How to Prepare for IBPS PO Mains Data Interpretation Section 2017: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will now conduct the final paper for IBPS PO Recruitment, i.e. IBPS PO Mains 2017 in a few days. IBPS will definitely be muddling up the questions to see, if a candidate is mentally prepared for the exam.
But, Are you prepared enough??
Solely cramming formulas and studying day and night won’t be of any good. To help you in a better way, OnlineTyari experts have amalgamated essentials tips (Topic-wise) which will definitely help you attempt IBPS PO Mains in an efficient manner.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern
Follow the IBPS PO Mains Pattern to begin with. According to the new pattern, the Mains Examination will consist of Objective as well as Subjective Examination.
Objective Examination will constitute of 155 Questions for 200 Marks to be answered within the duration of 3 hours. The Examination will be divided into 4 sections i.e. Reasoning & Computer Section, English, Data Interpretation & General Awareness. The overall time allotted for IBPS PO 2017 Mains Exam is 180 minutes.
Even though the Pattern of the Exam is new to IBPS but it is similar to SBI. Don’t Panic and Practice well for the exam so that you can crack the exam.
IBPS PO Mains Data Interpretation: Preparation Tips
Although most of the candidates are afraid of maths section, it is just a myth that you cannot score well in IBPS PO Maths section. Based on previous year mains exam, The QA section ranged from moderate to tough questions, sprinkled across the topics, with Inequality based questions being quite difficult to solve. The DI questions were based on Pie Chart, Caselets and Line Graphs and were fairly average in terms of level of difficulty.
- Number Series – 5 Questions
- Mathematical Inequalities – 5 Questions
- Approximation- 5 Questions
- Data Interpretation – 20 Questions
- Misc. – 15 Questions
Miscellaneous questions include Age, Probability, Partnership, Profit Loss, Average, Boats & Stream, Compound/Simple Interest, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Time & Work, etc.
Let us now touch the core of this article which will help you acquire useful tips on IBPS PO Data Analysis & Interpretation section.
Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Line Graph, Pie-chart)
To master this area, you need to combine skills with strategy. This section tests your ability to interpret and comprehend graphical data and then answer the questions that follow.
What is essential is that you need to have an idea of all the types of questions that are asked, so that you can attempt them in the correct manner.
- A candidate must be thorough with Table (at least up to 50), Squares, cubes, Square roots, percentage to fraction conversion & vice versa.
- Some of the mathematics areas which you must be good at are time & work, percentage, averages & ratio proportion.
- Another important aspect is that you need to be aware of the options given. In certain questions, the exact to the point answer is not necessary. The options are spaced in such a manner that approximations can be done. Thus looking at the options before answering the questions saves plenty of your time.
- Take into consideration a range of values possible to be fit in the blank. Choose the most appropriate value as per the conditions are given in the question.
- If the question involves extensive calculation, use the approximation method to solve the questions. Finding exact values is only necessary when the answer options are very close.
- Attempt questions on data interpretation in the order in which they appear. It is usually seen that answer of the previous question is useful in next question.
- Last year, inequalities questions were asked in a different way in IBPS PO Mains. It covered different Quant sections like quadratic equations, time and work, time speed and distance, mensuration, etc. They involve 2 statements naming Quantity 1 and Quantity 2. (Since it was the first-of-its-kind question, many students faced difficulty in attempting it).
- Just solve both the quantities and answer them accordingly. Also, try to figure out if you can assume the answer of other quantity by solving only one.
- Always remember that the probability of an event can only be between 0 and 1 and can also be written as a percentage.
- Most of the IBPS PO Mains probability questions are expected to be based on Permutation & Combinations. So, make sure you go through P & C well.
- The best way to mastery probability is to practice.
Time & Work
Time and Work problems are most frequently asked problems in quantitative aptitude. To solve these problems very quickly, you should understand the concept of Time and Work and some shortcut methods. Do remember these important pointers:
- If a man can do a piece of work in 5 days, then he will finish 1/5th of the work in one day.
- If a man can finish 1/5th of the work in one day then he will take 5 days to complete the work.
- If a man 5/6th of work in one hour then he will take 6/5 hours to complete the full work.
- If A works three times faster than B then A takes 1/3rd the time taken by B.
- Always use short tricks & practice Time & work questions regularly.
- Read the given problem. Don’t assume anything except universal facts.
- Take the first statement and combine it with the main statement. Try to find the answer.
- If you are unable to find the answer using 2nd step then combine the second statement and combine it with the main statement and try to find the answer.
- If you are unable to find an answer using the second statement then add both statements with the main statement and try to find answer
- If even now you can’t find the answer, simply tick both statements are insufficient.
To score better in IBPS PO Mains Data Analysis & Interpretation Section, keep the following points in your mind:
- It is advisable to learn tables and squares till 50, cube till 15, cube roots up to 10 and fractions up to 15. With the exam pressure in your head, it would act as a booster if you know the answer to any of the questions beforehand.
- Use tips tricks or direct formulas that can be used to conclude the answer.
- Solve various math puzzles like sudoku which will help in logical building.
- Dedicate time to each topic one by one and keep switching topics as well so that you don’t get bored with one subject.
- Learn the basics by studying from reference books. Read and understand the basics behind each topic. This way you will be able to grasp the concepts which will help you in solving the questions easily.
- Solve previous year’s question papers to understand the pattern of questions which are asked in the exam.
- Give 2-3 hours to Quantitative Aptitude Preparation daily. Solve mock tests daily to help you improve your speed as well as accuracy.
- Lastly, Revise whatever you learn throughout the week.
- We hope this article provides you with useful information on IBPS PO Mains Data Analysis & Interpretation Preparation Tips 2017.
Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS PO Recruitment 2017. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best IBPS PO Exam Preparation App for free.