How to Prepare for RBI Grade B General Awareness 2017: The Reserve Bank of India, also known as RBI, has officially released 161 vacancies for the post of Officer Grade ‘B’ in various departments. This year, RBI Grade B examination process will commence in the month of June. The written examination will be held throughout the country at various exam centres in an online Computer-Based Test (CBT) format.
As the exam is nearly a few days away, it is time for the candidates to start the preparation. In order to secure good marks and qualify in RBI Grade B 2017, here is a proper study plan on how to crack RBI Grade B General Awareness section.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2017
The RBI grade B examination consists of a 3 tier process: Phase I examination, Phase II examination and Interview. Candidates need to qualify at each level in order to move to the next one. The exam pattern for RBI grade B phase I examination is given below:
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
In the General Awareness section, there are a total of 80 questions carrying one mark each. The question paper will have Objective MCQ based questions set in both English and Hindi languages.
From the above information, we can deduce that General Awareness section carries maximum number of questions and marks. Thus, you can not afford to take this subject lightly. Head over to our section on how to prepare for general awareness for useful tips and exam strategy.
How to Prepare for General Awareness Section in RBI Grade B
For RBI grade B Examination, the General Awareness Section plays a very important role, mostly due to the fact that it is very scoring. Also, it carries 80 marks of the total 200 in the Phase I examination.
|Topic||Number of Questions|
This section consists of questions based on Current Affairs, Banking Awareness and static affairs. This section also included questions on
Current affairs of past 6 months
- Books & Authors
- Important Places
- Prime Ministers Schemes
- Important Days
RBI Grade B General Awareness Section Preparation Tips
To improve your chances of cracking RBI Grade B Prelims 2017, go through these preparation tips for RBI Grade B General Awareness Section.
- Learn about the basic information of Reserve Bank of India such as its establishment date, governors, headquarters, deputy governors etc. You should also get yourself acquainted with the history of RBI.
- Get all the basic information on Economics from NCERT books of classes 9,10,11,12.
- Read at least one newspaper daily, as it will help in both GK and English Sectional Preparation.
- Follow at least one site for Daily Updates on GK and Current affairs.
- It has been always observed that the same previous year questions of Banking Awareness have been asked in different types. Hence, solving previous years question paper would prove beneficial.
- Try to dedicate some time for revising what you’ve learnt. It is the most crucial tip anyone can give
- Practice with various mock tests and question banks available online or through particular books. This helps you in assessing the importance of time and efficiency. Set a timer and solve questions within the time frame to increase your speed of attempting questions.
- Make notes of important information which you find while reading and revise them regularly.
- Most of all, always stay positive and believe in yourself. You can easily release all the pressure and work-load of your exams by maintaining a positive outlook.
Here we conclude our article on How to Prepare for RBI Grade B General Awareness 2017. Stay connected for more information regarding RBI Grade B Examination.