How to Prepare for IBPS RRB Assistant Mains English Language 2018: IBPS will be conducting its second round of RRB Assistant recruitment process i.e IBPS RRB Assistant Mains in the month of October.
With just a few days left, candidates preparing for IBPS RRB Assistant Mains Exam need to concentrate more on maximising speed and accuracy in the overall paper. This article specifically focuses on IBPS RRB Assistant Mains English Preparation Tips and Tricks. Go through this article to prepare for RRB Mains exam efficiently.
IBPS RRB Assistant Mains Exam Pattern 2018
For IBPS RRB Mains Examination, a total of 200 questions will be asked from all the subjects. The number of questions from each subject is 40. The total time allotted to solve these 200 questions is 2 hours.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English/ Hindi Language||40||40|
A candidate will be negatively marked for a wrong answer. If the candidate clears this exam, he/she will be selected for the post of IBPS RRB Office Assistant.
Based on your performance in IBPS RRB Mains Examination, a final merit list will be prepared. The candidates will be allotted seats in various Regional Rural Bank based on the scores achieved in IBPS RRB Mains.
How to Prepare for IBPS RRB Assistant Mains English Language Section
Candidates’ understanding of the Basics of English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability would be tested. Here we are giving you some important topics out of these which will surely help you maximize your score:
- Reading Comprehension
- Paragraph Completion
- Para Jumbles
- Cloze Test/ Fill in the blanks
- Spotting the errors
Now, we are going to highlight the tips for all of these topics one by one so that we can concentrate on each and every aspect individually.
Reading Comprehension Preparation Tips for IBPS RRB Assistant English Language
For IBPS RRB Assistant Mains English Language Section, the following types of questions are asked in the RC Section of the written paper.
- Vocabulary in context: This refers to the meaning of a word in the given context. You must go through the passage even if you know the meaning of the word because these words are always in relation to what the passage conveys. Analyze the tone and the flow of the passage and try to eliminate the least favorable options. If you are still unable to find the meaning, you can try to interpret the meaning of the line in which the word occurs and try to find the answer by co-relating.
- Direct Information Problems: To solve such problems, go through the questions first and then start skimming through the passage to find the appropriate answer.
- Inference Problems: Try to read the passage thoroughly and process the information provided to answer such kind of problems. If you find yourself still confused, do not try to guess and better opt to skip the question to save yourself from negative marking.
Synonyms/ Antonyms Preparation Tips for IBPS RRB Assistant Mains English Language
For any candidate, the success rate in these type of questions generally depends on how good is the vocabulary. Although, it cannot be developed overnight regular practice and revision will help you to score well.
Allot sometime out of your schedule every day and utilize it efficiently by reading newspapers and articles. Note down words that sound new and find their meanings. Don’t try to learn too many words in one go, as you will not be able to retain them.
Cloze Test Preparation Tips for IBPS RRB Assistant Mains English Language
To excel in this section of English Language, you need to be good in vocabulary and grammar. This is one of the easiest topics provided you attempt it carefully. As all answers to be filled in the blanks are inter-linked, so you have to be very cautious about what you fill in as one wrong answer can lead to another. So, if you are unsure about any blank, skip it for the time being and attempt the next. Also, go through the list of words that occur very frequently.
Fill in the blanks Preparation Tips for IBPS RRB Assistant Mans English Language
Grammar and Vocabulary are again very important to perform in this section. Synonyms and Antonyms should also be practiced. Think logically and choose options that are relevant in the context of the sentence.
Spotting the Error Preparation Tips for IBPS RRB Assistant Mains English Language
To score in this section, you must be well-versed with topics like Part of Speech, Subject-Verb Agreement, Nouns, Pronouns, Adjectives, etc.
- Read the sentence and try to find the error by analyzing that how does it sound?
- Does it sound grammatically correct?
90% of the times you will be able to spot the error with this technique. You can also check the sentence for subject-verb agreement.
Para jumbles Preparation Tips for IBPS RRB Assistant Mains English Language
Paragraph Jumbles or Parajumbles are a set of sentences presented in a jumbled or random order. You need to reassemble or rearrange these sentences to form a meaningful paragraph. A typical parajumle question will consist of 5-6 jumbled sentences explaining a particular factual topic or idea from which you will have to construct a coherent paragraph
- The first thing you need to look at is the opening sentence. You can easily spot the opening sentence as it always introduces the person, place, organization or concept which the author would be talking about.
- Try to spot this link which binds the sentences together and then analyze their sequence. Eliminate the options that do not have any link between them. This is called the elimination method that helps to narrow down the best options for choice selection.
- Analyze the theme of each para jumble and then try to restore the paragraph in the right order.
- Try to synchronize the course of events in the form of activities based on logic so as to what is done first followed by others.
- Try to spot articles (a, the, etc.), connectives, pronouns (they, he, she, etc.) and adjectives. These will help you to deduce the sequence of events.
We hope that this article on How to Prepare IBPS RRB Assistant Mains English Language will help you to formulate your exam strategy and score well in the Mains Examination. We wish you all the luck for the forthcoming Tier 2 Exam.