How to Prepare for NICL AO Prelims English Language Section: National Insurance Company Limited is the Government owned general Insurance company established in the year 1906 and its headquarter is located in the city of Kolkata. NICL is the subsidiary of General Insurance Company Limited.
NICL is going to recruit candidates for the post of Administrative Officer for a total of 205 posts. Many of the candidates have submitted their application online & its time to initiate exam preparation. In order to secure good marks and qualify in NICL AO Exam, here is a proper study plan on How to prepare for NICL AO Prelims English Language Section 2017. But first let us provide you a brief view of the exam pattern.
NICL AO Exam Pattern 2017
The Online Computer-Based Test (CBT) for NICL AO Prelims 2017 will be conducted in objective MCQ pattern. This test would be of 60 minutes duration consisting of 3 sections- English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.
|Name of the Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
How to prepare for NICL AO Prelims English Language Section 2017
Candidates’ understanding of the Basics of English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability would be tested.
Here we are giving you some important topics out of these which will surely help you maximize your score:
- Cloze Test
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Completion
- Spoting Errors
Now, We are going to highlight the tips for all of these topics one by one so that we can concentrate on each and every aspect individually.
NICL AO Prelims English Language: Preparation Tips for Reading Comprehension
NICL AO English Language Section is predominantly filled with RC questions. Hence, to secure good marks, you need to be a pro at solving reading comprehension question.
- Read the entire passage carefully and then read all the questions.
- Do not try to attempt questions straight-away without reading and only referring to the passage for each question. Read the passage first and then answer the referenced questions.
- For Synonyms and Antonyms in NICL AO Prelims English Language Section, refer to the line in which they are mentioned and try to infer their meaning by analyzing the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
NICL AO Prelims English Language: Preparation Tips for Cloze Passage
An aspirant with a sound understanding of English Grammar and basic sentence structuring can easily solve Cloze Passage questions in English Language Section.
- Read the passage and go according to the flow.
- Cloze Test are considered to be one of the easiest questions, only if attempted properly. Though it can prove to be complicated as one error can cost you a lot of marks as all the blanks that are to be filled are inter-related.
- If you are confused or are unsure about any particular blank that you have to fill, just avoid it and go for the next one. If you are able to fill in the next blank, then you can come back to the previous one and try again by co-relating.
NICL AO Prelims English Language: Preparation Tips for Fill in the Blanks
- Here, you can try the Elimination approach by eliminating the less-favorable options. This will make it easier for you to choose the correct answer.
- You can also go with rule-the-odd-one-out-strategy. Think logically and rule-out the option which is less likely to comply with the sentence.
NICL AO Prelims English Language: Preparation Tips for Spotting the Error
Believe in yourself and eliminate options by reading the sentence after filling in the options mentally and asking yourself “Does this sound right?”.
NICL AO Prelims English Language: Preparation Tips for Sentence Correction
- Understand the sentence and if you can decipher the meaning of the sentence, it will be easier for you to correct the sentence.
- Try segregating the sentence in to two sentences and then try to combine them after correcting each.
- Look for connecting words that form a pair and arrange them accordingly to form a sentence which is meaningful.
NICL AO Prelims English Language: Preparation Tips for Parajumbles
- Analyze the theme of each para jumble and then try to restoring the paragraph in the right order.
- Try to synchronize the course of events in the form of activities based on logic so as to what is done first followed by others.
- Try to spot articles (a, the, etc.), connectives, pronouns (they, he, she, etc.) and adjectives. These will help you to deduce the sequence of events.
You can never be fully confident about a paper unless you solve the actual one, and the sample papers are the best ‘net practice’ for you before the real match.
Candidates who will be appearing for NICL AO Exam can go through these golden study tips on How to prepare for NICL AO English Language Section 2017.
To excel in Government Examination, download the Best Insurance Exam Preparation App for free.
Stay connected for more information regarding NICL AO Recruitment 2017.