IES 2017 Recruitment: The online application for UPSC IES Indian Engineering Services 2016 is now open and eligible candidates can submit their IES Application Form. The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts IES/ ESE for recruitment into various government run institutes in the sector of Power, Railways, Roadways, Construction, Telecommunication etc.
If you wish to appear for ESE (Engineering Services Examination) 2017, read IES 2017 Notification, Eligibility, Selection Procedure with important details on the new exam pattern and steps to apply online for Indian Engineering Services Examination.
Note: The last date for submitting ESE/ IES 2017 Online Application Form is 21 October 2016 (Friday).
UPSC ESE/ IES 2017 Indian Engineering Services
For Engineering Services Examination, the posts offered will be in the field of Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. We understand that a lot of you must be first time applicants and wondering ‘What is UPSC ESE/ IES?‘
To keep it short, ESE/ IES is a combined recruitment examination conducted by UPSC for candidates who wish to work with government institutes and organisations. It is considered as the most sought-after career choice for graduate engineers in India.
The number of IES 2017 Vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is expected to be approximately 440 including 17 PH (LDCP‐12 & HI‐05) vacancies. The number of vacancies is liable to alteration. Reservations will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Physically Disabled Category in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government of India.
Selection Procedure & IES 2017 New Exam Pattern
ESE is quite different form GATE Examination. We have eloquently explained that in detail in our article on GATE vs. IES, which you can read from the box below.
Now, towards the most important piece of information, UPSC IES 2017 will follow a new exam structure for the ESE. From next year onwards, candidates have to appear for a 3 Tier selection process:
- Preliminary Exam (Objective)
- Mains Exam (Conventional)
- Personality Test/ Interview
This means that the trend of conducting 5 papers in a span of 3 days will subside. The proposed changes in the IES new exam pattern is as follows:
- ESE pattern changed from two stage selection process to a three stage one which will ease off the screening of huge number of applicants.
- Only those qualifying the preliminary stage of ESE, will be eligible for the mains examination.
- The UPSC IES new exam pattern and syllabus will include General Studies & Engineering Aptitudesubjects instead of General Ability Test.
- Both the objective papers of the engineering disciplines have been combined to a single paper carrying a total of 300 marks.
- Weightage of marks for conventional papers has increased to 300 marks.
- The cumulative score of the candidates will be deduced by adding the marks of prelims and mains exam (from a total of 1100 marks) and Interview (200 marks). This means that total marks has been increased in the new IES exam pattern by 100 marks i.e. from 2017, ESE will be of 1300 marks.
- Under the IES new exam pattern, the total time to solve the papers of ESE is 11 hours.
To have a better idea of IES New Exam Pattern 2017, read our detailed article from below.
Read More: IES New Exam Pattern 2017
Please keep in mind that IES/ ESE All India Recruitment Examination is regarded as one of the toughest ones to crack as the chances of getting recruited are 1:300 or sometimes even worse than that. Hence, qualifying in a recruitment examination as grand as ESE/ IES 2017 would mean an achievement in the highest order.
The Recruitment through ESE/ IES 2017 will be made to the Services/ Posts under the following categories
- Category I: Civil Engineering
- Category II: Mechanical Engineering
- Category III: Electrical Engineering
- Category IV: Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
After qualifying in IES/ ESE, the selected candidate gets appointed as Assistant Executive Engineer in various departments under the Central Government of India. This is a highly respectable Group B/ Group C Post. The recruited candidates will be eligible for the following.
- Indian Railway Service of Engineers.
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Civil Engineering Posts).
- Central Engineering Service.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Civil Engineering Post)
- Central Engineering Service (Roads), Group-A (Civil Engineering Posts).
- Central Water Engineering Service Gr ‘A’ (Civil Engineering Posts)
- Survey of India Group ‘A’ Service.
- AEE(Civil Engg Posts) in Border Roads Engineering Service Gr ‘A’.
- AEE(Civil) of P&T Building Works Gr ‘A’ Service.
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers.
- AEE(QS&C) in Military Engineer Service(MES) Surveyor Cadre
- Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers.
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- Central Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- AEE in Geological Survey of India Gr ‘A’ Engineering Service.
- Central Water Engineering Service Gr ‘A’ (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- AEE (Mech Engineering Posts) in Border Roads Engineering Service Gr ‘A’.
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade-I (Mechanical Engineering Posts) in Indian Navy.
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers.
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
- Central Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Electrical Engineering Posts).
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers.
- Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade-I(Electrical Engg. Posts) in Indian Navy.
- AEE Gr ‘A’ (Electrical Engg. Posts) in Corps of EME, Min of Defence. 3
- Central Power Engineering Service Gr ‘B’ (Electrical Engineering Posts)
- Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers.
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Telecommunication/Electronics Engineering Posts).
- Indian Inspection Service (Asst. Dir. Grade-I).
- Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Electronics and Telecom Engineering Posts).
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics and Telecom Engineering Posts).
- Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade-I (Electronics and Telecom Engg. Posts) in Indian Navy.
Now, let us redirect our attention towards other essential details regarding ESE/ IES Recruitment 2017.
UPSC ESE/ IES 2017 Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for ESE/ IES 2017, a candidate must fulfil the basic eligibility criteria set by Indian Engineering Services for recruiting graduate engineers to various Group B/ Group C Posts.
Age Limit: The candidate’s age must be between 21 to 30 years as on 1st January 2017. The age relaxation has been set as per government rules and norms.
Minimum Educational Qualification: The basic requirement in terms of educational qualification is, the candidate must be a Graduate in Engineering (B.Tech/ B.E.) from a recognized university. Final year students can also appear in IES 2017.
Are you eligible for ESE/ IES 2017? If yes, follow this application procedure to submit IES 2017 Application Form online.
UPSC ESE/ IES 2017: How to Apply
The UPSC ESE/ IES Application Form has to be submitted online through UPSC official website www.upsconline.nic.in. The application fees for ESE/ IES 2017 is
- General and OBC candidates – Rs. 200
- SC, ST, PH and Female candidates – No Application Fee
The candidates can make payment through online mode or offline mode. The Online Payment Mode can be done through Credit Card, Debit Card and Internet Banking and the Offline Payment Mode was e-Challan through any branch of SBI.
Steps to submit UPSC IES 2017 Application Form online
Before you initiate the application process, make sure you have scanned copies of your passport sized photograph as well as signature in your computer/ laptop.
- Log on to UPSC website www.upsconline.nic.in
- The UPSC IES 2016 Application Form has two-parts, begin with Part 1 here.
- Fill up application form with all necessary details.
- Check the all details carefully and press submit button.
- Online application System will now generate the registration number.
- Use this Registration Number and enter this Part II of Application Form.
- Begin Part II here. You need Registration Number and Date of Birth to Proceed.
- Get the printout of the online challan and pay the fee to your nearest SBI bank.
- Fill the challan number and registration number and press enter.
- Take the print out of the system generated reference number/form for the future use.
Stay connected for more information regarding UPSC IES Recruitment 2017. To excel in Engineering Exams, download the Best IES Preparation App for free.
If you have any doubts or queries, please post them in the comment section below. For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.