How to Prepare for NIACL Assistant Mains English Language Section: As we all know that, New India Assurance Company Limited has successfully conducted preliminary examination for the post of Assistant on April 22, 2017. The result of the same is expected to be uploaded very soon. The shortlisted candidates will move to the next round i.e NIACL Assistant Mains Examination 2017.
To clear the second hurdle, candidates have to work hard with a pinch of smart work for every sections included in NIACL Mains 2017 examination. This article will focus on How to Prepare for English language for NIACL Assistant Mains 2017. A candidate develops ample of questions in his/her mind when it comes to exam preparation. To help them, we are providing some crucial tips and tricks to be followed to prepare NIACL Mains English Language Section.
NIACL Assistant Mains Exam Pattern 2017
Before jumping on how to prepare for NIACL Assistant Mains English section, let us first visit exam pattern. A candidate should be aware of the exam pattern to apply his/ her strategy in the right direction.
|Name of the Section||No of Questions||Marks|
Here are some details regarding NIACL Assistant Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme for Mains Examination:
- There will be 200 questions, in total, carrying 1.25 marks each.
- Total Time duration of the exam is 2 hour.
- For every wrong attempt, 1/4th mark of the total score of the question will be deducted.
- Total marks obtained as above shall be proportionately reduced to a base of 35 marks
Candidates qualifying in the Main Examination will be further shortlisted for Regional Language test before the final selection. Now you are aware of the exam pattern, let us move further with our valuable tips on English Language.
How to Prepare for NIACL Assistant Mains English Language Section
Candidates’ understanding of the Basics of English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability would be tested. Here we are giving you some important topics out of these which will surely help you maximize your score:
- Reading Comprehension
- Paragraph Completion
- Para Jumbles
- Cloze Test/ Fill in the blanks
- Spotting the errors
Now,we are going to highlight the tips for all of these topics one by one so that we can concentrate on each and every aspect individually.
Reading Comprehension Preparation Tips for NIACL Assistant English Language
For NIACL Assistant English Language Section, the following types of questions are asked in the RC Section of the written paper.
- Vocabulary in context: This refers to the meaning of a word in the given context. You must go through the passage even if you know the meaning of the word because these words are always in relation to what the passage conveys. Analyze the tone and the flow of the passage and try to eliminate least favourable options. If you are still unable to find the meaning, you can try to interpret the meaning of the line in which the word occurs and try to find the answer by co-relating.
- Direct Information Problems: To solve such problems, go through the questions first and then start skimming through the passage to find the appropriate answer.
- Inference Problems: Try to read the passage thoroughly and process the information provided to answer such kind of problems. If you find yourself still confused, do not try to guess and better opt to skip the question to save yourself from negative marking.
Synonyms/ Antonyms Preparation Tips for NIACL Assistant English Language
For any candidate, the success rate in these type of questions generally depends on how good is the vocabulary. Although, it cannot be developed overnight but regular practice and revision will help you to score well.
Allot sometime out of your schedule every day and utilise it efficiently by reading newspapers and articles. Note down words that sound new and find their meanings. Don’t try to learn too many words in one go, as you will not be able to retain them.
Cloze Test Preparation Tips for NIACL Assistant English Language
To excel in this section of English Language, you need to be good in vocabulary and grammar.
This is one of the easiest topics provided you attempt it carefully. As all answers to be filled in the blanks are inter-linked, so you have to be very cautious about what you fill in as one wrong answer can lead to another. So, if you are unsure about any blank, skip it for the time being and attempt the next.
Also, go through the list of words that occur very frequently. Words in ‘Word Power Made Easy’ are extremely important for this section.
Fill in the banks Preparation Tips for NIACL Assistant English Language
Grammar and Vocabulary are again very important to perform in this section. Synonyms and Antonyms should also be practised. Think logically and choose options that are relevant in context to the sentence.
Spotting the Error Preparation Tips for NIACL Assistant English Language
To score in this section, you must be well-versed with topics like Part of Speech, Subject-Verb Agreement, Nouns, Pronouns, Adjectives, etc.
- Read the sentence and try to find the error by analysing that how does it sound?
- Does it sound grammatically correct?
90% of the times you will be able to spot the error with this technique. You can also check the sentence for subject-verb agreement.
Para jumbles Preparation Tips for NIACL Assistant English Language
Paragraph Jumbles or Parajumbles are a set of sentences presented in a jumbled or random order. You need to reassemble or rearrange these sentences to form a meaningful paragraph. A typical parajumle question will consist of 5-6 jumbled sentences explaining a particular factual topic or idea from which you will have to construct a coherent paragraph
- The first thing you need to look at is the opening sentence. You can easily spot the opening sentence as it always introduces the person, place, organisation or concept which the author would be talking about.
- Try to spot this link which binds the sentences together and then analyze their sequence. Eliminate the options that do not have any link between them. This is called the elimination method that helps to narrow down the best options for choice selection.
- Analyze the theme of each para jumble and then try to restoring the paragraph in the right order.
- Try to synchronize the course of events in the form of activities based on logic so as to what is done first followed by others.
- Try to spot articles (a, the, etc.), connectives, pronouns (they, he, she, etc.) and adjectives. These will help you to deduce the sequence of events
Stay connected for more information regarding NIACL Assistant Recruitment 2017.