IBPS SO Study Plan 2017, Crack Prelims Exam in 10 Days: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will be conducting written examination for the recruitment of Specialist Officer. IBPS Specialist Officer Exam will be conducted on 30 and 31 December 2017.
IBPS will be conducting online written examination in less than 10 days to fill up 1315 Vacancies this year. Here, we are introducing IBPS SO study plan for the upcoming 10 days to cope up with the level of written examination and crack it.
IBPS SO Study Plan 2017
For the very first time, IBPS SO 2017 Exam will be a 3 phase process: Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, and Interview Process. Candidates need to qualify at each level in order to move to the next round. The preliminary exam will be a qualifying phase for the mains and candidates will have to clear the cut-offs of prelims to be allowed to appear for Mains exam. The preliminary exam of IBPS SO will consist of questions from English Language, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude/General Awareness based on their choice of post.
Have a good look at the proper study hours to be dedicated towards each section and then proceed to our section-wise study plan for IBPS SO Examination.
Outline the Important Topics
If a candidate is well-prepared in these topics, he/ she can expect a decent score in IBPS SO Preliminary Exam. Let us go deeper into our IBPS SO Study Plan.
Important Topics for IBPS SO Quantitative Aptitude
- Quadratic Equation
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation (Bar Graph & Line)
Important Topics for IBPS SO Reasoning Ability
- Seating Arrangement
Important Topics for IBPS SO English Language
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Correction
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks/ Para Jumbles
Important Topics for IBPS SO General Awareness
- Banking Affairs
- Current Affairs
- RBI News
- Economic News
- Banking Terminologies
- Static Knowledge
Since all the important topics related to each section has been mentioned above, try to align your preparation around this. Match and understand which topics align well and where you might face issues. Do not pick an entirely new topic at this time!
Follow 60-40 Exam Strategy
Do not start searching this online. For the simplicity of the users, we are calling it ‘The 60-40 Exam Strategy’.
According to this exam strategy for IBPS SO Exam, the remainder of the time must be dedicated towards revision and practice. But, the denomination of time should be 40% revision and 60% practice.
For revision, go through the basics first. Try and revise all the essential topics you’ve worked upon over the past few weeks or months.
IBPS SO Overall Study Tips
- Form a regular habit of reading newspapers and novels which would help you to increase your vocabulary as well as understanding at the same time. You will feel the change over the time as vocabulary cannot be improved in a single day.
- Keep practicing Reading comprehension, Para Jumbles and Cloze Test paragraphs from a book and devote at least an hour daily to these activities.
- For Grammar, keep revising the rules and write them essentially from topics like Subject-Verb Agreement, Tenses, and Active & Passive Voice.
- Study the following topics from paper-sets. Dedicate time to learn topics like one-word Substitution, Synonym/Antonyms etc.
- In Maths, compartmentalization of topics is very important. One must know the topics one is comfortable with – at least to most. One also needs to know as to what could be the level of difficulty of questions, one can handle in an examination scenario.
- GK section will be the Game Changer for the Examination as Banking Aspirants generally try to make it with the help of other sections and keeping GA section just for sectional. Current affairs is one such topic which is very vast and plays a vital role in the GK section with a number of questions asked from this topic. The candidate is expected to be well aware and informed of the happenings around the state, country and the world.
Try the given below mock test and ace in your upcoming exam:
In the following mock test, follow this procedure to improve your chance of cracking IBPS SO.
- Attempt the online mock test for IBPS SO.
- Keep in mind both the time limit and previous year cut-off and try to score above it.
- As soon as the online mock test is complete, check your score and see where you could have attempted more.
- Check the ratio of the number of questions which have been attempted correctly, the ones which are wrong and the ones which have been left unattempted.
- Analyse the time taken to attempt the entire paper with the difficulty level of the online mock test.
Here we conclude our article on IBPS SO study plan. Candidates are requested to follow 75% (practice) – 25% (revision) structure in upcoming days to grab an extra hold over the online written examination.
Stay Connected for more information regarding IBPS SO Exam 2017. To excel in IBPS Examinations, Download the Best Banking Exam Preparation App for free.