JPSC Prelims Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2016-17: Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) has issued notification for the recruitment of candidates in various departments under Jharkhand Administration. The total number of vacancies for the JPSC 2016-17 is 326.
The Application filling procedure for JPSC examination started on 7th October. The last date to apply for the JPSC 2016-17 exam is 28 October 2016. Most of the candidates would be busy with their preparation. The very first step is to get familiar with JPSC Prelims Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2016-17.
JPSC Prelims Exam Pattern
The Examination structure for JPSC Recruitment 2016 will follow a three phase selection process:
- JPSC Preliminary Exam
- JPSC Mains Exam
Let us focus on the initial phase i.e JPSC Prelims written examination.
- The JPSC Prelims Exam will consist of 2 papers namely, General Studies Paper I and Paper II.
- JPSC Exam will comprise 200 MCQ objective type questions.
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- JPSC paper will be set in both English and Hindi.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Studies Paper I||100||200||120 Minutes|
|General Studies Paper II||100||200||120 Minutes|
After getting in touch with JPSC Prelims Exam pattern, let us now head towards JPSC Prelims Syllabus 2016-17.
JPSC Prelims General Studies Paper I Syllabus
JPSC Exam will comprise 2 papers of General Studies i.e Paper I and Paper II. General studies exam will include various sub topics based on general awareness. Let us go through JPSC Prelims Syllabus in detail. JPSC Prelims Exam questions will be based on the following topics.
As stated above, JPSC will conduct two General Studies paper namely Paper I and Paper II. Let us first go through the syllabus for JPSC General Studies Paper I.
- Ancient India (5 Questions)
- Medieval India (5 Questions)
- Modern India (5 Questions)
Geography of India
- General Geography (3 Questions)
- Physical Geography (3 Questions)
- Economical Geography (2 Questions)
- Social and Demographic Geography (2 Questions)
Indian Polity and Governance
- Constitution of India (4 Questions)
- Public Administration and Good Governance (4 Questions)
- Decentralization: Panchayats and Municipalities (2 Questions)
Economic and Sustainable Development
- Basic features of Indian Economy (4 Questions)
- Sustainable Development and Economic Issues (4 Questions)
- Economic reforms and Globalization (2 Questions)
Science and Technology
- General Science (6 Questions)
- Agriculture and Technology (6 Questions)
- Information and Communication Technology (3 Questions)
- History, Society, Culture and heritage (10 Questions)
- National and international events (15 Questions)
Miscellaneous (15 Questions)
- Human Rights
- Environmental Protection
- Bio Diversity and Climate change
- Disaster Management
- Poverty and unemployment
- United Nations and Other International Agencies
A total of 15 questions will be asked from General Studies Miscellaneous topic.
JPSC Prelims General Studies Paper II Syllabus
As stated above, JPSC will conduct two General Studies papers namely Paper I and Paper II. After the detailed study of Paper I syllabus, let us now move to the syllabus for JPSC General Studies Paper II. JPSC General Studies Paper II will have questions focusing on Jharkhand state. Let us go through JPSC General Studies blueprint for Paper II:
History of Jharkhand (8 Questions)
- Munda Administration (1 Question).
- Naagvanshi Administration (1 Question)
- Padha Panchyat Administration (1 Question).
- Manjhi Paragna Administration (1 Question).
- Munda Manki Administration (1 Question).
- Dhakli Sohor Administration (1 Question).
- Communal Panchayat Administration (1 Question).
Jharkhand Movement ( 7 Questions)
- Sadan of Jharkhand (1 Question).
- Tribes of Jharkhand (1 Question).
- Freedom Fighters of Jharkhand (1 Question).
- Significance of Jharkhand (2 Question).
- Jharkhand Movement and State Organizations ( 2 Questions).
Specific Identities of Jharkhand ( 5 Questions)
- Social Scenario (1 Question).
- Cultural Scenario (1 Question).
- Political Scenario (1 Question).
- Economic Scenario (1 Question).
- Religious Specific identities (1 Question).
Folklore/Folk Literature, Dance, Musical instruments, Tourist Places, Tribal Culture of Jharkhand (5 Questions)
- Folklore/Folk Literature (1 Question).
- Traditional Arts and Folk Dances (1 Question).
- Folk Music and Instruments (1 Question).
- Tourist Places, Natural Archeological, Historical, Religious and Modern Places (1 Question).
- Scheduled Castes and Tribes and and their specialities (1 Question).
Literature and Authors of Jharkhand (5 Questions)
Important Educational institutions of Jharkhand(3 Questions)
Sports of Jharkhand (5 Questions)
Jharkhand Land Related Laws/Acts(12 Questions)
- Chhota Nagpur Tenancy (5 Questions).
- Santhal Paragna Tenancy (5 Questions).
- Other State wise Acts (2 Questions).
History of Economic Development in 1947, Geography of Jharkhand- Forests, Rivers, Hills and Mountains, Mines and Minerals (10 Questions)
Industrial Policies of Jharkhand- Displacement and Rehabilitation and Other Policies (6 Questions)
Important Industries Their Name , Placeand Industrial Development (5 Questions)
Important Schemes and Subschemes(5 Questions)
Forest Management and Wild Life Animal Protection (5 Questions)
Climatic Facts, Climate Changes,Migration and Adoption of Jharkhand(7 Questions)
Disaster Management in Jharkhand(5 Questions)
Trivia and Current Affairs of Jharkhand(7 Questions)
This was all about JPSC Prelims Syllabus 2016-17. Try to align your preparation with the upper given JPSC Prelims Syllabus to elate your examinations skills. Practice topic wise JPSC Prelims Syllabus to increase your chance of getting shortlisted.
Here we are concluding our article on JPSC Prelims Syllabus Exam Pattern 2016-17. If you have any queries/ doubts, post them in the comment section below.
Stay connected for more information regarding JPSC Recruitment 2016-17. To excel in State Exams, download the Best State Exam Preparation App for free.