IPPB Officer Scale 1 vs Bank PO: Earlier, we shared an article comparing SBI SO with IBPS SO. The comparison was made in terms of job profile, salary, Exam Pattern and work environment. Read more about it through this link.
In this article, we will compare IPPB Officer Scale 1 with Bank PO. The analysis will be based on job profile, pay scale and Work Culture. We hope this will help candidates in identifying the right career for themselves. So, let us start with the Pay Scales.
IPPB Officer Scale 1 vs Bank PO: Job Profile
Following the earlier procedure, we will begin our analysis by comparing job profiles of an IPPB Officer and a Bank PO . First up, IPPB Officer Scale 1!
IPPB Officer Scale 1: Job Profile
Let us try to sum up IPPB Officer Scale 1 job responsibilities in few points:
- Assistant Branch Managers at India Post Payments Banks are responsible for the smooth running of their assigned branch every day. They’re supposed to manage the day to day operations.
- They need to ensure the bank is running as per the rules and regulations set by the RBI and steer clear of any kind of violation of the regulations.
- They are in charge of sales of the third party products such as mutual funds and insurance and ensure profitability without offering loans.
- The Assistant Managers also need to coordinate the various customer service points and with the business correspondents.
- They need to assist the Bank Manager to prepare audit reports periodically.
Bank PO: Job Description
You need to crack IBPS PO or SBI PO Exam. The selection process is completed in 2 steps.
- SBI/ IBPS PO CWE (Common Written Examination)
- Interview of Shortlisted Candidates
Once you are recruited as a PO or MT, you will be on probation for atleast 2 years. During this time, a Probationary Officer gets assigned a number of tasks and duties related to Banking Processes. Some of the tasks and duties assigned to a Bank PO are:
- Customer Service/ Relationship
- Professional Link Building
- Document and Account Verification
- Banking Process Management like Cash Counters, Authorization of Transactions etc.
As a Bank PO, you have multiple verticals to work upon, which opens doors to various career prospects. Now we move to the next round in IPPB Officer Scale 1 vs Bank PO, which is, salary package comparison.
IPPB Officer Scale 1 vs Bank PO– Pay Scale
Let us start with the pay scale of IPPB Officer Scale 1 salary and allowances.
IPPB Officer Pay Scale
A career with India Post Payments Bank is both rewarding as well as challenging. But, this will in no way entitle you to make any less money than a prominent bank job.
IPPB Scale-I Officer Salary: Rs. 23,700 – 42,020
*Approximate monthly salary calculated at the start of the scale inclusive of Dearness Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance & other allowances at “A” Category cities.
The India Post Payments Bank Officers will also receive Performance Pay as per the criteria defined by the India Post Payments Bank from time to time and are also entitled to retirement and terminal benefits as per India Post Payments Bank policy.
Bank PO Pay Scale
Over here we will discuss the salary package given to a Bank PO. This pay package will be all inclusive. It means the salary mentioned below includes Basic Pay, DA, TDA, CCA and HRA.
- Bank PO Pay Scale: Rs. 23700 – 42,020
We can clearly see that the average pay package to a Bank PO and IPPB Officer Scale 1 is the same. Hence, we conclude this round between IPPB Officer Scale 1 vs Bank PO as a tie. Now we will move to another important comparative vertical, Work Culture and Environment. Let us analyze.
IPPB Officer Scale 1 vs Bank PO– Work Culture Environment
IPPB Officer and Bank PO Work Culture is pretty much the same. Hence, we will analyse both in a single go. It is necessary to understand the expanse of a career you wish to pursue before you pursue it. As we already know, you have a lot of options at the entry level. But these options can also make your life a challenge at times. So after breaking down the pros and cons, we get:
- Highly Energetic Environment. Something new is always up.
- New things to learn, from banking processes to client management.
- In time, added perks, like transportation cover and assistant to keep you upto speed.
- While handling multiple work assignments, work life can become hectic.
- Client Relationship gets challenging in Rural Areas due to lack of understanding of banking rules and norms by the people living there.
Thus, if you are a person looking for a real challenge, Career as a Bank PO or IPPB Officer will not disappoint you. So, here we are summing up article on IPPB Officer Scale 1 vs Bank PO: Job Profile, Salary, Work Culture.
If there are any further queries, please mention in the comment section below. Stay connected for more information regarding Public Sector Banks Recruitment 2016. To excel in Banking Examinations, download the Best Bank Exam Preparation App for free.
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.