How to Prepare for SSC CPO Quantitative Aptitude Section 2017:As we all know that, Staff Selection commission has uploaded a notification regarding recruitment of Sub-Inspectors in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub Inspectors in CISF. The Staff Selection Commission will be conducting SSC CPO Tier I exam in the month of June.
With only a limited time left for SSC CPO Preparation and Revision, it is the right time to formulate a study plan and proper exam strategy to crack SSC CPO. In this article, our primary focus will be on How to Prepare for SSC CPO Quantitative Aptitude 2017.
How to Prepare for SSC CPO Quantitative Aptitude Section 2017
The Tier 1 Paper for SSC CPO 2017 Examination will be an online computer-based test (CBT). The written paper will consist of 200 questions, each carrying 1 mark. There will be 4 sections in total.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
The total time to solve the paper will be 120 minutes. So, there will be an overwhelming number of questions to attempt in a very limited time space. The importance and overall prominence of Quantitative Aptitude in SSC CPO are well known. The questions asked from this section contribute to a major proportion of the written examination i.e 25% the total questions will be asked from Quant section.
There are certain cases where scores achieved in Quantitative Section act as the tipping point between cracking or failing a recruitment exam. Hence, if one is preparing for SSC CPO exam with a hope of cracking it, a good understanding of several Quantitative Aptitude concepts is necessary. Let us go through some essential topics of SSC CPO Maths section.
- Arithmetic: Number System, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Average, Ratio, Proportion, Partnership, Mixture & Allegation, Time and Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Time, Speed and Distance, Problems on Train and Problems on Boat and Stream.
- Geometry: Basics of Geometry, Triangle, Polygons, Circle, and Miscellaneous.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Parallelogram, Rectangle, Pathway in a Rectangle, Square, Rhombus, Trapezium, Circle, Semi – Circle, Ring (shaded Region), Sector of a Circle, Cube, Cuboid, Cylinder, Cone, Sphere, Hemisphere, Frustum, Right Prism, Pyramid, and Tetrahedron.
- Data Interpretation: Basic Concept, Bar Graph, Pie charts, Table Charts and Line graph.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry Ratio Identities, Trigonometric values for Common angles, Sign of Trigonometric ratio, Range of Trigonometric Ratio, Range of m sinθ ± n cosθ, Value of different trigonometric series, Trigonometric ratio of multiple angles and Compound angle.
- Height and Distance: Angle of elevation, Angle of depression and Miscellaneous.
You are advised to do more practice by using the quant shortcut tricks for miscellaneous questions.
Enhance your SSC CPO preparation with the below given Mock Tests:
Let us now touch the core of this article which will help you acquire useful tips on SSC CPO Quantitative Aptitude section 2017:
- Use tips tricks or direct formulas that can be used to conclude the answer. Learn the basics by studying from reference books. Read and understand the basics behind each topic. This way you will be able to grasp the concepts which will help you in solving Geometry numerical easily.
- Data Interpretation is expected to cover some length of the paper. You need to practice Data Interpretation. Some of the mathematics areas which you must be good at are time & work, percentage, averages & ratio proportion. Another important aspect is that you need to be aware of the options given. In certain questions, the exact to the point answer is not necessary. The options are spaced in such a manner that approximations can be done. Thus looking at the options before answering the questions saves plenty of your time.
- You are advised to do more practice by using the quant shortcut tricks for miscellaneous questions. Important topics include Time & work, Speed & Distance, Number System, Profit & Loss etc. It is advisable to learn tables and squares till 50, cube till 15, cube roots up to 10 and fractions up to 15. With the exam pressure in your head, it would act as a booster if you know the answer to any of the questions beforehand. Use tips tricks or direct formulas that can be used to conclude the answer.
- The more you practice the more you’ll remember. Use direct formulas and apply them right away. Just by looking at the question, you will be able to create a mental figure and find the correct answer in a matter of few seconds. Needless to say that a lot of questions from geometry can be solved just by making the figure according to the question and guessing the approximate values.
- Use Shortcut Tricks like Vedic mathematics and other tricks like Multiplication and Division or finding cube within seconds etc. Try calculating in your mind. You need to divide complex calculations into parts and solve it in your mind without paper. That is how toppers do complex calculations during exams. Right now, it will be difficult for you to use this method but with practice, you will be able to do any complicated calculation within seconds.
- Try to minimize the time dedicated to each section so that you can use that time in Quantitative aptitude section. It involves calculation but the results can be achieved with 100% accuracy.
- Make a concise version of your learning by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them.
- Spend some time in solving previous year question papers & mock tests. This will help you identify the minimum number of questions that you should attempt accurately, in order to qualify this exam.
Here we conclude our article on how to prepare for Quant section for SSC CPO 2018. We will be adding more study plans in the days to come. Let us know if more information is needed in the comments section below.
Read our previous blogs on: