How to Prepare for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains Reasoning Ability: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has successfully conducted the IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Prelims Examination. Now candidates have started preparing for the next round. This exam is regarded as one of the most challenging papers in the country. The IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains 2018 is going to held on 30th September.
In order to secure good marks and qualify in IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains, here is a proper study plan on How to prepare for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains Reasoning Ability Section 2018. But first, let us provide you with a brief view of the exam.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains Exam Pattern
It is very important for all the applicants to be completely aware of the exam pattern before they begin with their preparation.
IBPS RRB Mains 2018: Officer Scale 1
The shortlisted candidates will be called for the final paper for IBPS RRB Recruitment 2018. This will be again an objective MCQ based paper, but with more questions and sections. For IBPS RRB Mains Examination, there will be 5 sections.
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
- English/ Hindi Language
- Computer Language
The total number of questions in IBPS RRB Phase II Examination will be 200.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English/ Hindi Language||40||40|
The most important details regarding IBPS RRB Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme for Mains Examination are as follows.
- The Written Examination will be bilingual i.e. English/ Hindi (except for the language section).
- There will be 200 questions in total.
- The maximum marks for IBPS RRB Mains will be 200.
- For every wrong attempt, 1/4th mark of the total score of the question will be deducted.
- The total time will be 2 Hours (120 minutes).
The scores achieved in Mains Examination for IBPS Rural Regional Bank Recruitment will be the deciding factor for moving to the final round.
How to Prepare for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains Reasoning Ability
This article on ‘How to prepare for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains Reasoning Ability’ focuses primarily on how we can help IBPS aspirants in identifying best preparation tips and techniques which help them in cracking IBPS Officer Mains Exam. First, let us go through the list of the topics asked in IBPS RRB Officer Mains Examination along with the number of questions. (Based on previous year exam).
- Sitting Arrangement and Puzzles: 21
- Direction Sense: 4
- Data Sufficiency: 5
- Machine Input-Output: 5
- Logical Reasoning: 5
The Reasoning Section, being a vast section, comprised of a number of topics.
- Candidates found Puzzles and Seating Arrangement questions hard to crack.
- Data Sufficiency questions were puzzle and coding based
- Questions based on Machine Input- Output was hard to solve which were based on double shifting
Below mentioned is the explanation of each topic which will help you to understand them better.
- Questions from this section are also sometimes mixed up with other topics like blood relation, direction, seating arrangement etc.
- Mostly 1 puzzle consists of 5 questions come from this topic.
- Most people get scared by the length of the puzzles and don’t attempt them. But once the candidates get the puzzle, it is very easy to solve it. Practicing 10 to 15 different sets of puzzles can help the candidates to score well in this section.
- Input/ Output section comes with a word and number arrangement machine question, when given an input line of words and numbers rearranges them following a particular rule in each step.
- There is much possibility that this topic will cover 3 questions of double sided arrangement. So, a candidate is advised to practice accordingly.
- Try to solve inequalities topic questions in a less time so that you can utilize more time to other sections.
- As of RRB PO Mains, it is expected that these questions will not come directly (say A>B<C>D) but in the hidden form (say A@B$C*D).
- Aspirants should practice this topic efficiently as it will help them to score more in less time.
- Blood relation topic is fun to solve. Just try to apply the question on your family and follow the structure of the question, you will definitely get the answer in less time.
- This topic question can be manipulated in some other form too. Around 3 to 4 questions are asked from this section.
- Coding and Decoding’ carries significant weightage in bank exams.
- To solve questions based on Coding and Decoding you need to Observe alphabets or numbers given in the question. The more prepared you are, the better will be your score.
- These questions are generally easy but time consuming because candidates take lots of time in understanding the logic of the question.
- This can be solved by regular practice and solving mock test papers on this topic.
- Logical reasoning covers the major portion of the this section. The Topics coverd are: Statement and Argument / Assumption / Conclusion / Course of action Cause and Effect Deriving Conclusions from passage.
- Do not make your own Assumptions. While attempting the questions, go through the statement properly first and try to understand what exactly it suggests. Go through the assumptions then and try to analyze if these can be assumed based on the information in the statement.
- It is a common tendency of students to adopt an approach based on your own value system. Generally 7 to 10 questions are asked from this section.
Important Tips for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains Reasoning Ability Preparation
Here are a few tips that will help you in your preparation for Reasoning Ability section for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains exam.
- Start preparing topic by topic and then make yourself clear with Questions under Reasoning that is your strength. Segregate the topics which you are weak in and practice those every day.
- Don’t try to cover everything included in syllabus. Just focus on the important topics which carry a high weightage of marks.
- Focus on accuracy and speed. Solve various mock tests available online by setting a timer for yourself. This practice is the most beneficial one and guarantees proper time management.
- Learn the basics by studying from reference books. Read and understand the basics behind each topic. This way you will be able to grasp the concepts which will help you in solving the questions easily.
- Solve previous year’s question papers to understand the pattern of questions which are asked in the exam.
- Lastly, do not forget to revise the topics which you have learned throughout the week
Preparing for IBPS RRB Officer Mains?? Here are our Recommended Mock Tests
We wish you all the luck for the forthcoming Tier 2 Exam.