How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Prelims Reasoning Ability Section 2017: The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) will be conducting the IBPS Common Recruitment Process (CWE) for the recruitment of Clerks in different Public Sector Banks spread across the country. This year, IBPS has announced a total of 7883 vacancies for the post of Bank Clerk.
With only a limited time left for IBPS Clerk Prelims Preparation and Revision, it is the right time to formulate a study plan and proper exam strategy to crack IBPS Clerk Prelims. In this article, our primary focus will be on How to Prepare for Reasoning Ability for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017 and qualify for the next level,IBPS Clerk Mains Examination.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
The Online Computer-Based Test (CBT) for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017 will be conducted in objective MCQ pattern. There will be 100 questions in total and 3 sections – English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.
|Name of the Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Some of the essential details related to IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017 are as follows:
- The total number of questions will be 100.
- The Paper mode will be English/ Hindi.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- The total time to solve the entire paper is 60 minutes.
- There will be sectional and overall cutoff.
Marks secured in IBPS Clerk Prelims will be taken into consideration while selecting candidates for Mains.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Reasoning Ability Preparation Tips
The Reasoning Section in IBPS Clerk Prelims Recruitment Examination is considered both challenging and exciting part by most of the aspirants. The only way to excel in IBPS Clerk Prelims Reasoning Section is developing an in-depth understanding of Logic and Regular Practice.
The more you practice, the better clarity about the logic will be built in your muscle memory. Based in Previous Year IBPS Clerk Prelims Paper as well as other Bank Exams, here is a list of topics which are essential towards IBPS Clerk Prelims Reasoning Ability Preparation for Preliminary Examination.
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relation
- Data Sufficiency
- Aphabet / Aphanumeric Series
- Input Output
- Coding and Decoding
- Puzzle & Seating Arrangement
- Order and Ranking Problems
To score better in Reasoning Ability Section, follow these points while preparing for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017.
1. Focus on topics that are considered important from the frequency point of view. Don’t try to cover the entire syllabus. Your major focus must be on the most scoring ones so you can atleast clear the cut off scores for IBPS Clerk Prelims.
2. Cramming will not work in Reasoning Ability Section of IBPS Clerk Prelims. Questions based on Reasoning will be purely logic based. Try attempting as many online mock tests as you can so that your logic building process is initiated and you can identify how to proceed further in a problem.
3. Analyse your Performance Regularly : All your efforts, preparation and study tips will amount to nothing if you haven’t revised them regularly. Analysing and Examining your performance helps you know which areas you need to work upon. Hence, make sure you mark your level of preparation in a performance sheet and understand how much effort you need to put in further
4. Start with Reading and Understanding concepts of the Reasoning topics. Once you are able to understand the basics behind each topic, divert your focus on both speed and accuracy since IBPS Clerk Prelims is competitive recruitment examination.
5. Meticulously divide your study timetable among various essential Reasoning Topics for IBPS Clerk Prelims Preparation. Where you will be able to solve Coding Decoding Questions after a little practice, questions based on Blood Relations might take up more time.
6. Follow 1:4 Preparation Rule. It means among the total time spent on preparing for SBI PO Prelims, 25% should be dedicated towards concept building and 75% must be directed towards practising questions. Practice is the key ingredient towards cracking SBI PO Prelims.
7. Speaking about Time Management, it is THE FACTOR. Solving questions in a timely manner is extremely important.Try to complete Reasoning section in a time span of 25 minutes by attempting 25 accurate questions. This will increase your speed and you will be able to clear sectional cutoff with a good score. Since these questions are based on logic, there will always be a number of methods to solve it. Your thought process must be ready to identify the best way to solve keeping in mind both time and accuracy.
7. Test your performance: Most exams are being conducted online these days. Our IBPS Clerk free package simulates the exact experience of an online exam and would help you get a first-hand feel of what an Online exam is all about before you sit for the real test.
We conclude our article on How to Prepare for Reasoning Ability for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017. Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS Clerk Prelims Recruitment 2017. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best IBPS Clerk Exam Preparation App for free.