How to Prepare for IBPS PO Reasoning Ability 2017: The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) will conduct IBPS CWE PO/ MT Recruitment Examination in the month of October 2018 to recruit eligible candidates for the post of Probationary Officer.
Studying for the IBPS exam can be a difficult task. In order to secure good marks, we are sharing some tips on How to Prepare for Reasoning Ability in IBPS PO. This article will highlight the types of questions, the crucial topics which require more practice and preparation tips for Reasoning Section in IBPS PO Exam.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2018 (Prelims)
The Preliminary Examination for IBPS CWE PO/ MT will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT) and the pattern will be Objective MCQ type. There will be 100 questions in total from 3 sections – English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability. For the first time, IBPS has introduced sectional timings
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2018: Sectional Timings Introduced
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. An adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
How to Prepare for IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Section 2018
Questions based on Reasoning Ability are fun to solve, provided you really know and understand the problem. Based on previous year IBPS PO Prelims analysis 2017, there were 35 Questions asked from Reasoning Ability Section. The question-wise break up for IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Section was as follows:
|Name of the Topic||No. of Questions||Level of Difficulty|
|Sitting Arrangements & Puzzles||20||Moderate|
Here we are giving you some important topics out of these which will surely help you prepare for IBPS PO Reasoning & maximize your score:
- Decision Making
- Word Formation
- Series, Decoding & Coding
- Blood Relation
- Symbol & Notation
- Statement & Conclusion
- Sitting Arrangement
The IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Section is quite massive. So, there can be a chance that you might miss out on a few scoring topics. Questions based on Reasoning Ability are fun to solve, provided you really know and understand the problem. Let us now go through each topic of reasoning ability section-
How to Prepare for Seating Arrangement and Puzzle Test
Candidates must practice seating arrangement and puzzle test problems as these problems appear in sets of 5-5 questions almost every year in IBPS Examination.
- Seating Arrangement Problems consist of people seating around a roundtable “facing towards the center of the table’, “Facing away from the center of the table” and a combination of both. You need the practice to solve such questions. However, ‘facing towards the center of the table’ questions are more likely to come in Prelims examination.
- Also, while solving seating arrangement problems, one needs to ask himself/ herself this question – ‘Can I solve this in optimal time?’
- Puzzle Test Problems require a lot of practice. One must be able to analyze the total number of variables in the problems. Don’t try to solve Puzzles orally, always make a rough diagram for the same. It will make things easier.
How to Prepare for Syllogism Questions
Questions based on syllogism are totally based upon Logic. To ensure a better score in this section, you can use the following techniques.
- Venn Diagrams are the best and the quickest way to solve such type of questions easily. However, sometimes a question can have a lot of Venn diagrams.
- In this case, one should draw the easiest figure in order to solve the question in the minimum amount of time.
- Practice as much as you can to understand the various types of Syllogism Questions.
How to Prepare for Coding Decoding Questions
- Questions on coding-decoding are very easy to solve. Coding is a process of conversion of original word or sentence or collection of character into some other form by following certain logic or rule. The resultant is known as Code.
- In order to solve such questions you just have to find the logic or rule that is being followed by comparing the given words/ sentences/ characters.
- There are a number of variations in Coding Decoding Questions. So, it is next to impossible to solve questions based on them without proper practice.
How to Prepare for Blood Relation Questions
- Questions on blood relationships are very common in competitive exams. In such type of questions, a roundabout description is given in the form of certain small relationships and direct relationship between the persons concerned is to be deciphered.
- Questions based on blood relation may appear confusing but it is easier to answer if one breaks the questions into parts and analyze it with the help of a diagram.
- Apply blood relation question on your family structure. This will make things clear to you.
How to Prepare for Analogy Questions
- In questions based on Analogy, a particular relationship is given and another similar relationship has to be identified from the alternatives given.
- The Analogy Reasoning Questions are both verbal as well as non-verbal. However, there is a very less chance that will contain Non-verbal analogy questions. In verbal questions, a relationship is given and you have to find out the similar relationship from the given alternatives.
Statement- Assumptions, Statement-Conclusion, Statement- Arguments, Statement- Courses of Action – you may get one or two problems from these.
Try our Recommended FREE Mock Test & Prepare for IBPS PO Reasoning section efficiently:
We hope this article on ‘How to Prepare for IBPS PO Reasoning Ability 2018 helps you in cracking the IBPS CWE PO/ MT Recruitment Examination.