How to Prepare for KVS TGT PGT English: The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, commonly know as KVS, is the prime body that conducts the recruitment exam for various teaching posts in KVS. The KVS Recruitment 2021 notification will be out soon. The Kendriya Vidyalaya Recruitment Exam 2021 will be conducted to recruit candidates for TGT, PGT, Principal, Music Teachers.
The tentative number of KVS TGT PGT Vacancy 2021 is more than 9000. Therefore, candidates preparing for the exam must work hard to grab the golden opportunity to work in the booming Indian Education Sector.
Many candidates preparing for the KVS TGT PGT 2021 exam have questions regarding the KVS TGT PGT English language Preparation. This article will cover all the necessary information on how to Prepare for the KVS TGT PGT English Section.
KVS TGT PGT Exam Pattern
The KVS TGT PGT Exam Pattern is published by the KVS on its official website. Hence, candidates must keep a tab on the KVS Official Notification to get complete exam pattern details. The recruitment process follows a two-stage procedure that comprises a written test followed by a personal interview.
KVS Written Exam: The first phase of the KVS Recruitment 2021 is a written exam that tests candidates on multiple aspects. The exam comprises three sections for PGT teachers and two sections for TGT teachers.
Candidates clearing the written test are called out for a personal interview.
KVS Personal Interview: The interviews are organised at different centres throughout the country. Candidates are interviewed by experts who mark candidates based on their interpersonal skills, teaching skills, and mental aptitude.
KVs Merit List: A cumulative of written and interview marks are used to create a merit list. Candidates scoring at least the cutoff marks make it to the merit list.
KVS TGT Teacher Exam Pattern
- The KVS written test will consist of one paper for TGTs (English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Maths, Social Studies and Science.
- The KVS written test will consist of one paper for TGTs. The total number of questions asked in the exam is 150, each carrying one mark.
- The total time allotted to complete the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
|Test||Subjects||Number of Question||Total Marks||Time|
|Part – I||General English||10||10||2 Hours 30 minutes|
|Part – II||General knowledge & Current Affairs||40||40|
- For KVS TGT (P & HE, WE, AE) Teachers, Part -II consist of 100 questions from the concerned subject, General Knowledge-10, Computer Literacy- 10 & Reasoning Ability- 10.
Recommended: English Language Grammar Practice Book
Candidates who secure the cut off marks will then move to the Interview part. Check out the KVS Interview Preparation Tips.
KVS PGT Teacher Exam Pattern
Check out the KVS exam pattern for Post Gradudate Teachers.
|Test||Subjects||Number of Question||Total Marks||Time|
|Part – I||General English||10||10||3 Hours|
|Part – II||General knowledge & Current Affairs||10||10|
- The total time duration of the exam is 180 minutes.
- The exam consists of 150 questions, each carrying one mark.
Let us further analyse the nature of these questions and elaborate our article on How to prepare for the KVS English section.
Practice: Spotting the Error Question Bank
Each aspirant must be able to answer the following questions after they’ve read this article on How to Prepare for KVS English Language Section-
How do I start preparing for KVS English Language section?
How to prepare for KVS English Language Topic-Wise?
Which topics in KVS English Language are easy to crack?
How much time should I dedicate towards KVS English Language?
How to prepare for TGT English?
How to prepare for PGT English?
Total Question in English Section – 10
There will be 10 questions in the English Section of the KVS Recruitment Exam, with questions from sub section divided as follows:
- Synonyms (2 Questions)
- Opposite word (1 Question)
- Spelling Correction (2 Question)
- Idioms and Phrases (2 Question)
- Correct Sentence Formation (2 Questions)
- Noun/article (1 Question)
KVS TGT PGT English Topics
Candidates must prepare the following topics for the KVS English Section.
- Verb & Adverb
- Error Correction
- Synonyms /opposite words
- Verb Agreement
- Word Formation
- Theme detection
- Passage Completion
- Idioms & Phrases
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Completion
- Unseen Passages
- Sentence Rearrangement
Now let us highlight some tricks and suggestions for preparing the KVS English section efficiently.
How to Prepare for KVS TGT PGT English: Tips and Tricks
- Read English newspapers daily. It will help polish vocabulary skills and develop a grip on writing styles, punctuation use and grammar.
- Align the preparation with the KVS exam pattern for English Section. It will help candidates to attempt the KVS English section effectively.
- Attempt Onlinetyari mock tests. It helps the candidate in understanding the areas of improvement, current preparation level, and core strengths.
- Analyse the KVS Previous Year Exam Paper to understand the difficulty level and gain an insight into the exam pattern and types of questions asked.
- Building strong grammar skills take time. So be patient and practice every day using online resources and mock tests.
- KVS English Section can contain questions on punctuation and spelling errors. Therefore, focus on improving these aspects.
- Build a habit of reading a question twice before marking the answer. It will help in understanding the context of the question.
- Solving previous years KVS Exam Papers will help in fulfilling the following objectives:
- Understand which topics were prominent in KVS Recruitment Examination.
- What was the difficulty level of questions?
- Analyse the time devoted to each exam section and create a strategy accordingly.
- Calculate the correct/ incorrect ratio after taking the exam.
- Analyse the performance and work on an exam strategy to attempt maximum questions with speed and accuracy.
These crucial tips on how to prepare for the KVS TGT PGT English section will help candidates to perform well and score well in the KVS English section.
Recommended: Reading Comprehension Question Bank
Stay connected for more information regarding KVS Recruitment 2021. To excel in recruitment examinations, download the Best PGT TGT Exam Preparation App for free.