NIACL AO Prelims 2018: NIACL is going to recruit candidates for the post of Administrative Officer for a total of 312 posts. Many of the candidates have submitted their application online & its time to initiate exam preparation. NIACL will conduct the exam in the month of January 2018.
In order to secure good marks and qualify in NIACL AO Exam, here is a proper study plan on How to prepare for NIACL AO Prelims English Language Section 2018. But first let us provide you a brief view of the exam pattern.
How to Prepare for NIACL AO English Language 2018
The Online Computer Based Test (CBT) for NIACL AO Prelims 2018 will be conducted in objective MCQ pattern. This test would be of 60 minutes duration consisting of 3 sections- English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.
Candidates’ understanding of the Basics of English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability would be tested.
Here we are giving you some important topics out of these which will surely help you maximize your score:
- Cloze Test
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Completion
- Spoting Errors
Now, We are going to highlight the tips for all of these topics one by one so that we can concentrate on each and every aspect individually.
NIACL AO Prelims English Language: Preparation Tips for Reading Comprehension
NIACL AO English Language Section is predominantly filled with RC questions. Hence, to secure good marks, you need to be a pro at solving reading comprehension question.
- Read the entire passage carefully and then read all the questions.
- Do not try to attempt questions straight-away without reading and only referring to the passage for each question. Read the passage first and then answer the referenced questions.
- For Synonyms and Antonyms in NIACL AO Prelims English Language Section, refer to the line in which they are mentioned and try to infer their meaning by analyzing the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
NIACL AO Prelims English Language: Preparation Tips for Cloze Passage
An aspirant with a sound understanding of English Grammar and basic sentence structuring can easily solve Cloze Passage questions in English Language Section.
- Read the passage and go according to the flow.
- Cloze Test are considered to be one of the easiest questions, only if attempted properly. Though it can prove to be complicated as one error can cost you a lot of marks as all the blanks that are to be filled are inter-related.
- If you are confused or are unsure about any particular blank that you have to fill, just avoid it and go for the next one. If you are able to fill in the next blank, then you can come back to the previous one and try again by co-relating.
NIACL AO Prelims English Language: Preparation Tips for Fill in the Blanks
- Here, you can try the Elimination approach by eliminating the less-favorable options. This will make it easier for you to choose the correct answer.
- You can also go with rule-the-odd-one-out-strategy. Think logically and rule-out the option which is less likely to comply with the sentence.
NIACL AO Prelims English Language: Preparation Tips for Spotting the Error
Most of the errors in spotting errors questions have common grammatical mistakes. To solve spotting errors questions effectively, you need to be aware of the basic grammar rules.
NIACL AO Prelims English Language: Preparation Tips for Sentence Correction
- Understand the sentence and if you can decipher the meaning of the sentence, it will be easier for you to correct the sentence.
- Try segregating the sentence in to two sentences and then try to combine them after correcting each.
- Look for connecting words that form a pair and arrange them accordingly to form a sentence which is meaningful.
NIACL AO Prelims English Language: Preparation Tips for Parajumbles
- Analyze the theme of each para jumble and then try to restoring the paragraph in the right order.
- Try to synchronize the course of events in the form of activities based on logic so as to what is done first followed by others.
- Try to spot articles (a, the, etc.), connectives, pronouns (they, he, she, etc.) and adjectives. These will help you to deduce the sequence of events.
You can never be fully confident about a paper unless you solve the actual one, and the sample papers are the best ‘net practice’ for you before the real match.
Candidates who will be appearing for NIACL AO Exam can go through these golden study tips on How to prepare for NIACL AO English Language Section 2018. Stay connected for more info as we would come up with our own list of Focus Areas in a later blog post.