
|Day 3||Inequality||Data Interpretation||Sectional Test|
|Day 4||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Simplification and Approx.|
|Day 5||Coding Decoding||Data Interpretation||Sectional Test|
|Day 6||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Quadratic Equation|
|Day 7||Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series||Data Interpretation||Sectional Test|
|Day 8||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Simplification and Approx.|
|Day 9||Numeric Series||Data Interpretation||Mock 1|
|Day 10||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Simplification and Approx.|
|Day 11||Alphabet Based Questions||Data Interpretation||Mock 2|
|Day 12||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||—||Mock 3|
|Day 13||Direction Sense||Miscellaneous Topics|
|Day 14||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Data Interpretation||Mock 4|
|Day 15||Inequality||Miscellaneous Topics|
|Day 16||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Number Series||Mock 5|
|Day 17||Blood Relation||Miscellaneous Topics|
|Day 18||Syllogism||Simplification and Approx.||Mock 6|
|Day 19||Order and Ranking||Miscellaneous Topics|
|Day 20||Coding Decoding||Quadratic Equation||Mock 7|
|Day 21||Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series||Miscellaneous Topics|
|Day 22||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||—||Mock 8|
|Day 23||Mock 9|
|Day 24||Mock 10|
|Day 25||Mock 11|
|Day 26||Mock 12|
|Day 27||Mock 13|
|Day 28||Mock 14|
|Day 29||Mock 15|
|Day 30||Mock 16|
Tips To Improve Your Attempts
- In final exam, it is very important for every candidate to Stick To The Strategy. But at the same time, you will have to be adaptable enough to react according to the Paper.
- Don’t spend too much time on difficult questions. You may not realize the importance of time at that point, but later you will do.
- Be confident during the exam. This is the most important tool that you will require during the exam.
Preparing for upcoming bank exam?? OnlineTyari Banking Expert, recommends following Mocks that will help you improve your performance. Below mocks have been prepared under the guidance of Experts.
Online TyariPLUS to specially assist you to overcome competitive exam hurdles and save your hard-earned rupees. OnlineTyari PLUS is a one-stop-shop for all aspirants preparing for government exams.
Benefits of TyariPLUS
- Unlimited Access to Mock Tests
- Detailed performance report
- One free counseling session
- Free monthly current affairs digest
- Ad-free experience & more