How to Prepare for General Aptitude for UKPSC Exam 2016: Uttarakhand Public Services Commission (UKPSC) conducts the UKPSC Lower Subordinate Exam for recruiting candidates in various departments of Uttarakhand Lower Subordinate Services. This is a big opportunity for all those looking for government jobs in the state of Uttarakhand.
There has been no official announcement regarding the date of the examination. But, you must start preparing for the UKPSC preliminary exam as soon as possible. In this article, we will be guiding you on how to prepare for General Aptitude Section for UKPSC Exam 2016.
General Aptitude Section in UKPSC Prelims 2016
The UKPSC Lower Subordinate Exam comprises of 3 stages i.e Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in all the 3 stages. The exam pattern for UKPSC prelims is mentioned below:
|Subject||Maximum Marks||No of Questions|
|General Studies & General Aptitude Test||150||150|
In General Aptitude Section, there will be a total of 50 questions carrying one mark each. The question paper will have Objective MCQ based questions set in both English and Hindi languages. For a complete information on UKPSC lower subordinate exam pattern, follow the link.
General Aptitude can be a very scoring subject if you study for it efficiently. It covers both verbal and non verbal types of questions. This section has the ability to improve your overall UKPSC exam score. Thus, you can not take this subject lightly and you need to give it equal attention. Head over to our section on how to prepare for general aptitude for useful tips and exam strategy.
How to Prepare for General Aptitude for UKPSC Exam 2016
General Aptitude requires an in-depth study of all the topics of Reasoning and Mathematics. In order to excel in this particular subject, you need to prepare from a variety of reference books and study material. You need to keep your basics strong. For that, you must study mathematics from both R.S Aggarwal and NCERT books of Classes 8th, 9th and 10th.
General Aptitude is set to test candidate’s ability to deal with abstract ideas, symbols & their relationships, arithmetical computations and other analytical functions. Some of the most important topics for general aptitude section are given below:
- Similarities & Differences
- Space Visualization
- Relationship Concepts
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Verbal and Figure Classification
- Arithmetical Number Series
You need to concentrate more on these topics as there are higher chances of them appearing in the exam. First and Foremost, you need to clear your basics/ concepts relating to each topic. Have a look at some of the tips and tricks that can assist you while you prepare for general aptitude for UKPSC.
Important Tips and Tricks for General Aptitude Section
If we analyze deeply, one requires around 45 minutes to attempt this section. The best strategy for general aptitude is to start with easy questions first. Never start with puzzles, complex arrangements or any other mind-boggling topics. There are several other tips to keep in mind when you prepare for general aptitude section. Have a look at these:
- Learn the basics by studying from reference books. Read and understand the basics behind each topic. This way you will be able to grasp the concepts which will help you in solving the questions easily.
- Don’t try to cover everything included in syllabus. Just focus on the important topics which carry a high weightage of marks.
- Solve various math puzzles like sudoku which will help in logical building.
- Start preparing topic by topic and then make yourself clear with questions under general aptitude that is among your strength. Segregate the topics which you are weak in and practice those every day.
- Solve previous year’s questions papers to understand the pattern of questions which are asked in the exam.
- Focus on accuracy and speed. Solve various mock tests available online by setting a timer for yourself. This practice is the most beneficial one and guarantees proper time management. You must dedicate 2-3 hours daily for general aptitude section.
- Lastly, revise whatever you learn throughout the week.
We hope these preparation tips and exam strategy on how to prepare for General Aptitude for UKPSC exam proves beneficial to you.