How to Prepare for NIACL Assistant Reasoning Ability Section 2017: New India Assurance Company Limited released a notification to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant (Class III). In its official notification, NIACL has mentioned a sum total of 984 vacancies for the post of Assistant. The last date to submit online application is 29 March, 2017.
Many of the candidates have submitted their application online & its time to initiate exam preparation. In order to secure good marks and qualify in NIACL Exam, here is a proper study plan on How to prepare for NIACL Assistant Reasoning Ability Section 2017. But first let us provide you a brief view of the exam pattern.
NIACL Assistant Exam Pattern
Its obviously important to go through NIACL Assistant exam pattern before dwelling on study tips for exam preparation. A candidate must align his/ her preparation with the pattern & structure of the upcoming examination.
NIACL Assistant Exam Pattern for Prelims
|Name of the Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
Here are some details regarding NIACL Assistant Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme for Prelims Examination:
- There will be 100 questions, in total, carrying one mark each.
- Total Time duration of the exam is 1 hour.
Shortlisted candidates for each category, meeting the specified requirements set by NIACL, will only be allowed to appear for the NIACL Assistant mains examination. Without further ado, let us introduce best study tips for NIACL Assistant Reasoning section. We are going to share few essential points which primarily aims at improving the overall score in the said exam.
How to prepare for NIACL Assistant Reasoning Ability Section 2017
The test will include questions designed to test the candidate‘s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions. The NIACL Reasoning Ability Section is quite massive. So, there can be a chance that you might miss out on a few scoring topics.
The following topics in NIACL Reasoning Ability Section in Preliminary Examination should be at your tips.
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relation
- Data Sufficiency
- Coding and Decoding
- Puzzle & Seating Arrangement
- Order and Ranking Problems
These questions give the most accurate answers in the least time, provided you have given them time while preparing for NIACL Assistant Exam.
So, without any further build-up, this our take on How to Prepare for NIACL Assistant Reasoning Ability 2017.
Dedicate Preparation Time for Seating Arrangement and Puzzle Test
Candidates must practice seating arrangement and puzzle test problems as these problems appear in sets of 5-5 questions almost every year in NIACL Assistant Examination.
- Seating Arrangement Problems consist of people seating around a round table “facing towards the centre of the table’, “Facing away from the centre of the table” and a combination of both. You need practice to solve such questions. However, ‘facing towards the centre of the table’ questions are more likely to come in NIACL Assistant Prelims examination.
- Also, while solving seating arrangement problems, one needs to ask himself/ herself this question – ‘Can I solve this in optimal time?’
- Puzzle Test Problems require a lot of practice. One must be able to analyse total number of variables in the problems. Don’t try to solve Puzzles orally, always make a rough diagram for the same. It will make things easier.
Identifying Patterns in Input-Output & Order based Problems
Try to observe as many patterns as you can see while practising Input-Output problems. One should be able to predict the patterns based on the previously solved questions. Hence, maintaining a diary containing short notes on identified patterns might help.
- Pattern in Alphabetical orders (vowels and consonants, letters from staring and end etc.)
- Pattern in case of numerical values (even-odd, prime and composite, multiples etc.)
If you cannot identify the pattern in less than 2 minutes, please leave the question and proceed further. However, there is a very less chance that NIACL Assistant Prelims exam will contain Input Output Section.
Solving Statement-based Questions
Statement- Assumptions, Statement-Conclusion, Statement- Arguments, Statement- Courses of Action – you may get one or two problems from these.
One can never be 100% sure, but practising these will certainly reduce error in your judgement, which brings us to our final part. Candidates who will be appearing for NIACL Assistant Exam can go through these golden study tips on How to prepare for NIACL Assistant Reasoning Ability Section 2017.
Stay connected for more information regarding NIACL Assistant Recruitment 2017.