How to Prepare for DMRC SC/ TO Quantitative Aptitude: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) has called applications for the recruitment of vacancies for the post of Station Controller/ Train Officer (SC/ TO) among many other posts in DMRC for the upcoming year 2016-17.
DMRC has issued a sum total of 662 vacancies for the post of DMRC SC/ TO. The Postcode for SC/TO post is NE01. We are providing some crucial tips and tricks to be followed to prepare for DMRC SC/ TO Quantitative Aptitude section efficiently. In this article, we will cover all the information related to DMRC SC/ TO Quantitative Aptitude preparation.
DMRC SC/ TO Exam Pattern and Structure 2016
A candidate has to clear four under given exam levels to get shortlisted for DMRC SC/ TO post. These are as follows:
- Level I is a Written Test (two papers)
- Level II is a Psychology Test (qualifying)
- Level III is Personal Interview
- Level IV is Medical examination in Aye-one category
It is important for all the candidates to understand the way questions are asked in the exam and what structure each paper follows. It is important for you to understand the DMRC SC/ TO Exam Pattern for level I i.e written test.
DMRC SC/ TO Written Test
The DMRC SC/ TO Exam Pattern comprises a written examination containing two papers i.e. Paper I and Paper II. The total duration of the exam is 2 hours 15 mins. Paper I is of 90 minute duration while Paper II is of 45 minute duration.
- Paper I is an objective type paper and has multiple choice questions. It contains a total of 120 questions from areas like General Science, General Awareness including Computer Awareness, Logical Ability, Numerical Ability and Reasoning.
- Paper II again is an objective type paper having multiple choice questions. It contains a total of 60 questions from the topic General English. Questions are sets of different topics like comprehension, adverb, parts of speech, preposition, direct and indirect speech, active and passive voice, synonyms and antonyms.
Those who will be able to qualify in both the papers of DMRC SC/ TO exam will be shortlisted for the merit list. Let us now focus on the core of this article i.e How to Prepare for DMRC SC/ TO Quantitative Aptitude.
How to Prepare for DMRC SC/ TO Quantitative Aptitude
After a detailed study of DMRC SC/ TO 2016 Exam pattern, we are now shifting to the nucleus of this article i.e how to prepare for DMRC SC/ TO quantitative aptitude.
A candidate develops ample of questions in his/her mind when it comes to exam preparation. Each aspirant must be able to answer the following questions after they’ve read this article on How to Prepare for DMRC SC/ TO quantitative aptitude.
How to prepare for DMRC SC/ TO Quantitative Aptitude?
Can I prepare for DMRC SC/ TO Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise?
Which topics in Quantitative Aptitude section are easy to crack?
First step towards DMRC SC/ TO preparation is knowing what to prepare. Here is a comprehensive overview at the important topics for DMRC SC/ TO Quantitative Aptitude Section.
|Topic||Expected No. of Questions|
|Time & Work||3|
|Time & Distance||3|
|Geometry – Angles and Theorem based||7|
|Ratio and Proportion||5|
|Area and Volume||4|
|Equations (Second and Third Degree)||5|
Candidate must prepare for DMRC SC/ TO Quantitative Aptitude section according to the particular weightage of the topics. Aspirants just need to focus more on the upper given topics and practice accordingly. Now, let’s have a look at some preparation tips and strategy on How to Prepare for DMRC SC/ TO Quantitative Aptitude 2016.
Preparation Tips for DMRC SC/ TO Quantitative Aptitude Section
Here are some crucial tips and tricks for aspirants who are preparing for DMRC SC/ TO Quantitative Aptitude Section:
- Memorize all the tables, square, cubes and square roots efficiently. This will help save time during the examination.
- It’s important to be aware of all the basic theories and formulas from all the chapters. So, build your basics with the help from reference books and related study material.
- Always condense your study notes by creating summary notes. Highlight the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them. Summary notes are a great way to aid powerful revisions.
- Planning ahead for syllabus completion is a good strategy for the exam. Make a proper study plan for the topics of higher significance and prepare accordingly.
- Remembering short tricks for solving the Quantitative Aptitude section can be very useful. Familiarize yourself with these tricks and make separate notes for them.
- Practice with previous years’ question papers and mock tests. Closely analyse previous years papers. This will help you in maintaining a constant speed which is to be followed in the examination hall as well.
We hope that this article will help you formulate your preparation scheme and score well in the DMRC SC/ TO quantitative aptitude section.
Stay connected for more information regarding Delhi Metro Recruitment 2016. To excel in Railway Examinations, download the Best Railways Exam Preparation App for free.