Mathematics Questions Asked in Railway ALP Exam 2018: Railway Recruitment Board conducted the biggest exam of the country i.e RRB Assistant Loco Pilot. RRB has conducted the said examination in multiple shifts
Meanwhile, this article focuses on the maths questions asked in Railway ALP Exam 2018 Exam and the correct answers for each of those. These questions have been submitted by the candidates who’ve attempted the Railway ALP Examination this year.
Mathematics Questions Asked in Railway ALP Exam 2018
Questions from Mathematics ranged from Easy to Moderate. Maths Section was comprised of 20 Questions. The following questions have been submitted on our forums and we are providing the appropriate answers for each.
- If = 25, then the value of 16 ×
16 x 25/1000 =400/1000 =0.4
- The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 8 and the product of the digits is 12. What is the difference between the digits of that number?
a + b =8
(a+b)2 – (a-b)2 =4ab
(a-b)2 =64 -48 =16
- In an hour a boat goes 10 Km along the stream and 4 Km against the stream. The speed of the boat in still water (in Kmph) is:
Downstream = 10 km/hr
Upstream = 4 km/hr
Speed of boat in still water = (10+4)/2 =7 km/hr.
- A and B working together can complete a work in 12 days, B and C working together will complete the work in 15 days, C and A working together can complete the work in 20 days. If all three work together, in how many days the work can be completed?
Let total work be LCM of (12, 15 and 20) = 60 units.
One day work of A and B = 60/12 =5 units
One day work of B and C = 60/15 =4 units
One day work of C and A = 60/20 =3 units
One day work of A, B and C =(5 + 4 + 3)/2 =6 units
Work completed by A, B and C together in = 60/6 =10 days.
- In a circle, the cord AB = 12 cm and AB extended to C and CD is tangent to circle. If CD = 8 cm then the value of BC is:
- CB =CD2
(12+x) x = 82
12x + x2 = 64
x2 +12x -64 =0
x2 + 16x -4x -64 =0
x(x+16) – 4(x+16)=0
- A is three times efficient than B, B completes total work in 12 days. In how many days will 4 times efficient of B and 8 times efficient of A will complete the task?
Let one day work of B = 1 units.
Total work = 12 units
One day work of A = 3 units
One day work of who is 4 times efficient than B = 4 units.
One day work of who is 8 times efficient than A = 24 units.
Required days =12/(4 + 24) =12/28 =3/7 days.
- What is the simple interest on Rs 1600 at the rate of 5% per annum in 6 years?
SI = (PRT)/100 =(1600 x 5 x 6)/100 =Rs 480
- The present age of Arun and Deepa is 5: 6. After 8 years the ratio of their age becomes 6: 7. What is the present age of Deepa?
Let present age of Arun be 5x and Deepa be 6x.
(5x+8)/ (6x + 8) = 6/7
35x +56 =36x + 48
x = 8, present age of Deepa = 6x =48 years
- The ratio between the present ages of A and B is 8: 9. If B is 5 years older than A, then what be the ratio of ages of A and B after 5 years?
Let present age of A and B be 8x and 9x.
9x -8x = 5 => x =5
Required ratio =(8x +5): (9x+5) =45: 50 =9:10
- In a triangle ABC, D and E are points on AB and AC respectively. If AD =6 cm, DB =8 cm AE = 12 cm and DE|| BC, then find the value of EC.
- Find the square root of 15376.
- Deepa and Seema together do a work in 6 days. Deepa can complete the same work alone in 9 days. In how many days will Seema complete the work alone?
Let total work be LCM of 6 and 9 =18 units.
One day work of Deepa and Seema = 18/6 =3 units.
One day work of Deepa =18/9 =2 units.
One day work of Seema =3-2=1 units.
Seema complete the work alone = 18/1 =18 units.
- A 120 miter long train takes 10 sec to cross a man standing on a platform. The speed of the train is:
Speed of train =distance/time= 120/10 =12 m/s
=12 x 18/5 =43.2 km/hr.
- A shopkeeper bought an article and marked 20% above the cost price. If he sold the article at 10% profit and earn Rs 96, then the marked price of the article is:
10% of CP = 96
CP =Rs 960
Marked Price = 1.20 x 960 =Rs 1152
- 120% of a number is 150, what is the 300% of that number?
120% of x = 150
x = 125
Required answer =300% of 125 = 375
- What is the compound interest of Rs 12000 at the rate of 20% per annum for 2 years?
Compound interest for two years = 20 + 20 + (20 x 20)/100 =44%
Compound interest = 44% of 12000 = Rs 5280
- The ratio of three numbers are 7: 12 :15. If HCF of these three numbers is 5, then what is the LCM of these numbers?
LCM = 7 x 12 x 15 x 5 =6300
- Average of 9 numbers is 41. If average of first 5 numbers is 45 and last 5 numbers is 38, then find the fifth number.
Required number = 5 x 45 + 5 x 38 -9 x 41
=225 + 190 -369 =415 – 369 = 46
- What is the diameter of a sphere of surface area 704 cm2?
20. Find the value of tan71o tan60o tan45o tan19o
Here we conclude our article. Stay Tuned for the latest updates on Assistant Loco Pilot Examination.